300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jld557 View Post
    Not sure what the current pace of their recruitment is right now, but when I was in the early process last summer, I was originally scheduled to take the PAT in September, but they apparently didn't have enough applicants to test for that date, so they rescheduled me into October, maybe that's what has happened in your case, because I would guess they tested somewhere between 30-50 applicants on that day.
    Thanks for the information--that seems pretty likely!

Comment

• At what point in the process is the weigh-in? I bounce 0-4 pounds around the required number at any point during a given 30 days, and I'd hate for this entire important process to get short-circuited over a single arbitrary number on a single arbitrary day. I'm already prepping and losing, but I don't want to get caught short over something I can absolutely control.

Thanks again, all!

Comment

• 0-4 # is not going to be a problem.
        Originally posted by 6253 View Post
        At what point in the process is the weigh-in? I bounce 0-4 pounds around the required number at any point during a given 30 days, and I'd hate for this entire important process to get short-circuited over a single arbitrary number on a single arbitrary day. I'm already prepping and losing, but I don't want to get caught short over something I can absolutely control.

Thanks again, all!

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
          0-4 # is not going to be a problem.
          Thanks, WP. I'd still prefer to ace each portion of the process as cleanly as possible--will the weigh-in occur during the PAT, or some other time? Knowing when allows me some leeway in choosing how to aim for the weight goal.

Again, thanks for the response and your expertise. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
            Thanks, WP. I'd still prefer to ace each portion of the process as cleanly as possible--will the weigh-in occur during the PAT, or some other time? Knowing when allows me some leeway in choosing how to aim for the weight goal.

Again, thanks for the response and your expertise. Much appreciated.
            The weigh-in comes during the medical evaluation, after the background process is completed and you sign a conditional offer of employment. For me, it was almost a full year after the process had started.

Comment

• Originally posted by jld557 View Post
              The weigh-in comes during the medical evaluation, after the background process is completed and you sign a conditional offer of employment. For me, it was almost a full year after the process had started.
              Well this is just about the best possible news. Thanks, JLD!
              Last edited by 6253; 08-13-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• @Williampenn Is there any word on the hiring meeting for the September Academy or when calls will go out?

Comment

• I have my group psych and medical next week, any chance of me being eligible for the September academy?

Comment

• I got my NTN test scores back this morning, and didn't embarrass myself, so now it's a whole lot of waiting on my part. Back to my regular life and training until I (hopefully) hear from SFPD...!

I look forward to following this thread to get an idea of what your timelines are like for the overall process.

Comment

• I've heard through the grapevine that the September academy might be moved to November, any truth to that?

Comment

• Calls go out 2 weeks before the class starts

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                          I've heard through the grapevine that the September academy might be moved to November, any truth to that?
                          @Nicacop my BI said it's moved to November too

Comment

• I got my e-mail notification for my oral interview date today. I know the process can slow down at any point, but it sure is nice to see the ball move forward a few more yards.

Comment

• I had my oral interview yesterday, and it was a very positive experience. We were told that the PAT would be scheduled for those of us who passed the exam, and that a notification would show up in about 4 weeks. I guess this means that the moratorium (or whatever was causing the issue) on the PAT is nearly over, and they've opened up some times for that to occur.

I'm in a strange spot: I already meet the weight requirement they want, but I'm also trying to stack on some muscle--threading the needle between building and losing is not my favorite place to be. It's my hope that it'll all cancel out by the time I'm finally weighed, but I don't like having that number sitting there when all I want to do is bulk up a bit and then shred that down. I hope the timing works out, but that's my problem, not theirs.

On to the next step, I hope...!

Comment

• Does anyone know when they're having the hiring meetings and the start date of the November academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8041 users online. 403 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X