300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cornerb21 View Post

Like the poster above said big congrats! I was placed on the eligible list 11/18.
    Thanks for the responses.

thank you! Is a long process. Patience is key!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgonzalez94 View Post

thank you! Is a long process. Patience is key!
      Wow you went to backgrounds quick. So, after hearing from DHR you must have gotten an email from backgrounds about the next day (12/14) in order to have a week to get your stuff in? Merry Christmas to you!

Comment

Wow you went to backgrounds quick. So, after hearing from DHR you must have gotten an email from backgrounds about the next day (12/14) in order to have a week to get your stuff in? Merry Christmas to you!

yes, I got a notice from backgrounds almost 2 weeks after. But I been in the process since January 2016 So is a long wait! Well worth it! & Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

Comment

yes, I got a notice from backgrounds almost 2 weeks after. But I been in the process since January 2016 So is a long wait! Well worth it! & Merry Christmas to you as well!!!
          Wow that's great, when you say your were in the process since January, does that mean it took them a while to place you on the list after passing your written, oral and physical?...and do you have military experience at all if you dnt mind me asking?...I was notified that I was placed on the list about 2-3weeks after completing my physical, so I'm just curious how long it took them to let you know after you completed your physical, thanks so much for all the info
          Last edited by cali94; 12-27-2016, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali94 View Post

Wow that's great, when you say your were in the process since January, does that mean it took them a while to place you on the list after passing your written, oral and physical?...and do you have military experience at all if you dnt mind me asking?...I was notified that I was placed on the list about 2-3weeks after completing my physical, so I'm just curious how long it took them to let you know after you completed your physical, thanks so much for all the info

I actually applied back in December of 2015 took my NTN test during January. Got a noticed I passed around March. Then was placed on for the oral interview until July. Didn't get any notice of the PAT until November. Once passed that I received an email from DHR & 2 weeks latter one from backgrounds, so overall the process is long. I do not have military experience but I did really good on my PAT so I believe that's what got me into backgrounds. I'm a female as well & Bilingual. Is a very long process. But like I mentioned before well worth it!

Comment

I actually applied back in December of 2015 took my NTN test during January. Got a noticed I passed around March. Then was placed on for the oral interview until July. Didn't get any notice of the PAT until November. Once passed that I received an email from DHR & 2 weeks latter one from backgrounds, so overall the process is long. I do not have military experience but I did really good on my PAT so I believe that's what got me into backgrounds. I'm a female as well & Bilingual. Is a very long process. But like I mentioned before well worth it!
              Your info really helps, thanks a lot, I'm a female as well and scored very high on my physical and did well on the oral it's just the NTN test , the video portion, I scored low, but every other portion of the test I got close to a 100%, but I applied July 2016 and the language I speak isn't needed out here in the Bay Area as much as other languages, hopefully I hear from them soon, I feel so close but yet so far away from attaining this goal of mine. Thanks again

Comment

Your info really helps, thanks a lot, I'm a female as well and scored very high on my physical and did well on the oral it's just the NTN test , the video portion, I scored low, but every other portion of the test I got close to a 100%, but I applied July 2016 and the language I speak isn't needed out here in the Bay Area as much as other languages, hopefully I hear from them soon, I feel so close but yet so far away from attaining this goal of mine. Thanks again

Is nice to see us girls in law enforcement! & what other language do you speak? Also it is a long process but don't worry you'll get the email soon!!! How did you do in your PAT exam? Did you get a chance to see your scores at the end?

