Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've been working patrol for more than 2 years, you are considered a lateral transfer. You would still have to go through the background process and that takes time, anywhere from a couple of months to a year or more. If/When you do pass the background investigation, you would be placed in a lateral academy (its shorter than the one for entry level). Recruits live anywhere they can. Its very expensive to live in the Bay Area, especially in SF. and most likely you will be commuting.

Originally posted by Kenn_ltpd View Post
    How's it going? I'm new to this thread and I have a few questions if anyone can help. I'm an officer from NJ and looking into moving to the Bay Area. So my question is,

I just mailed in my packet yesterday what would be an estimated timeline that if I pass everything I would go into the academy?

Another question, where do most recruits live while attending the academy?

I have read many posts on this forum and some people have mixed experiences with this process. If hired I would be moving with my wife and daughter. So I'm kinda stressed how much time the sfpd gives you before start the academy. I would have to either rent out my house or try to sell it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• It looks like calls are going out this Friday for the October academy. Good luck and congratulations to those selected for this extraordinary position.
      Last edited by Inpierd; 10-05-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inpierd View Post
        It looks like calls are going out this Friday for the October academy. Good luck and congratulations to those selected for this extraordinary position.
        Good luck to everyone I hope We all get a call. Does anyone know if calls normally go out early in the day or is it an all day thing sorry just impatient :
        Last edited by Ap1987; 10-05-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Like others have been saying, it seems this week is the week for calls. Going to be a long couple days till Friday. I'm not sure on the times that calls are going out, but would say anywhere in the normal business day hours you could receive a call. Hopefully we all get a call and will see one another there. Good luck to everyone! Maybe calls will go out Thursday and Friday, but as williampenn said for sure on Friday. I am feeling the impatient feelings also, thinking good thoughts for everyone!

Comment

• Williampen, I was on patrol for 5 year with my police department then I left and was hired by state corrections and have been with them for 4 years. Do you know if Sfpd would honor me as a lateral? Also what is the academy start and end time and what are the shifts the Sfpd works? 8hr, 10hr or 12hr? Thanks again for your help

Comment

• If you've been working corrections for the last 4 years, you would have to come in as entry level. The academy hours are 0800-1700 but you can expect to be there at 0645 or so and you can expect your actual day to end about 18-1900 hours. You will be coming in on some weekends also to practice simulations, etc. SFPD patrol work 10 hour days.

Originally posted by Kenn_ltpd View Post
              Williampen, I was on patrol for 5 year with my police department then I left and was hired by state corrections and have been with them for 4 years. Do you know if Sfpd would honor me as a lateral? Also what is the academy start and end time and what are the shifts the Sfpd works? 8hr, 10hr or 12hr? Thanks again for your help

Comment

• Calls begin in the morning and will continue throughout the day. Good luck.
                Originally posted by Ap1987 View Post
                Good luck to everyone I hope We all get a call. Does anyone know if calls normally go out early in the day or is it an all day thing sorry just impatient :

Comment

• I had my oral board on 9/19 and still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone in here had the oral board on m same date?
                  Last edited by bhc85; 10-08-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know exactly when the next academy will began (I Heard February). Im getting ready to take my psychology test in two weeks. However, i recently sustained an injury(required stitches), but my doctor said i will be healed by mid december and will be good by February. If i do my medical next month, will i get disqualified? What should i do in the meantime? Should i get a note from my doctor stating i will be good by February? Any advice or tips? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles2194 View Post
                      Does anyone know exactly when the next academy will began (I Heard February). Im getting ready to take my psychology test in two weeks. However, i recently sustained an injury(required stitches), but my doctor said i will be healed by mid december and will be good by February. If i do my medical next month, will i get disqualified? What should i do in the meantime? Should i get a note from my doctor stating i will be good by February? Any advice or tips? Thanks
                      Hey I noticed that you're pretty much in sync with my timeline in the process, I went to the general background meeting on Sept. 17th. Did you attend the background meeting on the 17th?

I haven't been contacted by a BI for the next step (yet).

Waiting patiently, good luck again with everyone in the process.
                      Last edited by SPX; 10-08-2015, 06:15 PM.
                      CBPO 19-2
                      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
                      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
                      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
                      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
                      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
                      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
                      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
                      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• The next class is scheduled for Feb. Backgrounds will go by what the doctor's report tells them about your health, whether it be your healed injury, or any other issues you may have. In any case, you should notify your BI asap. In the meantime, keep yourself in excellent shape so that you have the best possible advantage of getting through the academy.

Originally posted by Charles2194 View Post
                        Does anyone know exactly when the next academy will began (I Heard February). Im getting ready to take my psychology test in two weeks. However, i recently sustained an injury(required stitches), but my doctor said i will be healed by mid december and will be good by February. If i do my medical next month, will i get disqualified? What should i do in the meantime? Should i get a note from my doctor stating i will be good by February? Any advice or tips? Thanks

Comment

• Thank you Williampenn. Do you know when the next academy after feburary will began. thx alot

Comment

• Williampenn how many spots are there for this October academy? Thanks

Comment

• Very excited to have gotten the call for the October academy today, but I have a question that I was hoping someone here could answer. I accepted the offer over the phone, but the email I received with the orientation information says that all recruits must call the backgrounds unit to accept and confirm their spot in the academy. A little confused since I received a phone call from the backgrounds unit and accepted before they sent the email.

Comment

• You've already been confirmed if you were called and you spoke with a BI. The letter is just a formality.
                                Originally posted by madmax03 View Post
                                Very excited to have gotten the call for the October academy today, but I have a question that I was hoping someone here could answer. I accepted the offer over the phone, but the email I received with the orientation information says that all recruits must call the backgrounds unit to accept and confirm their spot in the academy. A little confused since I received a phone call from the backgrounds unit and accepted before they sent the email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11244 users online. 458 members and 10786 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X