• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing new?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• See how annoying you are getting?

When they want you, they will notify you.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Any news yet?
        I wanna be da illegal poacher fish snatcher-upper friendly game warden agent officer person

I wanna catch da illegal fishy keepers!!

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Any news yet? Anyone?

Preeeaaazeee????

Nothing new?

But but!! Preeeeeaaassee????

See how annoying you are getting?

When they want you, they will notify you.

BUT I wanna be da illegal poacher catcher!!!

Comment

• Does anyone know how the body fat measurement works if you don't make weight? At my medical, they had me squeeze this thing that looked like a giant video game controller to measure body fat, but I am skeptical as to how accurate it could be. I've read on this forum that they send you to another place to measure that, if anyone could clarify, it would be much appreciated!

Comment

• I got a call from my BI this week. I'll be meeting with him next week. I've heard of candidates going to a group background meeting or a triage, I was never assigned to one. Will that meeting be coming up later in the process?

Originally posted by williampenn View Post
            You will wait for more notifications now

Comment

• Yes.
              Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
              I got a call from my BI this week. I'll be meeting with him next week. I've heard of candidates going to a group background meeting or a triage, I was never assigned to one. Will that meeting be coming up later in the process?

Comment

• When are the dates for 2017 Academy?

Comment

• Hasn't been determined yet.
                  Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
                  When are the dates for 2017 Academy?

Comment

• For fellow applicants, I know it can be nervewracking waiting for the next step, it was for me. Im currently wrapping up the process according to my BI, so here is my timeline:

7/16/15: Applied online
                    8/18/15: NTN Written Test
                    10/18/15: PAT Physical
                    11/21/15: Oral Board
                    12/17/15: Placed on E130 Eligible List
                    1/14/16: Background Packet Submitted
                    3/2/16: First Contact with Investigator
                    4/6/16: Background Triage
                    4/18/16: Background Interview with BI
                    6/13/16: BI Home Visit
                    6/17/16: Conditional Offer Signed
                    6/21/16: Polygraph Exam
                    6/23/16: Medical Eval
                    6/25/16: Written Psych
                    6/28/16: Oral Psych

Now just waiting to see if I passed everything in the last couple steps, fingers crossed!

Comment

• @Williampenn,

What happens if a candidate is selected for the academy, but they are currently enrolled in school? Will they be given the opportunity to complete the college semester and just get carried over to the next available academy date?

Comment

• Yes, accommodations are made sometimes.
                        Originally posted by JWY_84 View Post
                        @Williampenn,

What happens if a candidate is selected for the academy, but they are currently enrolled in school? Will they be given the opportunity to complete the college semester and just get carried over to the next available academy date?

Comment

• @williampenn

When are the presentation for the september academy?

Comment

• Hasn't been determined yet.'
                            Originally posted by Adamgggg100 View Post
                            @williampenn

When are the presentation for the september academy?

Comment

• Hey, everyone--

I'm new to the board, and this thread has been very informative--thanks!

I took early retirement from Houston PD as a lieutenant, moved to San Francisco and did something else for the last six years, and find myself missing service, so I applied to SFPD earlier this month. I take the state test on Monday.

When I've talked to SFPD Recruiting, I'm told that the physical agility test has been postponed until further notice. They even took the time to send me an e-mail detailing this fact. I've pressed a bit out of curiosity on that point, and the recruiters are a little coy about the answer, as if there's something going on in the background that they either can't say or that I'm just not required to know yet.

Anyone have any idea what the story is with the suspension of the physical agility test for SFPD? It's got to happen *somewhere* along the way in the process, I'm sure, but it's curious nonetheless.

Thanks, all. Happy to be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6253 View Post
                                Hey, everyone--

I'm new to the board, and this thread has been very informative--thanks!

I took early retirement from Houston PD as a lieutenant, moved to San Francisco and did something else for the last six years, and find myself missing service, so I applied to SFPD earlier this month. I take the state test on Monday.

When I've talked to SFPD Recruiting, I'm told that the physical agility test has been postponed until further notice. They even took the time to send me an e-mail detailing this fact. I've pressed a bit out of curiosity on that point, and the recruiters are a little coy about the answer, as if there's something going on in the background that they either can't say or that I'm just not required to know yet.

Anyone have any idea what the story is with the suspension of the physical agility test for SFPD? It's got to happen *somewhere* along the way in the process, I'm sure, but it's curious nonetheless.

Thanks, all. Happy to be here.
                                Not sure what the current pace of their recruitment is right now, but when I was in the early process last summer, I was originally scheduled to take the PAT in September, but they apparently didn't have enough applicants to test for that date, so they rescheduled me into October, maybe that's what has happened in your case, because I would guess they tested somewhere between 30-50 applicants on that day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7950 users online. 391 members and 7559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X