Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when the next PAT is scheduled for SFPD?

Comment

• Hello guys, I am new to this forum, and it's been about 5 months since I met with my background investigator. I was wondering if contacting him in regards to my hiring process would be appropriate. Thanks guys!

Comment

• I took the written exam in on 9/15 in Imperial County then I got an email from a recruiter I responded to her email to notify her that I completed my exam. Still waiting to see hear from them. I plan on doing the oral interview session on 11/6.

Comment

• Turned in Background packet and met with BI about a month ago. All of a sudden today, BI informed me that she wants to do a house visit. Is that normal?
          Last edited by CandidateforLE; 11-19-2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• grcalvert
            grcalvert commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey CLE, If you don't mind me asking, how soon did you meet with your BI after turning in your Background packet? Sounds like you are moving fast. I have passed my PAT and oral and waiting for email from background investigations. Thanks

• CandidateforLE
            CandidateforLE commented
            Editing a comment
            When i turned in my packet, my BI hit me about 1 month later. You just have to make sure you are actively checking emails and phone calls from them. one misstep can backtrack you or if u do not respond it shows them that you may no longer be interested in the job. as of now its been about 2 months since meeting with BI, but weekly i have to email my bi to inform her that i am still interested in the job. hope this help.

• Hi everyone. My BI just called me yesterday to let me know he’s issuing my COE. I’m driving to HQ this Thursday 11/29 to sign the COE, schedule my polygraph, psych, and medical exam. He’s targeting the March academy for me. If anyone is in the same pool please reply or pm me to get some dialogue going. Good luck to everyone.

-Respect
          21stCenturyLEO
          Last edited by 21stCenturyLEO; 11-27-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• CandidateforLE
            CandidateforLE commented
            Editing a comment
            coe means conditional offer of employment? my bi trying to get me into the next academy asap. still stuck on BI completing my background and still no date for psych yet.

• Originally posted by CandidateforLE View Post
          Turned in Background packet and met with BI about a month ago. All of a sudden today, BI informed me that she wants to do a house visit. Is that normal?
          Yes, my understanding per this thread is that the home visit is common. I think every BI does things differently. Mine has yet to schedule this, but I don’t live very close to San Francisco.

Comment

• CandidateforLE
            CandidateforLE commented
            Editing a comment
            cool, thanks for the information.

• got a letter saying that i am no longer considered for the position while i was still in backgrounds. They did not specific the reason and the turnaround is having to wait 2 years to reapply? Did i mess up or what?

Comment

• CandidateforLE
            CandidateforLE commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not know DQ was possible in oral... I thought it was Pass or fail only. On your friends DQ was it specified?

• shawnMon
            shawnMon commented
            Editing a comment
            I failed I guess you can say( sorry for the wrong text I said ), but they did not specified one of my friends. My other friend she just wasn't old enough she was 19 at the time but this was last year in the middle of the year, but she has to wait two years to retry for SFPD agency. kind of a bummer for her. But can you give me any tips on how to pass the damn oral. lol

• Mrbanker82
            Mrbanker82 commented
            Editing a comment
            did your letter come via email or in the mail?

• CandidateforLE
            CandidateforLE commented
            Editing a comment
            MRbanker82 via mail.

• Originally posted by CandidateforLE View Post
          got a letter saying that i am no longer considered for the position while i was still in backgrounds. They did not specific the reason and the turnaround is having to wait 2 years to reapply? Did i mess up or what?
          Sorry to hear. Did you inquire as to why?

Comment

• Anyone else being considered for the March academy? If so have you heard if it will be in the beginning or end of March? After my conditional offer I did my medical, poly, group psych, and 1 on 1 psych. I was supposed to be presented during the hiring committee two weeks ago but my medical and psych needed further clearances. My medical was all clear in office but I got a letter from the MD a few days prior to the hiring committee meeting stating that my ekg was abnormal and would need to be cleared by a cardiologist. I’ve since cleared that. My psych 1 on 1 needed further clearance from another MD, which I have gotten and was cleared. If the SFPD psych gives me her blessing I should be good to go, as I’ve earned my BI’s clearance/blessing. The polygraph was an interesting experience to say the least. First time for me. Last week I did an early 5-6AM dry run commute to the academy. In addition I’ve been jogging more to try and improve my cardiovascular conditioning.

Though ive gotten in my own head anticipating whether or not I will get picked up; I’d encourage anyone seeking a job in LE to apply to many departments. This way if one department doesn’t work out there are others in the pipeline. The truth is that many departments are hiring right now. I have competitive rankings with a # of Federal, State, County, and City departments. This has helped tremendously with the anxious waiting game. If for whatever reason SFPD doesn’t pan out I’ve got other backups/lines out to sea. Tomorrow is my BI meeting with the Sacramento Sheriff department. Good luck to everyone.

-Respect
            21stCentury LEO
            Last edited by 21stCenturyLEO; 01-27-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Cuda1980
              Cuda1980 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am. I finished up psych and medical in late November and was presented to the hiring board in mid December. My BI said my file looked good and to anticipate the March academy. I believe it starts on March 25th.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10866 users online. 475 members and 10391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X