Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if your references are mailed a packet of questions? I had my meeting on 1/13 and I do not think any of my references have received anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post
      Does anyone know if your references are mailed a packet of questions? I had my meeting on 1/13 and I do not think any of my references have received anything yet.
      Yes they are mailed a questionnaire. I couldn't tell you the exact questions they are asked because I've never examined them myself. What I can confer is that the continuance and timely completion of your background investigation is contingent upon how quickly each reference can fill it out and mail it back. Personally I'm going to reach out to each of my references and give them a friendly reminder to please complete it and send it back asap. I think it would be in every candidates best interest to do the same. Just a suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

Yes they are mailed a questionnaire. I couldn't tell you the exact questions they are asked because I've never examined them myself. What I can confer is that the continuance and timely completion of your background investigation is contingent upon how quickly each reference can fill it out and mail it back. Personally I'm going to reach out to each of my references and give them a friendly reminder to please complete it and send it back asap. I think it would be in every candidates best interest to do the same. Just a suggestion.
        Yes, I definitely agree. I am just wondering how long after your interview should they expect to receive something. I know it obviously can vary just curious if anyone had any insight. Thanks and good luck.

Comment

Yes, I definitely agree. I am just wondering how long after your interview should they expect to receive something. I know it obviously can vary just curious if anyone had any insight. Thanks and good luck.
          I don't know how long it takes for them to mail them, I would imagine fairly soon. If anyone hears from their references that they received a questionnaire please let us know so we have a general idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

I don't know how long it takes for them to mail them, I would imagine fairly soon. If anyone hears from their references that they received a questionnaire please let us know so we have a general idea.

My reference just got the questionnaire, not sure what the questionnaire consists of, but he did receive the questionnaire a week after I met with my B.I.

Comment

• Just got an email to attend a general background meeting, has anyone on here done this already? If so, what should I expect? Hopefully I get assigned a BI

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post
                Just got an email to attend a general background meeting, has anyone on here done this already? If so, what should I expect? Hopefully I get assigned a BI
                Congrats!

Was this *instead* of getting a phone call to meet somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgonzalez94 View Post

My reference just got the questionnaire, not sure what the questionnaire consists of, but he did receive the questionnaire a week after I met with my B.I.
                  Wow that was quick. Now I'm wondering what the delay is...

Comment

I'm just hoping those of us who haven't heard yet are accidentally on the bottom of a big, big pile of manila envelopes. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post

Congrats!

Was this *instead* of getting a phone call to meet somewhere?
                      I have a friend that graduated the academy that got this, but yes, I sent my packet off on the actual due date (12th of January), so my packet must of got there with a lot of other people so instead of trying to do everyone one by one, I believe what happens is the ones continuing to backgrounds would either get assigned a BI and then do the hair sample etc, or you go with a group of people (triage) to do this, to screen out more people at a time then get your BI, check your email, if you dnt get a call you might get scheduled for triage before they assign you a BI, I hope I get everything done in time for the march academy,

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post

I'm just hoping those of us who haven't heard yet are accidentally on the bottom of a big, big pile of manila envelopes. ;-)
                        Yeah good luck. I've actually met with my BI. Now I'm waiting for my references to get contacted.

Comment

• I know the process changes from time to time, so I dnt want to fully depend on the knowledge of my friend that graduated the academy, had anyone went through this recently? I wonder if they assign you a BI there and what other things to expect

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

I have a friend that graduated the academy that got this, but yes, I sent my packet off on the actual due date (12th of January), so my packet must of got there with a lot of other people so instead of trying to do everyone one by one, I believe what happens is the ones continuing to backgrounds would either get assigned a BI and then do the hair sample etc, or you go with a group of people (triage) to do this, to screen out more people at a time then get your BI, check your email, if you dnt get a call you might get scheduled for triage before they assign you a BI, I hope I get everything done in time for the march academy,

I think you are correct! Very good info by the way!

Comment

Im assuming every process is different, I have a friend who just got set his dates for poly and so on & his reference haven't received anything so it all depends on who your working with and how fast you both can get through the background.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgonzalez94 View Post

Im assuming every process is different, I have a friend who just got set his dates for poly and so on & his reference haven't received anything so it all depends on who your working with and how fast you both can get through the background.
                                You just made my morning. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11273 users online. 471 members and 10802 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X