300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Thanks for the feedback, have you made it to the academy already?
    No, I was presented to the board in September and didn't make it to the Nov. academy, I'm hoping for the March academy now.

To give you some reference on my process; I applied in January 2016, my background was completed in September of the same year and I was in group ranking #6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post

No, I was presented to the board in September and didn't make it to the Nov. academy, I'm hoping for the March academy now.

To give you some reference on my process; I applied in January 2016, my background was completed in September of the same year and I was in group ranking #6.
      Oh ok, I am confident you'll be in March. I am hoping the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

Dont think I will be making it to the march academy, got an email stating my meeting was canceled and my status will be mailed to me
        I just saw this, and though I don't know you, I feel for you and hope for the best.

Be sure to let us know what the new status is if you can. Whew.
        Last edited by 6253; 01-28-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Met with BI 1/13, references still haven't been contacted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post
            Met with BI 1/13, references still haven't been contacted.
            This is just my opinion, but i don't think they contact every single applicants all reference. Please do keep us posted as anything new happens though.

Comment

What date did you submit your PHS?
              Last edited by SFPDhopeful; 01-30-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

When was it that you submitted your PHS?
                1/7/17. I met with my BI the following week.

Comment

1/7/17. I met with my BI the following week.
                  I send in mine on the 7th aswell, haven't heard from a BI yet, going to general meeting on the 1st.

Did the BI take your hair sample & all?

Comment

I send in mine on the 7th aswell, haven't heard from a BI yet, going to general meeting on the 1st.

Did the BI take your hair sample & all?
                    Yes.

Comment

• Anyone mind walking me through what to expect on my Wednesday "Background General Meeting"? It looks like the attendance times are staggered, so I'm guessing I won't be in the same room with all 700 of the other people who got the same e-mail I did.

Other than bringing my ID and the e-mail printout, anything I should know?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
                        Anyone mind walking me through what to expect on my Wednesday "Background General Meeting"? It looks like the attendance times are staggered, so I'm guessing I won't be in the same room with all 700 of the other people who got the same e-mail I did.

Thanks!
                        Im going to take the originals of all documents i sent with my PHS packet just in case they want to see anything. Other than that i would appreciate any advise as well.

Comment

I sent my packet in on 1/4 and heard from my BI after you. Met with him today (1/30) and he said he was mailing out all my letters to my references tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone mind walking me through what to expect on my Wednesday "Background General Meeting"? It looks like the attendance times are staggered, so I'm guessing I won't be in the same room with all 700 of the other people who got the same e-mail I did.

Thanks!
                            I met with a BI directly but I presume you will all be doing the same thing I did. First and foremost dress appropriately, suit and tie, goes without saying at this point. You will fill out some more paperwork that contains questions you have probably already answered previously either on the PHQ or in the PHS, BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR ANSWERS. I have one tattoo so he had me bring a colored picture of it. If you have any firearms write down the make, model, caliber, and serial number. To be safe, and I think everyone who met with a BI brought different things per their request, bring your ORIGINAL birth certificate, drivers license, social security card, and any vehicle registration forms. More likely than not you will bring these things when you meet directly with your BI, this is just what I had to bring and if the email you received says differently than go by that. You will likely get a hair sample taken there as well as a live scan at 850 Bryant. I always like to bring a pen and something to write on (personal preference but it comes in handy).
                            Last edited by MACO94; 01-30-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

I met with a BI directly but I presume you will all be doing the same thing I did. First and foremost dress appropriately, suit and tie, goes without saying at this point. You will fill out some more paperwork that contains questions you have probably already answered previously either on the PHQ or in the PHS, BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR ANSWERS. I have one tattoo so he had me bring a colored picture of it. If you have any firearms write down the make, model, caliber, and serial number. To be safe, and I think everyone who met with a BI brought different things per their request, bring your ORIGINAL birth certificate, drivers license, social security card, and any vehicle registration forms. More likely than not you will bring these things when you meet directly with your BI, this is just what I had to bring and if the email you received says differently than go by that. You will likely get a hair sample taken there as well as a live scan at 850 Bryant. I always like to bring a pen and something to write on (personal preference but it comes in handy).
                              Thanks. Yeah, the e-mail said only ID and the e-mail invite, so I suppose I'm pretty far down the list or they'd want some of those other things as well.

MACO, I'll bring everything you listed juuuuuust in case. No reason for *me* to be the reason behind any delays in case I get moved up during the meeting.

I do appreciate it!
                              Last edited by 6253; 01-30-2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, the e-mail said only ID and the e-mail invite, so I suppose I'm pretty far down the list or they'd want some of those other things as well.

I do appreciate it!
                                The main purpose is probably just to get everyone's hair sample and finger prints as this will screen out people who are not eligible thus saving the BG department time and resources. Heard through the grapevine that there is a June academy as well. Definitely can't hurt to bring it.
                                Last edited by MACO94; 01-30-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9660 users online. 476 members and 9184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X