Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @dkelly: Hi! Do you have any ideas why they would have the psych exam at locations far away from one another? Earlier I was going over some of the forms given to us at the interview. I noticed that the form about the psych exam gave directions to a place in Los Gatos! 3 different locations? hmmmm...

If you read vauxhaul's post about his psych exam experience, he took the written and then met the doctor afterwards instead of waiting a week or so. Are you in that same situation or do you have to wait a week?

Comment

• Psych test

Mindtrap: I had my psych written and psych interview in Los Gatos and the polygraph in Foster City. My background investigator was able to schedule the BI interview, medical, psych, and poly within a few days of each other as I am an out of town applicant and would be in town for about a week. There were several reschedulings due to cancelations, so I think they just schedule you for the next available appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by mindtrap View Post
        @lovely-mz-lopez: Hi! I was told to report to the Academy for the psych. The interview with the doctor would follow a week or so later. Where are you having yours?

Anyone else doing their psych at the Academy?
        I am, the same day as you are.

Comment

• @vauxhaul: I'm glad they made it very convenient for you to go through the tests within a short period of time. Traveling back and forth can be a big fat hassle. It looks like you're all done and just waiting for the call for the hiring board now? I definitely hope you get the call soon. None of my references have been contacted yet. *sighs* Patience, mindtrap, patience.

@rsb: hey, that's great! I'm just happy to have it at the Academy because it will save me from a long commute.

It's so good to read about everyone's progress! I'm thankful for the sharing of experiences during this process. Keep them coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by mindtrap View Post
            @dkelly: Hi! Do you have any ideas why they would have the psych exam at locations far away from one another? Earlier I was going over some of the forms given to us at the interview. I noticed that the form about the psych exam gave directions to a place in Los Gatos! 3 different locations? hmmmm...

If you read vauxhaul's post about his psych exam experience, he took the written and then met the doctor afterwards instead of waiting a week or so. Are you in that same situation or do you have to wait a week?
            Last edited by dkelly; 08-12-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• @dkelly: Oh! Thanks for the clarification. One location for the out-of-towners and one for the locals sound reasonable.

Comment

• Getting a bit nervous. I have my medical coming up next week. However, I have not yet been scheduled for a psychological. Also, I have been in touch with all my references, and only 10 of them have received the letters. These include my family, friends, and coworker/boss from current job. No-one from my previous jobs, or even my current internship at the Hall have been contacted. I know for a fact I got all the addresses correct.

Comment

• @ ifaynshteyn-I have a friend who is in the current academy class that began in June. He told me only about half of his references were contacted. He also said that they notified him by email exactly 2 weeks prior to the start of the academy class that he had been selected and he had to report to an orientation the Thursday before the first day of class.

Comment

• Lopez-thanks for the info!anxiously awaiting my BI return from vacation to schedule my psych!!
                    Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted for their 1 on 1 BI recently? Seems like very few people are moving forward.

Comment

• @lovely-mz-lopez: Thanks for the data point. I thought that our background investigation had to be finished completely before SFPD would accept us into the Academy. That's why I've been a bit concerned lately since none of my references have been contacted at all.

Today I got a letter from SFPD. The words "Background Investigations, San Francisco Police Department" were on the front of the envelope. When I initially saw those words, I was thinking to myself that SFPD had sent me a disqualification letter! Was it something in my background? Was there a mistake with my polygraph? As I was opening the mail, my heart was beating pretty fast, I have to say. To my relief, it was just a reminder letter about reporting to the Academy for the written psych at 0745 hrs sharp and to bring a government issued picture ID. It also stated the exam would take about 3 to 7 hours to finish.

Comment

• Congrats mindtrap. I too have not had all my references contacted...in fact, only 10 of them have received letters. I have yet to be scheduled for my psych, but have my medical on Monday. Hopefully I will be scheduled for psych next week when my BI returns from vacation.

Comment

• @ifaynshteyn: You're in pretty good shape now. Your medical is about to be done. Ten of your references have been contacted. I'm sure your psych will be scheduled pretty soon. I'm just trying not to think too much about the hiring by keeping myself busy with other things now. I'm glad to have found this thread, but I find that the more I come here, the more anxious I become about the whole process!

Comment

• @mindtrap: haha yes, just thinking about it is making the process more stressful! I too feel I am in good shape, but keep psyching myself out about it (pardon the bad pun). I too am keeping busy, but it definitely proves difficult when you want this job so badly!!

Comment

• talked to my BI, see you folks at the psych on the 25th at the academy!! It's the home stretch folks...eligibility meetings in 2 weeks or so, hiring board in 3 weeks for the October academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4917 users online. 290 members and 4627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X