300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post deleted
    Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:53 PM. Reason: No longer using this blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
      Hey guys , I am in the process with Oakland police , will be done with process soon and consider for an academy. How long is the process with SFPD ? Just curious .
      About twice as long as others.

Comment

• Post deleted
        Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-15-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone, just had my final step today and relieved that all the testing is done. Today was my Psych eval and was told the presentations are tomorrow (7/16/2015) in the morning and calls will start going out that afternoon. I don't know if anyone knows anything different or more info but thought I'd spread my info. Also, heard August 3 is the start for the next academy. Good luck to everyone getting presented and looking to get the call.

Comment

• How long after you were notified that you passed the Oral did you recieve a call to turn in your packet. Sorry for the hassle

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles2194 View Post
              How long after you were notified that you passed the Oral did you recieve a call to turn in your packet. Sorry for the hassle
              They'll send an email and give you about a week to turn in your packet. For example: I was notified May 20th this year that I passed my oral. Then, they sent me a separate email stating that I have from June 2nd to June 9th to send in my packet. I know some candidates get an email a week later to send in their packets and some months later. I have 2 buddies who graduated this past May and it took them about 8 months to get hired. It took my cousin about a year and she was in the 234. For me, it's now a waiting game. Hope this helps and good luck!
              Last edited by MKAT44; 07-16-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Anyone get the call yet for the August academy? Or know when they should be going out? Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• I just got the call back from the Sergeant. I'm in the August academy. It starts the 3rd. GOODLUCK everybody!

Comment

• Congratulations to those of you who have been selected to the 248.

Comment

• Originally posted by WC1911 View Post

It depends

Comment

• Calls went out yesterday and today. Orientation is 7/30.

Originally posted by Z.Compliant_One View Post
                        For the possible upcoming August Academy does anybody know when the call will go out? I hear they do 2 weeks in advance but that is speculation.

Comment

• Post deleted
                          Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 03:33 PM. Reason: No longer using blog

Comment

• It all depends, some can take a few months while others wait a couple of years.
                            Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
                            Hey guys , I'm an outsider . I am in the process with Oakland pd being consider for November academy . I applied in November and will be 12 months once the academy starts . I'm surprise to hear SfPD process can be done within 8 months .

Comment

• Originally posted by WC1911 View Post
                              "Twice as long as others" is not true. We have a recruit going into the August academy who first applied in April. Another recruit is coming up on 2 years since he first applied.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                                "Twice as long as others" is not true. We have a recruit going into the August academy who first applied in April. Another recruit is coming up on 2 years since he first applied.
                                I've been waiting quite some time now, would it be possible to do a follow up call or should I just continue to wait?

Here's my timeline just for those that are curious.

Written Test Results - 06/05/2014
                                Physical Ability Test - 08/17/2014
                                Oral Interview - 09/20/2014
                                Personal History Question (received the email) - 12/05/2014
                                Background packet due - 12/14/2014
                                Background general Meeting - 01/14/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8072 users online. 226 members and 7846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X