Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still in backgrounds as of now. Last I spoke with my BI was on 3/30/15. No news is good news.

Comment

• I took the written Test on April 11 at noon. I got my result on April 17. I received an email yesterday April 30 that Im scheduled to take the Pat on June 7. Any tips for taking the PAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles2194 View Post
        I took the written Test on April 11 at noon. I got my result on April 17. I received an email yesterday April 30 that Im scheduled to take the Pat on June 7. Any tips for taking the PAT.
        you will receive an email from SFPD giving you a link to a PAT video. It shows you everything
        make sure you can do the situps and pushups...
        trigger pull looks easier than done... when I took it, people said they were strengthening their arm and hand by squeezing tennis balls...

If you watch the video though, you will see... good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles2194 View Post
          I took the written Test on April 11 at noon. I got my result on April 17. I received an email yesterday April 30 that Im scheduled to take the Pat on June 7. Any tips for taking the PAT.
          Definitely work on strengthening your grip for trigger pulls. I really underestimated how tiring it would be. Also, you might want to find a 6 foot wall to see if you can get over it smoothly. I didn't really practice that part and going over the wall the first time was not as quick as I wanted. Sit ups and push ups are easy enough.

Comment

• Hey guys been checking out posts on the forum for awhile now and all the info is great. I just had my triage meeting or cattle call today, 05/06/2015, and am wondering the next steps or what the average time it takes for a BI to contact you? I wish everyone luck in the hiring process and look forward to insight.
            Last edited by ccarroll; 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccarroll View Post
              Hey guys been checking out posts on the forum for awhile now and all the info is great. I just had my triage meeting or cattle call today, 05/06/2015, and am wondering the next steps or what the average time it takes for a BI to contact you? Also, I'm a little paranoid about some past very short term drug use when I was involved with competitive athletics in 2011. Is anything besides that one time you smoked marijuana an automatic disqualification? The Sergeant had me fill out a form explaining the circumstances and didn't seem to bat an eye but wasn't sure if anyone had any insight into this. I think I also saw her put my packet into a different pile then other packets I saw, but that can be straight paranoia on my part. I wish everyone luck in the hiring process and look forward to insight.
              I think my BI contacted me about one month after the triage. I can't speak to how much they'll weigh on the drug use though.

On an unrelated note, I just was reading the last few pages and noticed that people's BI are presenting their file to hiring board after medical/ psych/ and polys are already done. My BI called me two Fridays ago saying she was getting ready to present my file, but I haven't done my medical, poly or psych. Did I mishear? It seems weird that she would present my file when I haven't completed any of those test.

Comment

• Originally posted by califtfornia View Post
                I think my BI contacted me about one month after the triage. I can't speak to how much they'll weigh on the drug use though.

On an unrelated note, I just was reading the last few pages and noticed that people's BI are presenting their file to hiring board after medical/ psych/ and polys are already done. My BI called me two Fridays ago saying she was getting ready to present my file, but I haven't done my medical, poly or psych. Did I mishear? It seems weird that she would present my file when I haven't completed any of those test.
                That's probably for the conditional offer

Comment

• Is the June 8th Academy still a go??

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Unit View Post
                    Is the June 8th Academy still a go??
                    Yes

Comment

• When will they be picking people and making calls?

Comment

• Calls go out Friday.
                        Originally posted by jdh17 View Post
                        When will they be picking people and making calls?

Comment

• Originally posted by WC1911 View Post
                          That's probably for the conditional offer
                          so it's Pysch/poly/med then conditional offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Compliant_One View Post
                            so it's Pysch/poly/med then conditional offer?
                            Conditional offer, poly, med, psych, home visit.... But could be different for others depending on schedule.
                            Last edited by WC1911; 05-21-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• what's up everyone. i was just catching up on what i missed on the forums. I've submitted my background packet on 02/16/15. right now i'm just waiting to see what's next and from reading most of all other post i believe would just be waiting for a background investigator to be assigned to me. my guess is since i'm out of state all the way on the East Coast it's a little more complicated to work that out.

Comment

• Got the call. Good luck to all!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11586 users online. 455 members and 11131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X