Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn thats great news.... all the best to everyone

Comment

• @RSB: No word yet on the review board. My investigator will need to wait for the questionaires to be returned from my references and for the field interviews to be completed. I also have no idea as to when the next academy will begin. As soon as I hear something I will will let you all know. I would imagine if they have 3 academy classes per fiscal year, the next one may start in september.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations (ifaynshteyn, ppang, champwhteek, et al.) and congrats to those who have their 1 on 1 coming up. Please continue to post your progress through the cycle.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I'm glad to have found this forum. It's good to see some of you getting called for the background interview. I was a part of the 5/15 triage group. I received a call on 7/11 for the interview on 7/26. I was told the interview would be about 2.5 hours long, and that if all went well there, a polygraph would be scheduled next.

That's about it for now. Hope to read more about everyone else's progress!

Comment

• does anybody know if there would be a reason that one would not get called to even do triage yet.... put my Background package back in Mid FEB

Comment

• Champ, the Triage was done based on written score. Perhaps you didn't score highly. If you want, PM me how you did on the written exam.

Did the 1 on 1 today, scheduled both my polygraph for next week and medical for mid-August.
            It was definitely stressful, but not nearly as intimidating as I expected.

Comment

• I also had
              The triage mid may, forgot what day! Just hoping to hear from
              BI soon! Congrats mindtrap!

Comment

• @champwhteek: I have read that some people might not be invited to do triage because of certain problems in their background like substance abuse, bad credit history, etc. I guess since a lot of people have applied for this position, SFPD can be a bit selective and look for the cream of the crop. Perhaps you can try calling Background and ask what your current status is?

@ifaynshteyn: I'm glad you're moving onto the next step! May I ask how long your interview was? My application needs to be updated, so I do hope my BI won't be giving me a hard time with it. When I was doing my application early this year, I just filled out what I could remember at that time. Since then, I have found out that I had omitted (unintentionally) certain information it was asking for.

@PPANG: Thanks! Certainly hope you hear from the BI soon! I am guessing they are having their hands full with the interviews now.

Comment

• Mindtrap, thanks for the congrats. The interview was roughly 2.5 hours long. I too had to update a couple things that have changed. Your BI won't give you much of a hard time about it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comment

• @ifaynshteyn: Appreciate the response. Just hope the interview will go smoothly. I think I'm just psyching myself out too much now.

@ALL: Here are a few videos about SFPD. The first two are very brief. For the last two, you will see the class that started on their first day at the Academy on 6/25. They were in attendance for the announcement of a new app to help officers file incident reports in the field instead of at the station.

http://vimeo.com/30385275
                    http://vimeo.com/21729446
                    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...sco&id=8713701
                    http://vimeo.com/44770132

Comment

• Hey guys, quick question. I'm in hire process for NYPD but looks like I'll be relocating to the bay area. I'd really prefer to get on with SFPD over any other department in the area. I spoke to a recruiter earlier in the year and he said they'd probably begin testing again next june\july or beginning of 2014 at the latest for the next academy. Just to clarify, in NY we have open testing and they siphon through all prior tests before they get to yours then go down by list number. So we're about a 3 year hire process. The recruiter said the turnaround for SF was about 6 months.

So my question is, do I have to simply wait until testing opens again in SF or is there an open testing process I can just go in and test for right after I move out there?
                      NYPD Exam #2326
                      List #1XX

Waiting for the local PD call in SC
                      Polygraph: PASSED
                      Medical: PASSED

Psychological: Waiting on results
                      Interviews: PASSED

I see the notion of talent as quite irrelevant. I see instead perseverance, application, industry, assiduity, will, will, will, desire, desire, desire.

- Gordon Lish

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_Rey View Post
                        Hey guys, quick question. I'm in hire process for NYPD but looks like I'll be relocating to the bay area. I'd really prefer to get on with SFPD over any other department in the area. I spoke to a recruiter earlier in the year and he said they'd probably begin testing again next june\july or beginning of 2014 at the latest for the next academy. Just to clarify, in NY we have open testing and they siphon through all prior tests before they get to yours then go down by list number. So we're about a 3 year hire process. The recruiter said the turnaround for SF was about 6 months.

So my question is, do I have to simply wait until testing opens again in SF or is there an open testing process I can just go in and test for right after I move out there?
                        You have to wait. What I was told was october this year, but....

Comment

• Originally posted by rsb View Post
                          You have to wait. What I was told was october this year, but....
                          ooooo! even sooner possibly. I like that. Here's to hoping.
                          NYPD Exam #2326
                          List #1XX

Waiting for the local PD call in SC
                          Polygraph: PASSED
                          Medical: PASSED

Psychological: Waiting on results
                          Interviews: PASSED

I see the notion of talent as quite irrelevant. I see instead perseverance, application, industry, assiduity, will, will, will, desire, desire, desire.

- Gordon Lish

Comment

• Hi Everyone,
                            I heard that they're getting ready to triage another wave of applicants.
                            Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by lovely-mz-lopez View Post
                              Hi Everyone,
                              I heard that they're getting ready to triage another wave of applicants.
                              Good luck!
                              NICE!!!... who did you hear this all from?

Comment

• hey guys! i just got a call from my BI, will be meeting with him next week. I know we've all shared tips, but if anyone have any more advice on this portion let me know! good luck to all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7412 users online. 353 members and 7059 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X