300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JWY_84 View Post
    Whats considered a low rank? Are the ranks based off of the NTN test scores?

NTN scores will contribute to the ranking. Obviously, you must have a passing score on the NTN to move forward to the selection process, but once you're on the list, your ranking contributes very little as far as being selected.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
      What's the policy when it comes to muscles and weight ? I'm body builder and 6'1 weighting 205 pounds . I'm sure not going to stop lifting weights or go skinny for their process . So how they do that ?

At 6'1/205#, you are well within the height/weight requirement.

Comment

• what determines whether or not a candidate is bypassed or picked up for the academy if he or she has completed all of the requirements and is on the eligible list? Thank you for the information you are providing by the way. It is very much appreciated.

Comment

what determines whether or not a candidate is bypassed or picked up for the academy if he or she has completed all of the requirements and is on the eligible list? Thank you for the information you are providing by the way. It is very much appreciated.
          The needs of the Department play a role, for example-if a candidate is bilingual (especially Spanish), he/she will leap frog over others if he /she meets all other requirements.

Comment

• Post deleted
            Last edited by m_sharif; 06-23-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Like I mentioned before, your ranking on the eligibility list does not mean a damn thing if you can't pass the background, psychological, polygraph, and medical.

Also, stop asking so many questions about why it's taking so long, how many in the class, etc.

Just be patient and wait your turn. In the meantime, go run up hills and do cardio work. Stay out of trouble and go on with your life.

The new millennium generation is all about "me me me" and self gratification. I'm really tired of seeing whiners and lazy slugs! Please don't join this profession just so you can have a job.

Comment

• @williampenn do you know when the calls usually stop for the coming academies?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CA Cop View Post
                  Like I mentioned before, your ranking on the eligibility list does not mean a damn thing if you can't pass the background, psychological, polygraph, and medical.

Also, stop asking so many questions about why it's taking so long, how many in the class, etc.

Just be patient and wait your turn. In the meantime, go run up hills and do cardio work. Stay out of trouble and go on with your life.

The new millennium generation is all about "me me me" and self gratification. I'm really tired of seeing whiners and lazy slugs! Please don't join this profession just so you can have a job.
                  @ CA Cop, with all due respect Sir........

There is absolutely nothing wrong with curiosity and asking questions. Showing some interest in how the hiring process works does not mean someone is impatient. From everything I have read in this thread, I understood it as a place where bright eyed prospective candidates could gather and help each other out by exchanging information. I'll have you know that I was born in 1984 (I am considered a millennial) joined the Marine Corps at 17, served 2 back to back tours in Iraq selflessly answering the call to serve my country over seas, and am now seeking employment as a police officer to continue selflessly serving here in the homeland. if you have nothing positive to contribute to the curious minds of people who are looking to be apart of something greater than themselves, I would suggest you taking your ranting elsewhere. your negativity is not needed or appreciated here. Intelligent people do their homework and ask questions.
                  Last edited by JWY_84; 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

@ CA Cop, with all due respect Sir........

There is absolutely nothing wrong with curiosity and asking questions. Showing some interest in how the hiring process works does not mean someone is impatient. From everything I have read in this thread, I understood it as a place where bright eyed prospective candidates could gather and help each other out by exchanging information. I'll have you know that I was born in 1984 (I am considered a millennial) joined the Marine Corps at 17, served 2 back to back tours in Iraq selflessly answering the call to serve my country over seas, and am now seeking employment as a police officer to continue selflessly serving here in the homeland. if you have nothing positive to contribute to the curious minds of people who are looking to be apart of something greater than themselves, I would suggest you taking your ranting elsewhere. your negativity is not needed or appreciated here. Intelligent people do their homework and ask questions.
                    Do not speak until spoken to, learn that now before you enter the academy rookie!

I would enjoy dealing with smart asses like you in the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CA Cop View Post
                      Do not speak until spoken to, learn that now before you enter the academy rookie!

I would enjoy dealing with smart asses like you in the academy.
                      Sir, please believe me when I say you have nothing on a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. The SFPD Academy may be considered paramilitary, but I can guarantee you it is a far cry from Marine Corps boot camp. None the less, I will gladly accept the offer to stand among the ranks of San Francisco's finest and it would be an honor to serve the great citizens of your world class city. I am not a rookie yet, I hope to have that opportunity to earn that title in September.
                      Last edited by JWY_84; 06-14-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• There are usually some dropouts just before or once the academy starts so calls go out during those first couple of days to replace the vacated spots.
                        Originally posted by Mar65stang View Post
                        @williampenn do you know when the calls usually stop for the coming academies?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• @Williampenn do you know how many people are typically waiting in the hiring pool when they select the 50 or so for an academy?

Comment

• Several

Originally posted by jld557 View Post
                            @Williampenn do you know how many people are typically waiting in the hiring pool when they select the 50 or so for an academy?

Comment

• Any news yet?
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Any news yet? Anyone?
                                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8082 users online. 367 members and 7715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X