Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calls have already started going out and will continue through the weekend.
    Only those who are DQ's receive notifications. If you're in the hiring pool and you don't make it in to the June class, you'll just stay in the pool without hearing anything.

Originally posted by kcfs2234 View Post
    What date will calls stop going out on? I believe I am in the hiring pool, for the June class, but have not received a letter nor a call. If we are not accepted into the June class, should we expect any notifications?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
      Calls have already started going out and will continue through the weekend.
      Only those who are DQ's receive notifications. If you're in the hiring pool and you don't make it in to the June class, you'll just stay in the pool without hearing anything.
      Is it possible to be in the hiring pool and never make it in to the academy? How long are candidates in the pool for before being called for the academy or removed from the pool?

Comment

• Yes.
        If a candidate is in the hiring pool and doesn't get picked up for an academy before their list expires, they are dead on the vine. If your list is close to expiring, it would behoove you to reapply -if you're still interested in the job.

Originally posted by JWY_84 View Post
        Is it possible to be in the hiring pool and never make it in to the academy? How long are candidates in the pool for before being called for the academy or removed from the pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
          Yes.
          If a candidate is in the hiring pool and doesn't get picked up for an academy before their list expires, they are dead on the vine. If your list is close to expiring, it would behoove you to reapply -if you're still interested in the job.
          How long from when the candidate first applies to when their list expires?

Comment

• Its a 2 year list
            How long from when the candidate first applies to when their list expires?

Comment

• I turned in my background packet in May 2016. Today I received a "NOTICE OF REFERRAL," email saying that I may me considered for appointment if I am still interested. I replied to the email like I'm supposed to. I replied with a "still interested," response. Does anyone know what might be the next step for me in this process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                I replied with a "still interested," response. Does anyone know what might be the next step for me in this process?
                TRANSLATION: Hurry Up and Wait.

Especially true if no BI investigator has contacted you/requested a package, your list rank was low, or a combination of both.

Take the advice above.... RE_APPLY
                Last edited by CAprotectNserve; 06-10-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Are candidates selected for the academy based on their ranking on the eligible list? Does it start from the top and work its way down the list? Do candidates move up and down the list as new applicants make the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by CAprotectNserve View Post

Especially true if no BI investigator has contacted you/requested a package, your list rank was low, or a combination of both.

Whats considered a low rank? Are the ranks based off of the NTN test scores?

Comment

• What's the policy when it comes to muscles and weight ? I'm body builder and 6'1 weighting 205 pounds . I'm sure not going to stop lifting weights or go skinny for their process . So how they do that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                        What's the policy when it comes to muscles and weight ? I'm body builder and 6'1 weighting 205 pounds . I'm sure not going to stop lifting weights or go skinny for their process . So how they do that ?
                        There are couple posts earlier in this thread that address body and weight. What I gathered for the process there is a ratio used between hight and weight but if you don't fit within the guideline they use a body fat percentage.

I tried to find in on the SFPD website but couldn't find it. I wasn't digging that deep so I may have missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CAprotectNserve View Post

I don't think my rank list was low, I was in rank grouping #6. I scored well on the NTN test as well, getting an 85% on the video portion, and above a 96% on both my writing and reading portion. But what you're saying might be true and maybe others scored higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                            I don't think my rank list was low, I was in rank grouping #6. I scored well on the NTN test as well, getting an 85% on the video portion, and above a 96% on both my writing and reading portion. But what you're saying might be true and maybe others scored higher.
                            I was ranked one of the lowest and I was given an offer for the upcoming academy. So, even if you rank low it is still possible, if they only go by rank.

I think by the time you are presented they look at the whole picture of the applicant not just how well you did on that video test. I would assume they consider your PT scores, Interview scores, Background, Experiences, Education, & etc.

Again, just having a high rank may not necessarily mean anything but it sure doesn't hurt to be ranked high.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• You will wait for more notifications now
                              Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                              I turned in my background packet in May 2016. Today I received a "NOTICE OF REFERRAL," email saying that I may me considered for appointment if I am still interested. I replied to the email like I'm supposed to. I replied with a "still interested," response. Does anyone know what might be the next step for me in this process?

Comment

• No. The ranking on the eligible list plays a very minor role in the selection process, often times it is disregarded altogether.
                                If a candidate is at the top of the "list" and is passed over, he/she may still get picked up at a later date or he/she may continue to be bypassed.
                                Are candidates selected for the academy based on their ranking on the eligible list? Does it start from the top and work its way down the list? Do candidates move up and down the list as new applicants make the list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7974 users online. 394 members and 7580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X