Comment

Is nice to see us girls in law enforcement! & what other language do you speak? Also it is a long process but don't worry you'll get the email soon!!! How did you do in your PAT exam? Did you get a chance to see your scores at the end?
                  Thanks , and yes it is very empowering when I see other females that are interested in law enforcement like I am, and as far as the scoring, my trigger pull was 51 on my non dominant hand and 49 on my domaint, I had 2 tires, my first was 48 and 49 , than I got to push in 40 push ups and 38 sit ups , for the running corse I went I think about 2 times and got it done under 13sec the first try then I believe 11.5 secs the second time, I didn't get to see my actual overall score so I should restate that and say "I feel as if I scored very high"...lol... but compared to the others that where testing with me I got in a high amount. We also had to squeeze a device but I didn't get to see what I got on that but from my knowledge , that score shouldn't help or hurt me. I'm an amateur boxer so physically I'm already in shape, the overall test was actually really fun, also I am middle eastern and African, my primary language is called Creole, it's French , Jamaican like, and protégés

Comment

Thanks , and yes it is very empowering when I see other females that are interested in law enforcement like I am, and as far as the scoring, my trigger pull was 51 on my non dominant hand and 49 on my domaint, I had 2 tires, my first was 48 and 49 , than I got to push in 40 push ups and 38 sit ups , for the running corse I went I think about 2 times and got it done under 13sec the first try then I believe 11.5 secs the second time, I didn't get to see my actual overall score so I should restate that and say "I feel as if I scored very high"...lol... but compared to the others that where testing with me I got in a high amount. We also had to squeeze a device but I didn't get to see what I got on that but from my knowledge , that score shouldn't help or hurt me. I'm an amateur boxer so physically I'm already in shape, the overall test was actually really fun, also I am middle eastern and African, my primary language is called Creole, it's French , Jamaican like, and protégés

oh wow! You did really good then! Just be patient you did really good so you should get an email from backgrounds, what was your rank?

Comment

oh wow! You did really good then! Just be patient you did really good so you should get an email from backgrounds, what was your rank?
                      Yea I tired to get in as much as possible at that moment because I scored a 65.5 on the video portion and I knew that would hit me hard even though I practically got 100% on the other portions, but even with all that I unfortunately got scored a 700 overall because that video portion effects a majority of the ranking, so I got ranked 12, what about yourself? What did you rank?
                      Last edited by cali94; 12-28-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• It is great to see women joining the police force. I would venture being a female who speaks, I am assuming Spanish, was a factor in your selection.
                        Great job on the PAT but I do not think the individual scores matter because the test was a pass/fail. The only thing that impacts your rank is the NTN and the other tests just determine if you are eligible to make the list. I could be wrong but it would be unfair for them to evaluate your individual PAT scores without given you notice that they would factor in to your selection.

Comment

It is great to see women joining the police force. I would venture being a female who speaks, I am assuming Spanish, was a factor in your selection.
                          Great job on the PAT but I do not think the individual scores matter because the test was a pass/fail. The only thing that impacts your rank is the NTN and the other tests just determine if you are eligible to make the list. I could be wrong but it would be unfair for them to evaluate your individual PAT scores without given you notice that they would factor in to your selection.

Hey there, I think your right to a certain extent, because you do get scored for the PAT but yea it would make sense if it didn't impact my overall score or ranking because in the email I received it only stated what my NTN score was coverted to, hopefully that PAT helps me out in some way, that video really brought my score down , what did you rank?
                          Last edited by cali94; 12-28-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Yea I tired to get in as much as possible at that moment because I scored a 65.5 on the video portion and I knew that would hit me hard even though I practically got 100% on the other portions, but even with all that I unfortunately got scored a 700 overall because that video portion effects a majority of the ranking, so I got ranked 12, what about yourself? What did you rank?

was ranked the same score. But I don't stress much on my rank because at the end of the day your overall performance is what plays a huge role & also how good of a candidate you will be for the department. I have a buddy who was ranked 9 and went to backgrounds I'm rank 12 and went right after. So as long as you prove yourself it should be enough.

Comment

was ranked the same score. But I don't stress much on my rank because at the end of the day your overall performance is what plays a huge role & also how good of a candidate you will be for the department. I have a buddy who was ranked 9 and went to backgrounds I'm rank 12 and went right after. So as long as you prove yourself it should be enough.
                              Your information is comforting...lol...thank you so much

Comment

Your information is comforting...lol...thank you so much

Lol anytime!!! Keep me posted on your process!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13722 users online. 455 members and 13267 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X