Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im turning in my packet. I was born out the country and i don't have a birth certificate. What should I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by MKAT44 View Post
      No worries and you're welcome. You can redo the 1.5 miles when ever you want but you would still have to pay the full 100$ even though it's just the run.
      They told me since I passed the rest, I can do the 1.5 whenever I want, how ever many times I want and I don't have to pay. I am very happy!!

Comment

• When you turn in Your packet. You obviously include PHS. Do i Include all the waivers and the releases or is that when I meet with the investigator.In addition do I include all of these documents:

Copy Birth certificate
        Copy social Security
        Copy Driver license
        Copy passport
        Copy Passport Photo
        Official High transcript and diploma
        Official College Transcript
        Copy selective Service

Or is it only

Copy Birth Certificate
        Copy Social Security
        Official high school and college transcript
        Copy of selective services
        Passport photo

PS: I dont own a Vehicle

Thanks Alot

Comment

• Do I include the Authorizations and releases or do i hold on to that until i meet an investigator

Comment

• W a i t.

Originally posted by wises View Post
            i've been waiting quite some time now, would it be possible to do a follow up call or should i just continue to wait?

Comment

• Listen to the instructions you were given. Follow them. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by wises View Post
                I've been waiting quite some time now, would it be possible to do a follow up call or should I just continue to wait?

I second what williampenn said, wait for them to contact you. They go through hundreds of applicants and they will eventually contact you. It will take weeks to months but you will be eventually be contacted via phone or email. On the bright side, SFPD is going to have 3-5 more academies next year so you'll be eventually contacted and they just approved an additional 150-300 to be added to the already 1700 mandated officers.

Comment

• Hello All,

A few days ago I received an email from the Department of Human Resources in regards if i am still interested in being consider for an upcoming police academy, and of course I immediately replied a yes. But Last year i received a letter in the mail basically stating I wasnt selected to move in the process for the 2014 police academy, but I will be on the list for two years.

Has anyone been in this similar position before and do they send this email to a selective few or to everyone on the list?

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Just because you weren't selected to move forward last year, doesn't mean that you won't be chosen at a future date off your eligible list. That email is sent to those who are still eligible for consideration.
                    Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
                    Hello All,

A few days ago I received an email from the Department of Human Resources in regards if i am still interested in being consider for an upcoming police academy, and of course I immediately replied a yes. But Last year i received a letter in the mail basically stating I wasnt selected to move in the process for the 2014 police academy, but I will be on the list for two years.

Has anyone been in this similar position before and do they send this email to a selective few or to everyone on the list?

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Does anyone have tips for running the 1.5mi with asthma? Anyone have the same thing? Is it possible to overcome? I have allergy/exercise triggered asthma. The run was in San Jose in 90 degree weather, on a dirt path. I passed everything else in the WSTB BUT got half way on the run in 8 minutes and my chest seized up. I've heard tips like "have your puffer with you" and "take your preventative inhaler 15-30 minutes before you run." When I'm on the treadmill, my asthma seems fine and I can run quite a ways (about 30 minutes non-stop) Is there anything else I can do to prepare for the run again? Thank you for your time.

Comment

• So, for those of you who have finished the hiring process and are anxiously waiting for the "the call," hopefully this information helps out. Approximately 1 out of every 4 people in the eligibility gets selected for any given academy, which is pretty good considering the thousands of applicants. Unfortunately, about 75% are not gonna make it. Now, the hiring process could take anywhere from 6 months to over 2 years, depending on the needs of the department. FYI the next academy is in October, 2015. I'm not sure of the exact day, however.

Comment

• There's a lot of running -outdoors- at the academy. You do know that you will have to pass a medical during the background process?
                          Originally posted by Miss_O'Brien View Post
                          Does anyone have tips for running the 1.5mi with asthma? Anyone have the same thing? Is it possible to overcome? I have allergy/exercise triggered asthma. The run was in San Jose in 90 degree weather, on a dirt path. I passed everything else in the WSTB BUT got half way on the run in 8 minutes and my chest seized up. I've heard tips like "have your puffer with you" and "take your preventative inhaler 15-30 minutes before you run." When I'm on the treadmill, my asthma seems fine and I can run quite a ways (about 30 minutes non-stop) Is there anything else I can do to prepare for the run again? Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Oct 26

Originally posted by Inpierd View Post
                            So, for those of you who have finished the hiring process and are anxiously waiting for the "the call," hopefully this information helps out. Approximately 1 out of every 4 people in the eligibility gets selected for any given academy, which is pretty good considering the thousands of applicants. Unfortunately, about 75% are not gonna make it. Now, the hiring process could take anywhere from 6 months to over 2 years, depending on the needs of the department. FYI the next academy is in October, 2015. I'm not sure of the exact day, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                              There's a lot of running -outdoors- at the academy. You do know that you will have to pass a medical during the background process?
                              Yes.......I know. That's why I was asking for tips and I've passed the medical check for other jobs.

Comment

• Check with your doctor and see if there's any medication that can help you, but if you're having trouble with asthma that's triggered by allergies, this might not be the job for you. Police work is mostly done outdoors, unless you get a desk job, but that usually doesn't happen for a while.

Originally posted by Miss_O'Brien View Post
                                Yes.......I know. That's why I was asking for tips and I've passed the medical check for other jobs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5915 users online. 190 members and 5725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X