300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next week.
    The April academy has been moved up a week to April 13th.

Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
    Hiring meeting is when?

Comment

• hello everyone,

i'm new to posting but i've been reading the forums since i took interest in the position 08/2014.. I just had a quick question that since i've been reading doesn't appear to have been asked. i just like a few others have sent my background packet in on 2/16..i received an email regarding a background meeting that was not mandatory for me to attend if i am not an Bay Area resident. I live in NJ..i noticed others mention meetings with their BIs and all this but how would it work for me living on the other side of the country. Also how long from when your background packet is submitted till you received any notification in email or phone call that you've been assigned a BI? thank you in advanced for any information.

Comment

• Originally posted by KARL315 View Post
        hello everyone,

i'm new to posting but i've been reading the forums since i took interest in the position 08/2014.. I just had a quick question that since i've been reading doesn't appear to have been asked. i just like a few others have sent my background packet in on 2/16..i received an email regarding a background meeting that was not mandatory for me to attend if i am not an Bay Area resident. I live in NJ..i noticed others mention meetings with their BIs and all this but how would it work for me living on the other side of the country. Also how long from when your background packet is submitted till you received any notification in email or phone call that you've been assigned a BI? thank you in advanced for any information.
        I think for me it was a little over 2 months from the time i submitted my packet before they let me know I was assigned a BI investigator.

Comment

• Are calls going out next week or first week of April??

Comment

• Hiring meeting is next week. Calls may go out Friday or early the following week.

Originally posted by K-9Unit View Post
            Are calls going out next week or first week of April??

Comment

• Some recent sample timelines:

In state applicant:

09/27/11 - Written Exam

11/01/11 - Written Exam Results

11/30/11 - Eligibility List Score

02/27/12 - Oral Board (Departmental) Interview

03/02/12 - Physical Agility Test

03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ

03/09/12 - Departmental Interview Results

03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline

05/01/12 - Forensic Drug Test (Hair sample & finger prints)

10/19/12 - Background Interview and conditional offer

10/31/12 - Polygraph Exam & Results

11/05/12 - Medical Exam & Drug Test

11/08/12 - Third Party Drug Test

11/17/12 - Written Psychological

11/26/12 - Medical Exam Results - Abnormal hearing

11/27/12 - Hearing in Noise Test (HINT)

11/29/12 - Home Visit

12/08/12 - Oral Psychological Exam

12/??/12 - Final Interview

Out of state applicant:

Aug/2011 - Written Exam

Sept/2011 - Written Exam Results

end of Oct/2011 - Eligibility List Score

02/2012 - Oral Interview

02/2012 - Physical Agility Test

03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ

03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline

05/2012 - Triage (Forensic Drug Test-- Hair sample & finger prints)

5/2012 - Background Interview and conditional offer

05/2012 - Polygraph Exam & Results

05/2012 - Medical Exam & Drug Test

05/2012 - Third Party Drug Test

05/2012 - Written Psychological

05/2012 Oral Psych

09/27/2012-Academy Orientation

09/28/2012-Gall's uniform fitting

10/3/2012 1st day of Academy

QUOTE=KARL315;3620724]hello everyone,

i'm new to posting but i've been reading the forums since i took interest in the position 08/2014.. I just had a quick question that since i've been reading doesn't appear to have been asked. i just like a few others have sent my background packet in on 2/16..i received an email regarding a background meeting that was not mandatory for me to attend if i am not an Bay Area resident. I live in NJ..i noticed others mention meetings with their BIs and all this but how would it work for me living on the other side of the country. Also how long from when your background packet is submitted till you received any notification in email or phone call that you've been assigned a BI? thank you in advanced for any information.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                anyone in the SFPD process? Q002?
                I took PAT - passed
                I took Oral - passed
                I got an "Interested" or "Not Interested" email update today 3/24/2015 - I selected "interested".
                Waiting for next step.

Comment

• Hopefully some of us will be getting THE CALL soon ! Good luck to all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by havedirection View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    anyone in the SFPD process? Q002?
                    I took PAT - passed
                    I took Oral - passed
                    I got an "Interested" or "Not Interested" email update today 3/24/2015 - I selected "interested".
                    Waiting for next step.
                    Hey buddy, I'm in the same process. I just took the oral boards last Saturday and got an email a couple days ago saying I passed and that Ill be put on a eligibility list that came out today. How long ago did you take your oral board?

Comment

• I am not sure if anyone has any insight into this, but if you're being presented to the hiring board, is your chance of being selected at least greater than a coin-flip at this point?

Comment

• Hey everyone, just stumbled on this Forum. I just finished my medical exam and got done with the rest of the process about a week ago. Just waiting on my BI to give me a call or email me about the results. Id like to know what happens after an X amount of people pass the hiring board, do they create a pool of candidates that passed it all and pull from there, or do they only choose enough for one class at a time?

Comment

• Yes.
                          Originally posted by c_ellington View Post
                          I am not sure if anyone has any insight into this, but if you're being presented to the hiring board, is your chance of being selected at least greater than a coin-flip at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Blue View Post
                            Hey buddy, I'm in the same process. I just took the oral boards last Saturday and got an email a couple days ago saying I passed and that Ill be put on a eligibility list that came out today. How long ago did you take your oral board?
                            Mr. Blue, I think it was around Feb. 21st ,2015 for the Oral.
                            Yesterday (3/26) I received an email about filling out a PHS online and sending in the BI packet via mail. Deadline for that packet is 4/6/15.

Comment

• A pool is created. Classes are chosen from this pool.
                              Originally posted by Rickkk View Post
                              Hey everyone, just stumbled on this Forum. I just finished my medical exam and got done with the rest of the process about a week ago. Just waiting on my BI to give me a call or email me about the results. Id like to know what happens after an X amount of people pass the hiring board, do they create a pool of candidates that passed it all and pull from there, or do they only choose enough for one class at a time?

Comment

• Good luck everyone!! I got the call! see you guys!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7545 users online. 406 members and 7139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X