300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LateRookie View Post

I'm ranked 8. The final calls will start 03-20 which is two weeks before the start on the next academy.
    Oh i actually meant first call from a BI. I have yet to hear from a BI & im ranked 10. Hoping to hear from a BI soon.
    Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 02-24-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK23 View Post
      Where does it say what ranking you are?
      It should be on the email which tells you that you have been placed on the list.

Comment

I'm ranked 8. The final calls will start 03-20 which is two weeks before the start on the next academy.
        I'm in group ranking #6, and no calls yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK23 View Post
          Where does it say what ranking you are?
          check here : http://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files...60667_tues.pdf

I don't believe the ranking means much after you start the backgrounds. It's how you interview with the BI and how good of a candidate you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Oh i actually meant first call from a BI. I have yet to hear from a BI & im ranked 10. Hoping to hear from a BI soon.
            I got my first call from my BI on 01-30

Comment

check here : http://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files...60667_tues.pdf

I don't believe the ranking means much after you start the backgrounds. It's how you interview with the BI and how good of a candidate you are.
              Correct, ranking just means the order you are assigned a BI. Sooner the better of course.

Comment

I got my first call from my BI on 01-30
                Cool, at this point i doubt I'll hear from a BI in time to get me through the process for April. Hopefully I'll be in June academy then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Cool, at this point i doubt I'll hear from a BI in time to get me through the process for April. Hopefully I'll be in June academy then.
                  I was rank 8. Got my call from my BI in mid January, met him on 1/30. Right now I have the poly done and have my medical this Monday. I'll also be at the group psych on 3/11. It will be close but I should have everything wrapped up in time for April. Granted your background is pretty clean the process can be fairly quick. I don't think there is any tangible evidence that suggests a higher rank means you will be contacted quicker. From what it seems its completely random. A lot of these BIs are part time too so I imagine they can take on only so many candidates at one time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

I was rank 8. Got my call from my BI in mid January, met him on 1/30. Right now I have the poly done and have my medical this Monday. I'll also be at the group psych on 3/11. It will be close but I should have everything wrapped up in time for April. Granted your background is pretty clean the process can be fairly quick. I don't think there is any tangible evidence that suggests a higher rank means you will be contacted quicker. From what it seems its completely random. A lot of these BIs are part time too so I imagine they can take on only so many candidates at one time.
                    That's the only reason i think of for the ranks, specially because we had to put them on the PHS envelopes. Also, i know people ranked from 1-5 were contacted almost immediately after the list was issued.

Considering your time-line i think you should be all good for April.

Comment

• I will be attending on march 11 to the group psych. My buddy just finished his entire process he gets to know by wens. What happens next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgonzalez94 View Post
                        I will be attending on march 11 to the group psych. My buddy just finished his entire process he gets to know by wens. What happens next.
                        After the group psych written test, we schedule a one-on-one before we leave. After the one-in-one, our names go into a group I'm told of 150 people and the hiring board makes there decision which 50 go to the academy.
                        Last edited by LateRookie; 02-25-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• LateRookie If you don't mind me asking, did your BI give you the info on the 150 people and when calls go out?

Comment

• Originally posted by jld557 View Post
                            LateRookie If you don't mind me asking, did your BI give you the info on the 150 people and when calls go out?
                            My BI didn't state who the 150 are but that's the pool that they pick from. As people get accepted, others are added. Calls will start 3-20 but may extend to 3-21.

Comment

My BI didn't state who the 150 are but that's the pool that they pick from. As people get accepted, others are added. Calls will start 3-20 but may extend to 3-21.
                              Sorry, I phrased that poorly, I didn't mean info on the 150 people but just the number and date in general. Was wondering because my BI is mostly quiet on those things. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Any idea of someone is in the pool of 150 & is not picked then what happens? Do your efforts go to waste or are you kept in the pool for the future?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8156 users online. 443 members and 7713 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X