Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My references have started receiving and mailing back their letters. Nicacop don't know the start date but an applicant I was waiting with on Monday said there is also one scheduled for June. Don't know the validity to that but sounds about on par with how SF spaces out their academies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
      Did anyone ask their BI's for a possible starting date on the March academy?
      The information got strongly suggested that this "March" academy is really an "early April" academy, barring the possibility of back-to-back academies only a month apart, which seems unlikely from what we've put together here on the board.

So consider that March may have become April, if that helps anyone's hopeful timeline...!

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post
        My references have started receiving and mailing back their letters. Nicacop don't know the start date but an applicant I was waiting with on Monday said there is also one scheduled for June. Don't know the validity to that but sounds about on par with how SF spaces out their academies.
        Are those letters snail mail or electronic surveys, MACO? My references are on alert and are asking what to look out for.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post

Are those letters snail mail or electronic surveys, MACO? My references are on alert and are asking what to look out for.
          Snail mail. He sent them out on Tuesday (1/31) and it seems most if not all have received them today (2/2) mind you all are in the Bay Area so I can't speculate a time frame for out of state references. It's a very short questionnaire, maybe only 10-15 questions.

6253 How did they insinuate a possible April start?
          Last edited by MACO94; 02-03-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Snail mail. He sent them out on Tuesday (1/31) and it seems most if not all have received them today (2/2) mind you all are in the Bay Area so I can't speculate a time frame for out of state references. It's a very short questionnaire, maybe only 10-15 questions.

6253 How did they insinuate a possible April start?
            My source mentioned the upcoming academy casually, initially said March, then quickly shrugged and corrected to "early April". I can't vouch for the information because I'm so far outside the loop, but thought I'd add it as helpful (?) intel for this group.

Comment

• Even if the March academy is moved to April they still might have another in June, if anything they might move it to July.

April gives more of us a chance to get through the process, I asked the guy helping me & according to him chances of making to next academy are slim because it's right around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post
                Even if the March academy is moved to April they still might have another in June, if anything they might move it to July.

April gives more of us a chance to get through the process, I asked the guy helping me & according to him chances of making to next academy are slim because it's right around the corner.
                I wouldn't put the March/April academy completely out of the question. My BI said that once he has around 3/4 of my reference letters back he feels comfortable moving to the next step (poly,psych,med). And I have heard from multiple people that all three of these steps can be scheduled within the same week or two. April would be nice because it would give us all a little more time to finish things. I know SF's fiscal calendar is from July to July so an academy being put on then would be logical. Has anyone else's references started receiving their letters?

Comment

I wouldn't put the March/April academy completely out of the question. My BI said that once he has around 3/4 of my reference letters back he feels comfortable moving to the next step (poly,psych,med). And I have heard from multiple people that all three of these steps can be scheduled within the same week or two. April would be nice because it would give us all a little more time to finish things. I know SF's fiscal calendar is from July to July so an academy being put on then would be logical. Has anyone else's references started receiving their letters?
                  I agree, & i think it all comes down to how quickly the investigator wants to get you through the proces.

Comment

I have my BI meeting this Thursday, and then the rest of the process follows form there, I guess. Just rolling on to each step as effectively and quickly as I can!

Comment

I have my BI meeting this Thursday, and then the rest of the process follows form there, I guess. Just rolling on to each step as effectively and quickly as I can!
                      Did you get to meet your BI at the general meeting? Was he/she there?

Comment

Did you get to meet your BI at the general meeting? Was he/she there?
                        No, he called two days before the general meeting and said to go ahead and attend to get the hair sample and paperwork started. He's on vacation until our meeting, so I think he was just thinking ahead so that something constructive would occur between now and our first face-to-face meeting.

Comment

No, he called two days before the general meeting and said to go ahead and attend to get the hair sample and paperwork started. He's on vacation until our meeting, so I think he was just thinking ahead so that something constructive would occur between now and our first face-to-face meeting.
                          Got it, since BIs were present i thought you might have had a chance to meet there. It's smart that he got your process started during his vacation.

Comment

• Anyone else hear from a BI yet?

Comment

Anyone else hear from a BI yet?
                              Mine is on vacation, so it's possible he's got more in his pile of applicants that he will get to when he gets back on Wednesday.

Comment

• I met with my BI this morning for the first time, and I feel like I've never talked about myself so much in my life. Whew!

Someone from the Background Unit is going to have to fly to my previous law enforcement agency, get copies of my entire employment record, and return to SF with them before my process can be completed, so I'll have a delay in my process that most of you won't as they go through the heap of paperwork that 15 years in a major police department causes. *hah*

Even in a best-case scenario, it looks like an April start date would be out for me because of this, but I'm hopefully on track for June's academy.

Again, this is all dependent on every step leading to the next, and so on.

My reference surveys will go out sometime early next week, and they should have them soon afterward, if you're keeping track for your own timelines.

Continued good luck to everyone, no matter where you are in the pipeline right now!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6244 users online. 237 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X