Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by p_fox49 View Post
    Soooooo..... Just found out my BI was transferred to patrol at Central without notification. Have to contact the BI unit tomorrow and ask "WTF???". Feels like I'm in limbo.

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Turn on your PMs.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by simon623 View Post
      Turn on your PMs.
      PM gives me an error message when I try to turn it on. Contacted support

      Comment


      • Originally posted by p_fox49 View Post
        PM gives me an error message when I try to turn it on. Contacted support
        Here's my email [email protected]

        Comment


        • Current NYPD with almost 2.5 yrs on. Considering doing a lateral transfer to sfpd. Anybody have time to shine some light on some questions I may have? Please PM me.
          Exam:1315
          List: XX
          apd 5: COMPLETE
          Medical: COMPLETE
          Social Media Check: COMPLETE
          Written Psych:COMPLETE
          Oral Psych: COMPLETE
          BI: COMPLETE
          JST:COMPLETE 2:39
          Mini Med:COMPLETE

          Anxiously waiting for the call

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jwbaruch515 View Post
            Current NYPD with almost 2.5 yrs on. Considering doing a lateral transfer to sfpd. Anybody have time to shine some light on some questions I may have? Please PM me.
            Check out the POST website at post.ca.gov. All the info you need is right there.

            Comment


            • Anyone hear any chatter about the next upcoming academy? Calcava was telling me to expect the next one around April. I keep checking the POST website for any news, but no new basic academy classes in SF have been announced yet.

              Comment


              • All I know is that they've been running them approx every two months. William would better know the specifics

                Comment


                • March, April, May, June. Possibly 2 more after the start of the fiscal year.
                  Originally posted by p_fox49 View Post
                  Anyone hear any chatter about the next upcoming academy? Calcava was telling me to expect the next one around April. I keep checking the POST website for any news, but no new basic academy classes in SF have been announced yet.

                  Comment


                  • What do you need?
                    Originally posted by jwbaruch515 View Post
                    Current YPD with almost 2.5 yrs on. Considering doing a lateral transfer to sfpd. Anybody have time to shine some light on some questions I may have? Please PM me.

                    Comment


                    • There u go P fox !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                        What do you need?
                        I have several questions comparing the two departments to help make my decision to move forward with the lateral transfer.

                        1- the nypd has unlimited sick days. sfpd has 13 paid sick days. If i am injured or become seriously sick would they compensate me for over 13 days? Do the sick days roll over annually? Do they encourage you to use all your sick for the year?

                        2- how are the over time in sfpd? Is it consistent? would i be able to make over my annual base? If so how much over?

                        3- I currently have 3 years on as NYPD. If i lateral over to SFPD would i be able to carry over the time?

                        4- Does SFPD match any 401k? Do they offer a 457 deferred comp?

                        5- are there resident requirements to work for sfpd? may i reside in san jose and still work in SFPD?


                        Thank you for your guidance.
                        Exam:1315
                        List: XX
                        apd 5: COMPLETE
                        Medical: COMPLETE
                        Social Media Check: COMPLETE
                        Written Psych:COMPLETE
                        Oral Psych: COMPLETE
                        BI: COMPLETE
                        JST:COMPLETE 2:39
                        Mini Med:COMPLETE

                        Anxiously waiting for the call

                        Comment


                        • #1- We have 13 paid sick days. If you have passed your probationary period and you get injured or become seriously ill, you'd be placed on DP (Disability Pay) which is your tax free salary)
                          #2-As of now, we have an abundance of OT opportunities available due to the severe personnel shortage. The amount over your annual base pay depends on how much OT you work.
                          #3- Laterals can transfer their time over to our department.
                          #4-Retirement benefits: 3% of final compensation per year of service at age 58, with a maximum of 90% benefit based on years of service.
                          All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5% - 13.25% of compensation.
                          #5- There are no resident requirements to work for SFPD.
                          Some additional info for you-
                          10 paid vacation days a year during the first five years of service.
                          15 paid vacation days a year during the next 10 years of service.
                          20 paid vacation days a year after 15 years of service.
                          4 floating holidays.
                          Bilingual pay and special assignment pay.

                          1- the nypd has unlimited sick days. sfpd has 13 paid sick days. If i am injured or become seriously sick would they compensate me for over 13 days? Do the sick days roll over annually? Do they encourage you to use all your sick for the year?

                          2- how are the over time in sfpd? Is it consistent? would i be able to make over my annual base? If so how much over?

                          3- I currently have 3 years on as NYPD. If i lateral over to SFPD would i be able to carry over the time?

                          4- Does SFPD match any 401k? Do they offer a 457 deferred comp?

                          5- are there resident requirements to work for sfpd? may i reside in san jose and still work in SFPD?


                          Thank you for your guidance.[/QUOTE]

                          Comment


                          • And, yes the sick days roll over. It accrues at 4 hours per pay check, maximum 1040 hours. No, you are NOT encouraged to use all of your sick days for the year, lol.
                            Originally posted by jwbaruch515 View Post
                            I have several questions comparing the two departments to help make my decision to move forward with the lateral transfer.

                            1- the nypd has unlimited sick days. sfpd has 13 paid sick days. If i am injured or become seriously sick would they compensate me for over 13 days? Do the sick days roll over annually? Do they encourage you to use all your sick for the year?

                            2- how are the over time in sfpd? Is it consistent? would i be able to make over my annual base? If so how much over?

                            3- I currently have 3 years on as NYPD. If i lateral over to SFPD would i be able to carry over the time?

                            4- Does SFPD match any 401k? Do they offer a 457 deferred comp?

                            5- are there resident requirements to work for sfpd? may i reside in san jose and still work in SFPD?


                            Thank you for your guidance.

                            Comment


                            • Anyone that turned in a packet in January hear back? Also, anyone know how long it can usually take from when you turn your packet in to hearing back from backgrounds?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jld557 View Post
                                Anyone that turned in a packet in January hear back? Also, anyone know how long it can usually take from when you turn your packet in to hearing back from backgrounds?
                                The key in this process is patience. When I turned my packet in, I didn't meet my BI until about six months later. The whole process could potentially take up to two years to complete. Hopefully that won't be the case.
                                Last edited by p_fox49; 02-29-2016, 09:10 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7156 users online. 362 members and 6794 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X