Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HopefullySFPD If I remember right it will be a year in May. There was a long period of hearing nothing and long gaps between appointments until recently. things really started moving forward once background process began.

Comment

• JDR13 sheesh that's a long time

Comment

• I give you guys props for waiting. I ended up moving to LA and joining LAPD, just saying but they have an academy every month and it's only 24 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MKAT44 View Post
          I give you guys props for waiting. I ended up moving to LA and joining LAPD, just saying but they have an academy every month and it's only 24 weeks.
          How long was their hiring process and where in the LA area did you move to? How's the rent?

Comment

• Originally posted by MKAT44 View Post
            I give you guys props for waiting. I ended up moving to LA and joining LAPD, just saying but they have an academy every month and it's only 24 weeks.
            good choice, LAPD expedited process is extremely fast. They hired me in 3.5 months, and I'm graduating next week. We do have an academy every month, and there are some months where we will have 2 academy class in a month. And yes, our academy is only 24 weeks instead of 34 weeks, and you will be sworn in as peace officer, given your badge, and police ID a month before you graduate.

Comment

• Greetings from Chicago! I've recently been looking to apply to somewhere with a bit better weather in case my process with a couple Chicago area PD's fall through, and this would probably be my first choice if it were to happen.

Couple questions I hope some people can answer! I looked through this thread a bit, and I see some people are in various steps in the process and the hiring process seems continuous. Are they always accepting applications and hiring? Chicago always has dedicated tests every now and then and exhausts the lists from those before doing a new test, thats why I ask.

Other question is about the NTN exam. Many people seem to get tripped up on the video section. What is it about it that seems to be difficult?

Thank you guys!

Comment

• Just completed the group psych exam this weekend. ha s anybody got the call yet for June academy?

Comment

• MONE.
                  MONE. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey how's it going! I believe we're both on the same boat.. I got a call the other day that BI/Sgt. will be presenting me in the hiring board. I'm patiently waiting for the call to be in the next academy in June.. Have you heard anything yet?

• Hello, new to the forum;

i just got my test scores back,

reading 96.67%
                writing: 80.00%
                video: 66.87%

is this considered passing ?

Sorry, there are so many pages to comb through and since I'm on my phone, it's difficult to see if this has been answered.

Comment

• StrongAsAOx
                  StrongAsAOx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, passing for the video is 65 or higher, and I think the other two are pass/fail 70 or higher.

• Oh god so I just barely passed.

Comment

• CandidateforLE
                  CandidateforLE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Barely passing is better than not passing at all. You rather wait another 3 months to retake and pay 100 bucks? i think not, congratz. Now your on to your oral interview.

• Oh I know you're right of course. Just stating the obvious. I need to take my physical first before an oral interview I think

Comment

• Does anybody have any notes on what to expect for the oral interview? I just got approved for a Skype interview next month.

Comment

• Just got my NTN results Monday and I passed, how long before SFPD responds for next step?

Comment

• It took them a week to respond to me.

I honestly thought I'd have to take the physical exam before the oral exam though

Comment

• jld557
                        jld557 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's because at one point, it was like that, but a lot of people were flunking out of the orals, so it made more sense to wash more people out that way first then have to test less people for the physicals

• StrongAsAOx
                        StrongAsAOx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The oral is really easy. They gave us all of the questions like ten minutes before we actually sat in with our interview board, and the board was just two people in a little room. One officer, and one civilian I think. Mine was done in like 4 minutes, and I passed.

• jld557
                        jld557 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        StrongAsAOx I thought it was easy too, but for some people who are used to taking Orals, I could see how the brevity of it could throw you for a loop. Most orals from other departments tend to be considerably longer.

• Is there any advice you have on what to expect for the oral? How to dress, some sample questions;

Comment

• Has anyone heard from their BI after the reference letters gone out? still have a lot to do and was aiming for the June academy. at this rate i don't think its likely
                        Last edited by motorcycleguy; 05-26-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• StrongAsAOx
                          StrongAsAOx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you haven't signed the Conditional Offer paperwork, and gotten scheduled for polygraph and all that stuff, I'm pretty sure June is out of the question.

• motorcycleguy
                          motorcycleguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i signed a conditional offer but have yet to hear back from my BI regarding the poly, medical, and psych exams

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9281 users online. 390 members and 8891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X