300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopefullySFPD View Post
    Do we have to fill out the PHQ on the NTN website ?
    PHQ comes much later, once you a placed on a list and the list is made eligible for hiring process, the department send you instructions on PHQ which is done through an outside vendor called Johnson Roberts. Realistically you are probably looking at few months before this happens as the E130 is currently in hiring process.

Comment

• SFPDhopeful ok thanks

Comment

• @mac094 how did everything go with the offer signing? When did they schedule the rest of the process for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post
          @mac094 how did everything go with the offer signing? When did they schedule the rest of the process for you?
          Everything went very well thank you. They give you dates for the poly and medical that you can sign up for, I chose the earliest dates for both. I take my poly this Tuesday (2/21) and my medical the following Tuesday (2/28). The psych is done in a group so you can only go they day they have it scheduled which is March 11th. Immediately after the group psych they schedule your one on one with the psychologist for a later date. Having the group psych set for March 11th leads me to believe the academy should, in theory, start relatively soon after since that is the only day you can go. If I had to guess I'd say either a late March or early April start. My BI said he would do my home visit in the next week or two. Getting all your reference letters back quick is the key. You also have to go get a urine analysis after you schedule your psych and stuff. Have you had any contact with backgrounds? I'm trying to figure out where I am in relation to everyone else. I have to say everything is going much faster than I expected. I had my first meeting with my BI on January 30th. So if all goes well i should be all wrapped up by March.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

Everything went very well thank you. They give you dates for the poly and medical that you can sign up for, I chose the earliest dates for both. I take my poly this Tuesday (2/21) and my medical the following Tuesday (2/28). The psych is done in a group so you can only go they day they have it scheduled which is March 11th. Immediately after the group psych they schedule your one on one with the psychologist for a later date. Having the group psych set for March 11th leads me to believe the academy should, in theory, start relatively soon after since that is the only day you can go. If I had to guess I'd say either a late March or early April start. My BI said he would do my home visit in the next week or two. Getting all your reference letters back quick is the key. You also have to go get a urine analysis after you schedule your psych and stuff. Have you had any contact with backgrounds? I'm trying to figure out where I am in relation to everyone else. I have to say everything is going much faster than I expected. I had my first meeting with my BI on January 30th. So if all goes well i should be all wrapped up by March.
            That's great to hear, there has been no movement on my end but as soon as there is i will post. Good luck on the poly & psych, would love to hear more about it as you get through.
            Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 02-19-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Had my home visit done yesterday and my polygraph done today. Everything went well. Next up is the medical. Anyone else at this step in the process?

Comment

Had my home visit done yesterday and my polygraph done today. Everything went well. Next up is the medical. Anyone else at this step in the process?
                Yes, I am just ahead of you, I have everything done but the poly. Did they tell you anything when you finished the Poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfpd2016 View Post

Yes, I am just ahead of you, I have everything done but the poly. Did they tell you anything when you finished the Poly?
                  He just told me a got a good grade. So I suppose yes. It doesn't take very long. They ask you maybe 15-20 questions when you're actually being monitored. Did you already do your group psych and 1 on 1 with a psychologist?

Comment

Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 02-22-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

I'm ranked 12 so it doesn't seem like that, they said I would receive my status in the mail, doesn't sound like their assigning me a BI. Hopefully it works out, either way, I hope it runs smooth for you
                      Hey, did you hear anything yet?

Comment

He just told me a got a good grade. So I suppose yes. It doesn't take very long. They ask you maybe 15-20 questions when you're actually being monitored. Did you already do your group psych and 1 on 1 with a psychologist?
                        Yes, I did the group psych and 1 on 1, as well as medical. The group takes about 1/2 of a day, and the one on one is maybe 40 minutes. Medical was fairly straight forward, height/weight, blood draw, and a review of your medical questionnaire. Good luck!

Comment

• Late to the conversation but I wanted to chime in.

The next academy will start the first week of April and another will start sometime in June.

I will be attending the group psych on 03-11

Comment

• Anyone ranked 8 or so on the list get a call yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post
                              Anyone ranked 8 or so on the list get a call yet?
                              I'm ranked 8. The final calls will start 03-20 which is two weeks before the start on the next academy.

Comment

• Where does it say what ranking you are?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8502 users online. 383 members and 8119 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X