300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

Is anyone here waiting to be called for the June academy?

Comment

• If anyone hasn't finished their poly, psych, and medical you are not gonna be in the June academy. Call outs are most likely gonna go out next week. I heard the June academy is gonna start mid June so call outs are probably gonna go out next week.

Comment

• motorcycleguy
        motorcycleguy commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI said we were aiming for the June academy. I still have to do all the mentioned above. obliviously June is out of the question. do you think i can anticipate a call regarding the next upcoming academy as it approaches?

• MONE.
        MONE. commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,

I've completed everything. Waiting patiently for that phone call.. By any chance, would you know what day in the week would they most likely call?

• I got my results from NTN on 5/22 passed and still did not received an email with the next step, does it take this long?

Comment

• If anyone needs a set of uniforms for the academy let me know.

Size is top 15.5 and pants is 34/30.

Private message me and we can set something up.

Comment

• PaloAlto
          PaloAlto commented
          Editing a comment
          Had a question,once a officer do you choose to wear the sfpd baseball cap along with the tactical cargo pants over the dress uniform or how does it work I kinda of like the tactical uniform more comfortable

• Any advice on the physical?

Trying to do as many pushups as i as I can in under a minute. How man correct push-ups are needed to be considered a "pass "

Comment

• PaloAlto
          PaloAlto commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure but I would say push for more then thirty how did the oral go I have mines coming up

• motorcycleguy
          motorcycleguy commented
          Editing a comment

• CandidateforLE
          CandidateforLE commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on the chart shown below, you will earn test points related to the number of trigger pulls, sit-ups, and push-ups that you perform in the given period of time, and the time it takes you to complete the Wall Agility Run. You must attain at least 1 point on each event. If you fail to achieve 1 point on an event, you will not pass the event, and you will not advance to subsequent events.
          The points that you earn across the four events will be summed. To pass the overall Physical Ability Test, you must earn a total of 20 points across the four events, and achieve at least 1 point on each event.
          Points Trigger Pull Sit-Ups Push-Ups Wall Agility Run
          0 43.5 or less 25 or less 21 or less 27.17 or more
          1 44 26 22 27.16 -26.06
          2 44.5 – 45.5 27 23 26.05 – 25.49
          3 46.0 – 47.5 28 24 25.48 – 24.92
          4 48.0 – 49.5 29-30 25 24.91 – 24.35
          5 50-54 31 – 33 26 – 30 24.34 – 23.88
          6 54.5 – 62 34 – 37 31 – 35 23.87 – 23.02
          7 62.5 70.5 38 - 41 36 – 40 23.01 22.17
          8 71 or more 42 or more 41 or more 22.16 or faster

Not sure how accurate this is anymore, since they no longer use the trigger pull as part of their PAT. but this is a good threshold to gauge your fitness.

• Any word on when the next academy starts?

Comment

• would it be out of line to contact my BI at this point to touch base, its been about 4 months since we spoke with no updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by motorcycleguy View Post
            would it be out of line to contact my BI at this point to touch base, its been about 4 months since we spoke with no updates?
            Of course, you should. When I was going through backgrounds, I contacted my BI all the time. Don't over think things. Where are you in the process?

Comment

• motorcycleguy
              motorcycleguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Backgrounds. reference letters went out and all returned. BI said we were aiming for the June academy but that didn't happen. still have to do the poly, psych, and medical

• How are people getting notice of acceptance or declination??? I missed a certified mail from SFPD that Im picking up tomorrow morning but the suspense is killing me.

Comment

• How long is the hiring process? 2 years still?

Comment

• Anyone know how they are going to score the Hand-Grip Test? I believe it is a new process for those who are substituting the WSTB scores vs taking the pat? Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

Comment

• TitusSid
              TitusSid commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll let you know after I take the test Saturday!

• CandidateforLE
              CandidateforLE commented
              Editing a comment
              Titus i took the hand-grip test already. Just wanted to know what is considering pass/fail. They did 1 practice trial and 3 tries on dominate hand to gauge the best of out the 3. online i research that 47+ is considered passing. the instructors didnt say what a passing score would be. after the test, they took us inside a room for basic background info/phs. so i thought we all passed, but she said wait for a email to confirm that you pass/fail.

• What questions did oral board ask? I'm due in a week

Comment

• That's a compromise of procedure... Be prepared for scenario-based questions and standard interview questions
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I just did my oral for sf. Do they tell you if you pass up front?

Comment

• motorcycleguy
                  motorcycleguy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you'll receive an email stating if you passed or failed and inviting you to take the physical, if you haven't done so already already

• ACML
                  ACML commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was supposed to do mine yesterday also but had to re schedule. How was it ?

• Well, was one of the fastest interview I ever had with PD. Wish the process was fast too, but may take over a year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7734 users online. 330 members and 7404 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X