Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been code 5'n this thread for a while and lately it's has been too quiet. Any news from anyone about the November Academy? Let's start some chatter people

Comment

• Nicacop judging from williampenn responses, seems like calls probably won't go out at least for another week, and that's if the class is supposed to start at rhe beginning of the month. My BI says just hang in there, so I guess we've gotta live with that for the next few weeks at least

Comment

• Hey guys new on here so I took my oral for sfpd at the testing center and got back a email saying I have to work on my problem solving skills so I have to wait till January to try it again with the oral board had ten minutes and only used seven and was asked is there anything else I would like to add to the six questions I was asked and said I think I answered the best I could any other pointers you have on your interviews with the two board members
        Last edited by PaloAlto; 10-20-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• From what some officers told me, using seven is even considered long. Recruitment officers said they want you to be as concise as possible, should maybe take around 4 or 5 minutes if it's still 6 questions

Comment

• Hey thanks for the reply jld557 I went to a workshop a month ago with sfpd and they had a guy there who was a deputy chief for OPD and he said try to use up all the time and don't leave any change on the table I thought maybe I left three minutes out and maybe didn't answer Afew correctly but I'll give it another try

Comment

• PaloAlto that might be just what OPD wants in their process because they also use SFPD academy sometimes. Anyway, good luck on your process!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                I've been code 5'n this thread for a while and lately it's has been too quiet. Any news from anyone about the November Academy? Let's start some chatter people
                As far as I can tell, they've been calling since the first week of October. On average there might be 40-50 candidates heading to academy. There are last minute cases however where they will call the day before Academy... If not November, then you have January to look forward to.

Comment

• Do you know that they have been making calls all month long? Seems unfair that some would get more time while others couldn't even give their two weeks notice at their job. My BI said that they call you two weeks from the start of the academy. He said it wouldn't be earlier or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK23 View Post
                    Do you know that they have been making calls all month long? Seems unfair that some would get more time while others couldn't even give their two weeks notice at their job. My BI said that they call you two weeks from the start of the academy. He said it wouldn't be earlier or later.
                    Just expect a call at all times, always check your voicemails if you ever get one, and be prepared to drop everything; don't worry about a two weeks notice if you happen to get a last minute call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                      I've been code 5'n this thread for a while and lately it's has been too quiet. Any news from anyone about the November Academy? Let's start some chatter people
                      I got the call on October 14 for the November 14 academy. Seems like they had called some people before they called me so perhaps the calls are still going out.

Comment

• Looks like I passed the Oral Interview, and my PAT is scheduled for November 19. Moving forward to a hopeful academy date sometime in the future. It sure would make 2017 pretty darned nice to get in sometime in the first half of the new year--but all I can do is keep moving forward and making every step count.

Comment

• Is call still going on for November's academy?

Comment

• Does anyone know the exact height of the block that your chest has to hit during the push-ups section of the PAT? I've been using a yoga block on its smallest side to simulate, but an exact number would help--!

Comment

• 6253 I believe the block was around 5 inches, with a different taller block for people over a certain height, maybe 5'10" or so. One officer I asked before I took the test said it was around the length of an iphone, which at that time, the officer had a iphone 5 on them

Comment

• Originally posted by jld557 View Post
                                6253 I believe the block was around 5 inches, with a different taller block for people over a certain height, maybe 5'10" or so. One officer I asked before I took the test said it was around the length of an iphone, which at that time, the officer had a iphone 5 on them
                                I hadn't considered a taller block for being tall--I'm 6'2". I'll keep training with the yoga block--it's just a little less than 4" tall, so I guess I'm dipping lower than I'll be required to do on the test.

If it's a 6" block, it'll feel pretty darned good and I hope to squeeze out some extra reps if that's the case.

Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5457 users online. 242 members and 5215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X