Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @mindtrap--My medical took about 2 hours.

Comment

• @dkelly: Thanks! I shall give myself a few hours of availability that day.

@ifaynshteyn: I see the end of the Yellow Brick Road for you. You're almost there!
      I think one of the reasons why my background/references check has been a bit slow is that I used to live overseas for many years. I was told Interpol had to be contacted. Talk about being thorough! Also, it might take some time for my overseas references to be contacted and to submit whatever information SFPD requires.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I completed my BI Triage appt the 14 of Aug, if I were to get contacted by a Background Investigator, how long would it be??? Thank you in advance for the feedback. ( this waiting stuff can make the most patient person restless!)

Comment

• @mindtrap, I hope so, I can feel the finish line. As for the overseas situation;...I am sure it will be sorted out, just keep your head up and stay out of trouble.

@Mero, it took roughly 2 months for me to hear from my BI after triage.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
            If anyone is in need of a pair of mat shoes for the Academy, let me know. (Men's size 5).

Comment

• Has anyone heard of someone being notified that they were disqualified after submitting the background packet? I am wondering if no news is good news but was not sure if they were doing this. Also does anyone know how far they have gotten in the written test scores when calling triage appts? Are they in the 900's yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by shmogan09 View Post
                Has anyone heard of someone being notified that they were disqualified after submitting the background packet? I am wondering if no news is good news but was not sure if they were doing this. Also does anyone know how far they have gotten in the written test scores when calling triage appts? Are they in the 900's yet?
                No news is good news indeed.a DQ comes in a thin letter usually.as for scores,they went top down so they are in the mid 700s now.i scored 830 and did triage in May. The new round of triage just started up again with the mid to low 700 scores.

Comment

• Thank you! Hopefully with a 798 a triage appt will be coming soon (crossing fingers)

Comment

• I arrived at the psych interview about 20 minutes early today. We started immediately since the doctor was available. It was a pretty straightforward interview. He just asked about my background stuff. No tricky questions. It lasted about 20 minutes. I'm usually a bit tense/nervous during interviews, but today's was a relaxing one. The doctor was very friendly and professional.

@mero64: Just like ifaynshteyn, I was contacted by my BI very close to 2 months after my triage. One way I've been trying to be patient with the whole process (and to keep my mind sane) is to stop coming to this thread every day. I'm trying not to think too much about police-related matters and keep myself busy with other stuff. I think I have failed in that respect, though. Definitely hope you hear from the BI soon!

@shmogan09: Good luck to you! Hope you receive a call for the triage very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by shmogan09 View Post
                      Thank you! Hopefully with a 798 a triage appt will be coming soon (crossing fingers)
                      Hey, I heard some talk around the Hall that another group of mass emails is supposed to be going out for the next round of triages.

Comment

• I'm all done except for medical; my BI told me, though, that my medical is probably too close to the hiring board meeting to get into the October Academy, and I'll probably be looking at the January one coming next. It seems the medical results take up to a couple weeks due to blood tests and so on.

Edit: note that http://catalog.post.ca.gov/Presenter...NSIVE&pageId=8
                        Shows an SFPD basic academy starting 10/1.
                        Last edited by rsb; 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Well, I had my medical today. It lasted about 1.5 hours. A myriad of tests was conducted on me. The ones I remember include a urine test, blood pressure, a blood test, a hearing test, a breathing test, and an EKG. The nurse I had was really friendly. She kept on smiling throughout my exam. Later on, a nurse practitioner came in, and we went over the medical history form we had to fill out. She also had me do some mobility tests. Now the wait begins...

@rsb: Thanks for that link. It is interesting to see the types of courses SFPD is offering.
                          Personally, I would prefer the January academy, but I am not going to refuse the October one, if offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkelly View Post
                            Hey, I heard some talk around the Hall that another group of mass emails is supposed to be going out for the next round of triages.
                            Do you know if they have gone out yet? Or just sometime soon?

Comment

• If not today, then by the end of this week is what I hear.

Comment

• Hello. I am new to this thread and I am just wondering how fast the hiring process is going for SFPD and how many people are being hiring. How hard it is to get in? I am thinking about traveling from Michigan to test, but I am just trying to decide if it is worth it or not. Any info is appreciated in advance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13371 users online. 525 members and 12846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X