300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

The main purpose is probably just to get everyone's hair sample and finger prints as this will screen out people who are not eligible thus saving the BG department time and resources. Heard through the grapevine that there is a June academy as well. Definitely can't hurt to bring it.
    Pure conjecture on my part, but if they're nearly full for March and are slow-cooking my application group for June, I'd be completely fine with it. I went into my first police academy in June of 1995, so there'd be a kind of synchronicity to that...

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post

Pure conjecture on my part, but if they're nearly full for March and are slow-cooking my application group for June, I'd be completely fine with that. I went into my first police academy in June of 1995, so there'd be a kind of synchronicity to that...
      Im unaware of the status for March. In any case I'm going to try to at least be cleared by March in the off chance there are spots available. If you are prior LE wouldn't a lateral academy be more convenient for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

Im unaware of the status for March. In any case I'm going to try to at least be cleared by March in the off chance there are spots available. If you are prior LE wouldn't a lateral academy be more convenient for you?
        I've been out too long. Though I was a lieutenant in Houston, it's hard for a new department to care after six years doing something else. The interviewers at my oral interview tried the same thing--they went directly over to the lateral academy representative when we got to my past work experience, but I think the final answer was that six years was just too darned long out of the game. I totally understand, and unlike a lot of officers, I loved the academy experience, so having it all over again isn't a bad thing for me.

Any path that ends with my putting on an SFPD uniform every day and back into a car serving San Francisco--that's a good outcome no matter how I get there.

Comment

I've been out too long. Though I was a lieutenant in Houston, it's hard for a new department to care after six years doing something else. The interviewers at my oral interview tried the same thing--they went directly over to the lateral academy representative when we got to my past work experience, but I think the final answer was that six years was just too darned long out of the game. I totally understand, and unlike a lot of officers, I loved the academy experience, so having it all over again isn't a bad thing for me.

Any path that gets me to putting on an SFPD uniform every day and back into a car serving San Francisco--that's a good outcome no matter how I get there.
          I can respect that. Retrospectively the people that use this forum and engage other applicants seem to have great success in terms of academy selection. Hopefully everyone here has the opportunity to make either March or June as everyone seems very committed and has their head in the right place.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, the e-mail said only ID and the e-mail invite, so I suppose I'm pretty far down the list or they'd want some of those other things as well.

MACO, I'll bring everything you listed juuuuuust in case. No reason for *me* to be the reason behind any delays in case I get moved up during the meeting.

I do appreciate it!
            6253 I'm scheduled for same date & time as you. Hope to run into you there.
            Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 01-31-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Though I'm still attending the group background meeting tomorrow morning, I just got the call from my newly-assigned Background Investigator, so it looks like I'm officially in the pipeline now.

I got the list of documents I'll need to bring, etc.--and I'll be in his office on Thursday 2/9 for a few hours.

Feels good to have someone reading my packet and getting that call. Onward!

Comment

Though I'm still attending the group background meeting tomorrow morning, I just got the call from my newly-assigned Background Investigator, so it looks like I'm officially in the pipeline now.

I got the list of documents I'll need to bring, etc.--and I'll be in his office on Thursday 2/9 for a few hours.

Feels good to have someone reading my packet and getting that call. Onward!
                Congratulations, im excited for you. They told you to still attend the meeting? What was your rank on the list by the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Congratulations, im excited for you. They told you to still attend the meeting? What was your rank on the list by the way?
                  Yep, I'm still supposed to attend the meeting tomorrow as normal. I was #4 on the list.

Comment

Yep, I'm still supposed to attend the meeting tomorrow as normal. I was #4 on the list.
                    Gotcha, i was further down the list. Guess i have sometime before i get a BI assigned.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Gotcha, i was further down the list. Guess i have sometime before i get a BI assigned.
                      I wish I had some insight for you--I'm just taking each wave as it comes! See you tomorrow!

Comment

• So how did it go for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post
                          So how did it go for everyone?
                          Better than I could have expected. I certainly hope the remainder of the process is as positive as this one was.

Comment

• I think it went well, hopefully we will hear back soon.

Comment

• Great. Happy to hear that!

Comment

• Did anyone ask their BI's for a possible starting date on the March academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11454 users online. 466 members and 10988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X