Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you can get the body fat measured, but you have to go do that on your own. If your body fat is less than 27%, you're good to go. And for your information, If you're 9 lbs over, that's within our the guidelines and will not disqualify you.

Originally posted by wiSezo View Post
    williampenn, I have my medical coming up and was worried about the height/weight requirements. Is there a body fat percentage tape? I know that if I get taped I'll pass. But, if it was straight step on a scale and see if you're over, I'll fail for sure. I'm 9lbs over the requirement...

Comment

• Greetings everyone,

I have been wanting to put in my two cents here since I have my hat in the ring for an upcoming academy. Back in August 2015 is when I first applied to SFPD. I have since taken my national written test, the fitness test, and passed the interview. I also met with my BI once to get the background started. Soon I will be signing my conditional offer which I am very excited about. Then in the same week I will be taking my polygraph, med, and psych evaluations. This has definitely been a long process but I am happy to have made it this far and that the academy is almost here. From the sound of things, it looks like I could be up for the June academy. I am not sure of the exact dates on this, but if someone is, I would appreciate the tip if this can be disclosed.

One thing I am curious about is apartment hunting. I am not from the Bay Area, and I am curious where people typically go while they are at the academy. For example, Daly City seems a little cheaper and not a far drive to the academy. But I wanted to see what others plan on doing. It will be rough getting everything packed up, moved, and into a newly found apartment in a short amount of time. Do recruits ever try to go in on an apartment together? Didn't know if that might be a thing.

Best of luck to everyone!
      Last edited by BlueLine2016; 04-18-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueLine2016 View Post
        Greetings everyone,

I have been wanting to put in my two cents here since I have my hat in the ring for an upcoming academy. Back in August 2015 is when I first applied to SFPD. I have since taken my national written test, the fitness test, and passed the interview. I also met with my BI once to get the background started. Soon I will be signing my conditional offer which I am very excited about. Then in the same week I will be taking my polygraph, med, and psych evaluations. This has definitely been a long process but I am happy to have made it this far and that the academy is almost here. From the sound of things, it looks like I could be up for the June academy. I am not sure of the exact dates on this, but if someone is, I would appreciate the tip if this can be disclosed.

One thing I am curious about is apartment hunting. I am not from the Bay Area, and I am curious where people typically go while they are at the academy. For example, Daly City seems a little cheaper and not a far drive to the academy. But I wanted to see what others plan on doing. It will be rough getting everything packed up, moved, and into a newly found apartment in a short amount of time. Do recruits ever try to go in on an apartment together? Didn't know if that might be a thing.

I'm with you on this one, I'm from Southern California and I was wondering the same thing. When I talked to my psych he told me that it's better off to live in the city for at least the first 6 months during the academy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueLine2016 View Post
          Greetings everyone,

Hey Bro, I'm in the same boat as you. Finishing up the process next week. Turn on your PM's

Comment

• Originally posted by JWY_84 View Post
            Hey Bro, I'm in the same boat as you. Finishing up the process next week. Turn on your PM's
            Does anyone knows when is the next academy ?

Comment

• May 9, then another in June.
              Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
              Does anyone knows when is the next academy ?

Comment

• You know how long it takes to skim over 90 pages of posts? lol

Is the process still taking over a year for some folks? The last info on this was posts from 2012. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                  May 9, then another in June.
                  I was an applicant in jan 2014. I had my background seminar and because of a tax Lein I was DQ. I have paid off the Lein in Full and my credit is perfect now.. I was told that I can't reapply until 2017. Should I not be able to apply sooner? Why two years? Can you give me some advice.

Comment

• It depends. Some process quickly, others move slower.
                    Originally posted by War Priest View Post
                    You know how long it takes to skim over 90 pages of posts? lol

Is the process still taking over a year for some folks? The last info on this was posts from 2012. Thanks

Comment

• HR makes the rules on that.
                      Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
                      I was an applicant in jan 2014. I had my background seminar and because of a tax Lein I was DQ. I have paid off the Lein in Full and my credit is perfect now.. I was told that I can't reapply until 2017. Should I not be able to apply sooner? Why two years? Can you give me some advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                        HR makes the rules on that.
                        William , I know you can't technically speak about other dept . I'm OPD candidate . I have been 6 months active assigned an investigator . BI does that part time cause full time officer . How long the BI for sfpd who does background part time takes . All my references and everything had been gathered . I'm just trying to figure how many more months before getting the CO

Comment

• Depends on who your BI is. Some of the part-timers work a lot harder than some of the full-timers. What I can tell you though is, if all of your ducks are in order and you have no issues, you will be getting the call any day.

Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                          William , I know you can't technically speak about other dept . I'm OPD candidate . I have been 6 months active assigned an investigator . BI does that part time cause full time officer . How long the BI for sfpd who does background part time takes . All my references and everything had been gathered . I'm just trying to figure how many more months before getting the CO

Comment

• I applied for SFPD and doing the written test on May 07 at Cesar Chavez. I'm on almost done with backgrounds with OPD before being presented to the board . Well , let's see how far can I go here

Comment

• You all realize that a one bedroom apt in SF goes for around $3400/month, right?
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• @williampenn I know you mentioned this before, but I have been getting conflicting answers. What is the maximum body weight for someone who is 5'11"? And what is max body fat composition? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12192 users online. 454 members and 11738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X