Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ifaynshteyn: Hey, that's great! Glad you're able to make it on the 25th. What are these "eligibility meetings" you wrote about? I've never heard of them. Also, it's definitely been confirmed that the next academy starts on October 1st? If we don't make it to that one, would you happen to know the date of the next academy then?

Comment

• @mindtrap,I don't know exact dates but end of jan/early feb is what iv been told.eligibility meeting is just your BI sits down with the psych doc and they go over what they will present about you at the hiring board...basically your resume.
      Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 08-23-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• @ifaynshteyn: Oh! Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was some sort of meeting in which we had to attend.

Comment

• There's just 1 meeting-the hiring meeting, no "eligibility" meeting.

Comment

• Dkelly-I'm going off the words of my BI...she may have called it differently.

Comment

• I took the written psych this morning. There was quite a number of applicants there. I would say there was at least 50 of us. I counted 26 in my exam room. The other room had a similar amount as well. The exam was rather long. I decided not to dwell too long on each question, so I answered all of them pretty quickly. I was out of there in about 3.5 hours. Next up is the interview with the doctor next Thursday.

Everyone was dressed to the nines today. No matter who amongst us makes it to the academy, SFPD will definitely have dedicated and professional recruits who will serve the San Francisco community well.

Comment

• I too took the written psych this morning.oral Friday 0800 hours.
                Good luck to everyone for the upcoming hiring board for October and January!

Comment

• I was one of the few who took business casual as no tie. Friday, later in the day for me.

Comment

• @rsb: Haha...frankly, I despise ties. I was pondering whether I should just stick to slacks and a dress shirt, but I finally opted for a suit, just to be on the safe side. During the exam, I really felt like taking off my tie and unbuttoning my collar! It would have made the test-taking a bit more comfortable. Have you had your medical done yet? Mine is in about 1.5 weeks.

Comment

• Mindtrap, I had the same feeling. I LOVE ties, but in certain situations they are just a pain in the rear.
                      For what it's worth I did my medical last week, so I guess it just depends on the BI as to how it was all scheduled. Not to worry though, it gets processed quickly.
                      Did you BI tell you when you are being presented in front of the hiring board? Sept 12th for me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mindtrap View Post
                        @rsb: Haha...frankly, I despise ties. I was pondering whether I should just stick to slacks and a dress shirt, but I finally opted for a suit, just to be on the safe side. During the exam, I really felt like taking off my tie and unbuttoning my collar! It would have made the test-taking a bit more comfortable. Have you had your medical done yet? Mine is in about 1.5 weeks.
                        The irony here is I don't really mind ties! I have to say that the people I talked to there all seemed like great folks, which was awesome, too. Mine's the 10th.

Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                        Mindtrap, I had the same feeling. I LOVE ties, but in certain situations they are just a pain in the rear.
                        For what it's worth I did my medical last week, so I guess it just depends on the BI as to how it was all scheduled. Not to worry though, it gets processed quickly.
                        Did you BI tell you when you are being presented in front of the hiring board? Sept 12th for me!!
                        I'm glad they get processed quickly. He said the 11th for me. I didn't know there would be multiple days. That'll be an exciting week.

Comment

• @rsb/ifaynshteyn: Wow oh wow! That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys! I haven't been contacted about the hiring board yet, but you know what happened to me tonight? Well, my family and I went out to have dinner, and when I got back home, guess who was standing outside the front door?? My BI! Oh my, let me tell you I was quite taken aback because I had not expected a visit from the BI. I was told my home address had to be verified. I was also told my references would be getting questionnaires soon. It was a pleasant meeting, but next time I would prefer a heads up!

Ifaynshteyn, how long did your medical take? I want to make sure I budget enough time for my medical that day.

Also, can you guys please elaborate more on the hiring board? My limited knowledge of it is that the BI and the doctor will present their findings to the Chief's representative (?), and a determination will be made as to whether we are cleared for a slot in the academy. During the hiring meeting, will we be asked questions? Do we need to present anything to the board? How should we prepare for the meeting?

Comment

• mindtrap. You won't be "contacted for the hiring board". You are not present at it. The hiring board is the day your BI is presenting you. The date was listed at the top of the sheet when you signed in for the psych yesterday morning. My BI just happened to be there that day so I got to chat with her and whatnot.

I haven't had my home visit yet, but I venture it will happen in next couple weeks.

As for the medical, it took 45 minutes alltogether.

Comment

• @ifaynshteyn: How embarrassing! I feel like sticking my head into the ground now.
                              Thanks again for the information!
                              Too bad I didn't notice that date when I signed in yesterday.

Comment

• @mindtrap: haha no worries, I'm sure your BI will tell you when it's your turn, don't fret it.
                                I noticed the date on the paper, but mainly it was confirmed by my BI, who as I mentioned above, was there. I had a chat with her after I selected my Clinical appointment, where she told me my references were all set and that she was presenting me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5013 users online. 285 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X