Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview is easy. They just go over your paperwork a d ask you some questions. Nothing you haven't answered already on the packet really.

Yeah I'm wondering when the next academy will be and if we will make it to it.

Comment

• mwoody
      mwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, it was pretty straight forward.

I HEARD a class should start in Sept. There's also roughly 3 more between Nov. & Jan. Don't quote me though...

• Anyone heard anything in the last couple weeks? I've been at a standstill for like a month and a half

Comment

• Its a long process man. Just got to hang in there. You can always email the background department for a status update. I wouldn't keep bugging them though. There is a crap load of people trying to get in. My buddy who is in the department said it took him over a year to get in and through the whole process so got to have patience. I think we are all in the same boat.

Comment

• The last I heard was many of my references lagged. I had to bug many people to send. Haven't heard anything after that. Don't ask about your status cause will not expedite nor help. Just update of any changes related to you. Meanwhile, have plan B. Rely on what you can do and not what you don't have control

Comment

• Yeah i haven't emailed anyone. Rather not bug them. Just wanted to see if we were all in the same boat. Patience is definitely needed haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevzlat13 View Post
            Yeah i haven't emailed anyone. Rather not bug them. Just wanted to see if we were all in the same boat. Patience is definitely needed haha.
            I waited 2.5 years for Opd. Didn’t get selected. Is competitive and time consuming. If I were to go back to past, I would have been different things to wisely utilize the time I sat and wait for a job. Don’t don’t close doors for other opportunities and self improvement while waiting for plan A

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post

I waited 2.5 years for Opd. Didn’t get selected. Is competitive and time consuming. If I were to go back to past, I would have been different things to wisely utilize the time I sat and wait for a job. Don’t don’t close doors for other opportunities and self improvement while waiting for plan A
              I had a job offer from SFPD two years ago but declined because of other opportunities which in the long run didn't pan out. So i know what you mean. Always gotta be moving forward

Comment

• Get your references to send back letters asap, trust me it speeds things up and as was said above dont be afraid to ask your BI questions and dont bug them too much. Mine was a great help to me and she emailed anytime there was a problem with my paperwork...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooneyclonduff View Post
                  Get your references to send back letters asap, trust me it speeds things up and as was said above dont be afraid to ask your BI questions and dont bug them too much. Mine was a great help to me and she emailed anytime there was a problem with my paperwork...
                  How long does it take after the references to continue to finish the backgrounds?

Comment

• I'd say the guts of 2 months

Comment

• Did anyone hear from Backgrounds? Haven’t heard anything since References
                      Last edited by m_sharif; 08-14-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Oral board answers here......you see a hype shooting up on the side walk what do you do? You see a transient taking a **** on the subway stairs what do you do? You observe any crime of committed by anyone other that a republican what do you do? Nothing....

Comment

• calls are going out for September academy

Comment

• I got the call for Sept academy. Looking for a roomate if possible. I am coming in from New York City. 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom. Doesnt matter to me. PM me if interested.

Comment

• Anyone else keep getting referral emails? I've gotten like 3 already. Not sure why I keep getting the same emails

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5358 users online. 229 members and 5129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X