300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
    An administrative waiver is when the staff waives an appointment for an applicant. For example, an applicant can be put on admin waiver if they don't meet the height/weight requirement.
    Mr. William , I'm in the final stages of background with opd and just applied to sfpd . Would that some how make my process quicker or they have to do their 40 hours too of investigation ?

Comment

• No. SFPD conducts their own background investigation and we do not have a time limit to do it in (40 hours?)
      Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
      Mr. William , I'm in the final stages of background with opd and just applied to sfpd . Would that some how make my process quicker or they have to do their 40 hours too of investigation ?

Comment

No. SFPD conducts their own background investigation and we do not have a time limit to do it in (40 hours?)
        Sorry was based on the POST background manual the 40 hours which most of the times is spread over months to be done . Thank you

Comment

• Thank you sir for the clarification. Does the waiver expires?
          Originally posted by williampenn View Post
          An administrative waiver is when the staff waives an appointment for an applicant. For example, an applicant can be put on admin waiver if they don't meet the height/weight requirement.

Comment

• The waiver expires with the list.

Comment

• Thank you again sir. @williampenn
              Originally posted by williampenn View Post
              The waiver expires with the list.

Comment

• The May academy is scheduled for May 9. Calls will be going out on Friday April 23 and possibly sooner.

Comment

• Is there an average wait time for the academy pool? I was put on it around a month ago

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mr. Williams, I have a question, when the live scan is done, does only criminal history, felonies or misdemeanors, come back in the results? Or does other info come as well?

Comment

• No, no average. However, things are proceeding quicker now than in the past.

Originally posted by Mar65stang View Post
                      Is there an average wait time for the academy pool? I was put on it around a month ago

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• The report includes every conviction, every arrest awaiting trial, each & every arrest unless you were exonerated, every successful diversion, and every criminal history record request for employment as a peace officer

Originally posted by Johnjohn2016 View Post
                        Mr. Williams, I have a question, when the live scan is done, does only criminal history, felonies or misdemeanors, come back in the results? Or does other info come as well?

Comment

The report includes every conviction, every arrest awaiting trial, each & every arrest unless you were exonerated, every successful diversion, and every criminal history record request for employment as a peace officer
                          I requested my own background record and it only has info that I don't have any record on file. It didn't include the peace officer criminal record requests. Is it only peace officer positions or civilian positions in a LE agency as well? I wanted to get them so that I can have a list of the departments I have applied too. Is this something only available for investigators? Also, does it include volunteer positions for law enforcement criminal record requests?
                          Last edited by Johnjohn2016; 04-13-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• The info that I quoted you before is what we get regarding your background.
                            Originally posted by Johnjohn2016 View Post
                            I requested my own background record and it only has info that I don't have any record on file. It didn't include the peace officer criminal record requests. Is it only peace officer positions or civilian positions in a LE agency as well? I wanted to get them so that I can have a list of the departments I have applied too. Is this something only available for investigators? Also, does it include volunteer positions for law enforcement criminal record requests?

Comment

• williampenn, I have my medical coming up and was worried about the height/weight requirements. Is there a body fat percentage tape? I know that if I get taped I'll pass. But, if it was straight step on a scale and see if you're over, I'll fail for sure. I'm 9lbs over the requirement...

Comment

• Yes, you can get the body fat measured, but you have to go do that on your own. And for your information, If you're 9 lbs over, that's within our the guidelines and will not disqualify you.

Originally posted by wiSezo View Post
                                williampenn, I have my medical coming up and was worried about the height/weight requirements. Is there a body fat percentage tape? I know that if I get taped I'll pass. But, if it was straight step on a scale and see if you're over, I'll fail for sure. I'm 9lbs over the requirement...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11233 users online. 488 members and 10745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X