Forum Member
    • Jan 2012

I got a call for the 14 also...going to be there at 7am, bright and early

Comment

• hopeful
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2002

Originally posted by BP916
      I had my triage May 15 but never heard anything back. Anyone think I should give them a call?
      I'm in the same boat, but since April. The list doesn't expire until October, but still. I was under the impression they didn't want any calls because they didn't want to field status updates for 2,000+ applicants. If you did try calling, let me know how it went.

Comment

• dkelly
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2012

additional info

Emails are going to be sent out from now on is what I heard. So check your email in-boxes and make sure you don't block the City & County.
        Projected classes- Oct 1, then Feb.
        Last edited by dkelly; 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• BP916
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2011

hopeful, I didn't call yet. I want to give them as much time as possible. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one. It is pretty discouraging, however, to read that some people are moving through the process still.

dkelly, where did you get that information?

Comment

• ifaynshteyn
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2012

RP,academy dates are from BI's mOuth,not so sure about email...iv done everything by phone since my poly

Comment

• mindtrap
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2012

I passed the polygraph today. *phew* The entire visit lasted about 2.25 hours for me. Prior to the exam, a lot of questions were asked of my background. The actual exam itself went by really quickly, to my surprise. I had never gone through this before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the polygrapher made me feel at ease by explaining the whole process patiently and courteously.

Free parking was available at the site. You are expected to arrive there 15-20 minutes prior to the appointment time.

I'm awaiting my BI to schedule my psychological exam now. Could someone please shed some light on what that exam would entail? How does the doctor test us?

@mero64: Congrats on the call!

Comment

• dkelly
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2012

I intern at the Hall.

Comment

• vauxhaul
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2008

Psych test

Mindtrap: Congrats on the polygraph!

I took the psych in the middle of last month. The psych is a long test, plan on being there for about 6 or 7 hours. I was there for a little over 6 hours. There were roughly 800 questions to answer on scantrons and some handwritten also. When you have completed the question and answer portion, you will have a break for lunch and then meet with the doctor. My break was only about 20 minutes as I was the second or third one finished and the person before me had just gone in to see the doctor. Others were told that they could leave and return in an hour or longer because people were ahead of them in line for the psych interview. My meeting with the doctor lasted about 15-20 minutes. I suppose it could be shorter or longer based on what your results revealed.

Comment

• ifaynshteyn
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dkelly
                    I intern at the Hall.
                    Hey!!That makes two of us!!

Comment

• mindtrap
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2012

@vauxhaul: Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the psych exam! I didn't know it was going to be that long! I will definitely try getting some good rest the night before. Have you heard of anyone getting a call for the Hiring Meeting after passing all the required exams?

Comment

• mindtrap
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2012

Got a call earlier about my psych and medical. Psych will be on 8/25 very early in the morning at the Academy. Medical will be on 9/4 at SF General.

Comment

• lovely-mz-lopez
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2012

Your Psych will be at the Academy??? How did you luck up with that location??

Comment

• lovely-mz-lopez
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by hopeful
                            I'm in the same boat, but since April. The list doesn't expire until October, but still. I was under the impression they didn't want any calls because they didn't want to field status updates for 2,000+ applicants. If you did try calling, let me know how it went.
                            Hello-
                            Are you on the E128-04 list or the E128 01/02?

Comment

• mindtrap
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2012

@lovely-mz-lopez: Hi! I was told to report to the Academy for the psych. The interview with the doctor would follow a week or so later. Where are you having yours?

Anyone else doing their psych at the Academy?

Comment

• dkelly
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mindtrap
                                @lovely-mz-lopez: Hi! I was told to report to the Academy for the psych. The interview with the doctor would follow a week or so later. Where are you having yours?

Anyone else doing their psych at the Academy?
                                Hi there,
                                I'm going to a place in Palo Alto for the psych, but my medical was at SFGH.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12159 users online. 68 members and 12091 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...