300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post

Didn't Trump say he was going to increase funding for police though?
    Yea but new police hires are funded by federal funds

Comment

• Originally posted by SFPDhopeful View Post

Well it doesnt seem to be a 100% yet, so let's hope for the best.
      I know, your right, it isn't written in stone yet and nothing's been cut but sounds like they have a good back up plan just in case so hopefully it doesn't interfere
      Last edited by cali94; 01-26-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post

Didn't Trump say he was going to increase funding for police though?
        Looks good for SFPD regardless of how that goes, just seen this, was posted today

"Trump, having run on a hard core law-and-order, stop-and-frisk, civil-rights-are-for-wusses campaign, was not interested in angering these guys. So his executive order today explicitly exempts grants "deemed necessary for law enforcement purposes."

Comment

Well it doesnt seem to be a 100% yet, so let's hope for the best.
          This was posted today, so whether he pulls federal funding or not it definitely shouldn't effrct the hiring process, it has no reason to anymore

"Trump, having run on a hard core law-and-order, stop-and-frisk, civil-rights-are-for-wusses campaign, was not interested in angering these guys. So his executive order today explicitly exempts grants "deemed necessary for law enforcement purposes."

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

This was posted today, so whether he pulls federal funding or not it definitely shouldn't effrct the hiring process, it has no reason to anymore

That sounds great.

Comment

• Well look there--got my callback for a background meeting.

Okay, on to the next steps...!

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
                Well look there--got my callback for a background meeting.

Of course you did, you have great experience

Comment

Of course you did, you have great experience
                  I think it's one of those big cattle call meets, so not sure if that matters--but that's all details. I'm moving forward, and that's what's important. Thanks!

Comment

Well look there--got my callback for a background meeting.

Congratulations, what was your rank #?

Comment

Congratulations, what was your rank #?
                      I'm #4.

Or I guess, more accurately, I was #4 when the packets were submitted. Honestly I have zero pride about the final numbers, so long as I'm in a cadet uniform on day one of an SFPD academy this year.
                      Last edited by 6253; 01-26-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I'm #4.

Or I guess, more accurately, I was #4 when the packets were submitted. Honestly I have zero pride about the final numbers, so long as I'm in a cadet uniform on day one of an SFPD academy this year.
                        Agreed, wonder how long it will take them to get to my rank.

Comment

• Does anyone know date of next academy after March?

Comment

I think it's one of those big cattle call meets, so not sure if that matters--but that's all details. I'm moving forward, and that's what's important. Thanks!
                            I got an email to meet on the 1st I wonder why I didn't get a call, maybe different BIs do it differently, what day do you meet ?

Comment

I got an email to meet on the 1st I wonder why I didn't get a call, maybe different BIs do it differently, what day do you meet ?
                              I have the same on the 1st, i got a general email as well for this about a week ago. I think they only call if you are assigned a BI, but the general meeting you get an email like us common people. lol

Comment

I have the same on the 1st, i got a general email as well for this about a week ago. I think they only call if you are assigned a BI, but the general meeting you get an email like us common people. lol
                                Sounds about right, I'm just feeling a little left out that's all, lol, but yea after this meeting we get assigned our BI and hopefully get that conditional offer so we can move on to the final last tests, what time do you report?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10962 users online. 517 members and 10445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X