Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6253 That's somewhat ironic that your history as a LEO is slowing your process up, but good news to hear nonetheless. Good luck with your process, hopefully will see all you guys in the academy soon, anyone hear anything about when calls are supposed to go out or a possible start date for March/April?

Edited for grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
      I met with my BI this morning for the first time, and I feel like I've never talked about myself so much in my life. Whew!

Someone from the Background Unit is going to have to fly to my previous law enforcement agency, get copies of my entire employment record, and return to SF with them before my process can be completed, so I'll have a delay in my process that most of you won't as they go through the heap of paperwork that 15 years in a major police department causes. *hah*

Even in a best-case scenario, it looks like an April start date would be out for me because of this, but I'm hopefully on track for June's academy.

Again, this is all dependent on every step leading to the next, and so on.

My reference surveys will go out sometime early next week, and they should have them soon afterward, if you're keeping track for your own timelines.

Continued good luck to everyone, no matter where you are in the pipeline right now!
      6253 I'm sorry to hear this is slowing you down. If I'm not mistaken you should be able to request those records from your previous employer & keep them with you for future reference. My brother is in the NYPD & he told me he has the ability to get his employment records & bring to a new potential employer. In any case good luck & do keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by jld557 View Post
        6253 That's somewhat ironic that your history as a LEO is slowing your process up, but good news to hear nonetheless. Good luck with your process, hopefully will see all you guys in the academy soon, anyone hear anything about when calls are supposed to go out or a possible start date for March/April?

Edited for grammar
        Yeah, but if I'm celebrating being in SFPD five years from now, I won't care that I started in June instead of April, so I don't mind. I'm glad they're doing their best to get all of my information together--it shows a real dedication to being sure that all the candidates are who they say they are. I'm going to count that as a plus and take the delay of game penalty in stride and keep my fingers crossed for June.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how SFPD grades the testing? I'm getting different information from different officers. I just got my test results I scored a
          93% reading
          93% writing
          45.55% video
          Im waiting on my email to let me know if I pass or not, it says it's up to my department to determine, but I was told they combine all three scores together and make it one percentage , then I was told I have to score a 65.00 on the video , help me figure this out please because I don't know how long until I hear back from SFPD and I'm freakin out lol

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefullySFPD View Post
            Can anyone tell me how SFPD grades the testing? I'm getting different information from different officers. I just got my test results I scored a
            93% reading
            93% writing
            45.55% video
            Im waiting on my email to let me know if I pass or not, it says it's up to my department to determine, but I was told they combine all three scores together and make it one percentage , then I was told I have to score a 65.00 on the video , help me figure this out please because I don't know how long until I hear back from SFPD and I'm freakin out lol
            I am pretty sure the accumulated score with your numbers will not be considered passing for SFPD, you would have to wait 6 months and retake the NTN exam.
            Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 02-12-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• SFPDhopeful well, I will just have to take it again I I get the bad news. What was your NTN scores if you don't mind me asking ?

Comment

• I believe mine was 93, 100 & 62 on video. & i was ranked one of the lowest on the list.

Comment

• SFPDhopeful oh ok yea you had pretty good scores, how long does it take them to email back to let us know if we passed or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefullySFPD View Post
                    SFPDhopeful oh ok yea you had pretty good scores, how long does it take them to email back to let us know if we passed or not?
                    My scores were not that great either, I am ranked 10. I believe it takes about 2 weeks.

Comment

• Go tomorrow (2/15) to sign my conditional offer of employment as well as schedule my poly/psych/med. Will also be taking a urine analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post
                        Go tomorrow (2/15) to sign my conditional offer of employment as well as schedule my poly/psych/med. Will also be taking a urine analysis.
                        Congratulations, im excited for you. Keep us posted on poly/psych/med process as well.

Comment

• Anyone know the date of next academy?

Comment

Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 02-14-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post
                              Responses from previous users would suggest its either sometime in March or April. It seems unclear which though. I'll try and get a definitive answer for you.

Comment

• Do we have to fill out the PHQ on the NTN website ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6770 users online. 290 members and 6480 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X