300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MACO94 View Post

To my understanding triage is a group session where multiple individuals go in and hair samples are taken ect. to screen out large groups of applicants. I only know of triage from what I have read on this forum. Typically it seems triage precedes your formal meeting with your BI. So since you are meeting with your BI next week it appears there will be no triage. Seems like a fairly quick response from your BI, I wonder if we will all hear back rather soon.
    Oh ok. Yeah, I got the call on Wednesday to come in Thursday, which I couldn't make. My BI said I would see recruits in the lobby so I believe triage may have been done on Thursday but I went on Friday, thus missing the herd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post

Oh ok. Yeah, I got the call on Wednesday to come in Thursday, which I couldn't make. My BI said I would see recruits in the lobby so I believe triage may have been done on Thursday but I went on Friday, thus missing the herd.
      It seems we are all in different triage groups then. So I'm guessing I should expect a call next week. What did you accomplish with your BI if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

It seems we are all in different triage groups then. So I'm guessing I should expect a call next week. What did you accomplish with your BI if you don't mind my asking?
        A chance to confirm everything in your questionnaires to make sure there would be no surprises. Reviews of all the paperwork... i.e. A chance to explain. Hair sample. Confirm your tattoos. N then took my fingerprints at 850. You have to get to 850 yourself.

Comment

A chance to confirm everything in your questionnaires to make sure there would be no surprises. Reviews of all the paperwork... i.e. A chance to explain. Hair sample. Confirm your tattoos. N then took my fingerprints at 850. You have to get to 850 yourself.
          Congrats again, did you have to bring any paper work along?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgonzalez94 View Post
            I have my meeting with my BI next Thursday! Good luck everyone!
            Congratulations, hope all goes well, you received a call too huh? If so was it an early call or in the afternoon?

Comment

Do you already know what needs to be done next, or are you waiting on further instruction?

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

Congrats again, did you have to bring any paper work along?
                Yes. I had to bring my original diplomas, domestic partnership paperwork, social, color pics of my tattoos, my gun information (make model serial number), vehicle insurance declaration, selective services paperwork, vehicle registration, birth certificate and any Leo training I had.
                The next step would be getting a call from my BI to come in for poly and what not. He said he wanted me to attend the March academy if everything checks out. Good luck to everyone out there.

Comment

Yes. I had to bring my original diplomas, domestic partnership paperwork, social, color pics of my tattoos, my gun information (make model serial number), vehicle insurance declaration, selective services paperwork, vehicle registration, birth certificate and any Leo training I had.
                  The next step would be getting a call from my BI to come in for poly and what not. He said he wanted me to attend the March academy if everything checks out. Good luck to everyone out there.
                  Wow that's awesome, I hope the same goes for me, hope all checks out

Comment

• Just heard from a recruit currently in the sfpd academy, that the March academy is now in limbo due to budget cuts, any truth to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                      Just heard from a recruit currently in the sfpd academy, that the March academy is now in limbo due to budget cuts, any truth to that?
                      My prior law enforcement experience has shown me that police department rumors are just as unreliable as high school rumors. I hope that's true here, as well--I've got my fingers crossed for March...!

Comment

• Well this is just perfect:

I looked at my USPS receipt for my background packet before putting it in my files at home today and just noticed that USPS sent it Priority Mail and not First Class only as requested by Background Division. Just sent an e-mail to my contact there to see if that has messed anything up.

I must have told the lady at the USPS desk four times that I wanted First Class only, no special treatment, no signatures, nothing.

All the time I took to make sure the interior of the packet and its contents were organized, correct and complete, and now this.

I sure do hope this hasn't really messed up the process for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
                          Well this is just perfect:

I looked at my USPS receipt for my background packet before putting it in my files at home today and just noticed that USPS sent it Priority Mail and not First Class only as requested by Background Division. Just sent an e-mail to my contact there to see if that has messed anything up.

I must have told the lady at the USPS desk four times that I wanted First Class only, no special treatment, no signatures, nothing.

All the time I took to make sure the interior of the packet and its contents were organized, correct and complete, and now this.

Don't worry it's chill.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
                            Well this is just perfect:

I just got the call from my BI yesterday and I mailed my packet First Class on January 4th. I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think calls go out in any particular order. It's just when the packet gets there and when the BI gets to it. Additionally I remember them saying at the PAT that a lot of the BIs are part time.

Comment

I just got the call from my BI yesterday and I mailed my packet First Class on January 4th. I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think calls go out in any particular order. It's just when the packet gets there and when the BI gets to it. Additionally I remember them saying at the PAT that a lot of the BIs are part time.
                              It seems that everyone is expecting a phone call because their packet was mailed. I copied from the background orientation website the following:

All Packets and PHS will be reviewed by the OIC and Case Assignment Officer Assignment Phase
                              After review; an assignment determination is made (if deemed assignable based on our criteria) – case is assigned to an Investigator
                              *Note—Not all cases are assigned Background Process

*Non Select — During this process a candidate may become “Non Select”. – This “Non Select” status is determined by the Background Investigator. (Poor credit, arrest history, poor work history issues, driving record, etc.). This is not a disqualification! – It means that you may have issues that may not make you a viable candidate at this time. – You may be considered to enter into our Background process at a later date. Background Process

*Pass Over — at any time in the process a candidate may be passed over. – This is based upon strict guidelines established by P.O.S.T and our agency, a “Pass Over” status is determined by the Lieutenant of Staff Services. (May be based upon one or more of the following: Poor Credit, Arrest History, Work History, Driving Record, etc.). This is not a disqualification! – If status changes after assigned; the candidate is verbally notified by their assigned Investigator and by mail. Background Proce

Comment

• Just got the meeting with my BI today. Everything went fairly well. Now just waiting for the next steps

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10462 users online. 446 members and 10016 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X