Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I had my one on one psych exam with the psychologist about a week ago and I haven't gotten a call for the August academy. Should I be worried that I was DQ'ed or maybe the 248 class is just filled up?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dus10who View Post
      I had my one on one psych exam with the psychologist about a week ago and I haven't gotten a call for the August academy. Should I be worried that I was DQ'ed or maybe the 248 class is just filled up?
      No news is good news. From what I know, there's 1 more academy this year after the August academy. I think the 248 might be filled but there are 3-5 more academies next year.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wises View Post
        I've been waiting quite some time now, would it be possible to do a follow up call or should I just continue to wait?

        I have been in the process for another agency 9 months . If warrant you , call and ask a question . The process is long


        Comment


        • Hello everyone,
          This is my first time posting on here and I have my WSTB test on Saturday at Evergreen. I have come down with some sort of wheeze/cough, should I reschedule or just tough it out? Not sure if it's going to impact my running. Also, any tips for the agility course, jumping the walls, or the sprint/run? Thank you in advance.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Miss_O'Brien View Post
            Hello everyone,
            This is my first time posting on here and I have my WSTB test on Saturday at Evergreen. I have come down with some sort of wheeze/cough, should I reschedule or just tough it out? Not sure if it's going to impact my running. Also, any tips for the agility course, jumping the walls, or the sprint/run? Thank you in advance.
            Hi Miss O'Brien,

            You'll go all out on the sit-ups/push-ups and sprint. If you're able to catch your breath quickly then you should be fine. The trigger pull will tire out your forearms/triceps. The obstacle course is fine as long as you use the running start to jump up on the wall...don't lose the forward momentum with running towards the wall. I'm 5' 4" and got over no problem.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Coppycop View Post
              Hi Miss O'Brien,

              You'll go all out on the sit-ups/push-ups and sprint. If you're able to catch your breath quickly then you should be fine. The trigger pull will tire out your forearms/triceps. The obstacle course is fine as long as you use the running start to jump up on the wall...don't lose the forward momentum with running towards the wall. I'm 5' 4" and got over no problem.
              Thank you so much for your reply but I am trying to opt out of the sit-ups/push-ups test by taking the WSTB test. I'm going for the SFPD and my test is tomorrow. It includes a 500 yard sprint, 1.5 mi run in less than 14 mins, 99 yard obstacle course, and the two (solid/chain) 6' wall climb. =)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Miss_O'Brien View Post
                Hello everyone,
                This is my first time posting on here and I have my WSTB test on Saturday at Evergreen. I have come down with some sort of wheeze/cough, should I reschedule or just tough it out? Not sure if it's going to impact my running. Also, any tips for the agility course, jumping the walls, or the sprint/run? Thank you in advance.
                I say tough it out. I did the WSTB in San Jose a few weeks ago too. Just a heads up, they do the run first and there's a slight incline the first half mile. I'm not sure about their reschedule policy, unless you want to spend another 100$. When you use those scores instead for SFPD, they'll just make you do the trigger pull. But, when you do get into an academy, expect tons of push-ups, sit-ups and burpees. For the wall and fence, as you get up, try to swing your leg over so you don't slip off.

                Comment


                • Join the Marine Unit and ride one of these...

                  marine.jpg

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MKAT44 View Post
                    I say tough it out. I did the WSTB in San Jose a few weeks ago too. Just a heads up, they do the run first and there's a slight incline the first half mile. I'm not sure about their reschedule policy, unless you want to spend another 100$. When you use those scores instead for SFPD, they'll just make you do the trigger pull. But, when you do get into an academy, expect tons of push-ups, sit-ups and burpees. For the wall and fence, as you get up, try to swing your leg over so you don't slip off.
                    Thank you MKAT44!
                    I didn't get your reply until today but thank you for the tips! I was able to pass everything BUT the 1.5mi. Got to the midway point at 8 minutes and my asthma kicked my ***. I'm bruised as hell from the wall but I did it and I'm so proud of myself!! Hopefully I can build up my endurance with my asthma and finish the 1.5mi. Thank you again!!!

                    Comment


                    • SFPD Testing

                      To help out new recruits, I have uniforms for discounted price. New recruits are looking at spending $500 or more on uniforms alone. I don't need mine anymore so pm me and you can save a little money

                      Comment


                      • If you don't get any buyers, you can donate them to the Academy.
                        Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
                        To help out new recruits, I have uniforms for discounted price. New recruits are looking at spending $500 or more on uniforms alone. I don't need mine anymore so pm me and you can save a little money

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                          If you don't get any buyers, you can donate them to the Academy.
                          Good idea, although I bought them loan so I gotta pay someone back

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Miss_O'Brien View Post
                            Thank you MKAT44!
                            I didn't get your reply until today but thank you for the tips! I was able to pass everything BUT the 1.5mi. Got to the midway point at 8 minutes and my asthma kicked my ***. I'm bruised as hell from the wall but I did it and I'm so proud of myself!! Hopefully I can build up my endurance with my asthma and finish the 1.5mi. Thank you again!!!
                            No worries and you're welcome. You can redo the 1.5 miles when ever you want but you would still have to pay the full 100$ even though it's just the run.

                            Comment


                            • What size are the uniforms?

                              Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
                              Good idea, although I bought them loan so I gotta pay someone back

                              Comment


                              • XL shirts, I have 5. And 5 XL pt shorts . XL outer jacket, 3 hats

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11684 users online. 469 members and 11215 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X