Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can communicate effectively, you are desirable. Let your BI know that you speak Spanish.

Originally posted by SgtMcN View Post
    What is the proficiency criteria for the language? I was stationed in Madrid, Spain, State Department mandated that we learn Spanish, was able to get around town well enough, interact with host nationals and I had a Spanish girlfriend. I didn't claim I spoke Spanish on the application because I did not have any school courses in it. In my current occupation, in order to get the language pay "bump" you have to be fluent in the language. I am far from fluent.
    Based on the above question, is it too late to make that claim if you have already submitted your application? Can I state I have entry level/beginners knowledge of Spanish?

Comment

• Second language & LEO experience, smooth background & clean driving record. I am hoping for a spot good luck to everyone, we will get there sooner or later, just be patient. Be safe everyone.

Comment

• williampenn,

I have a couple a questions about the application process

Do you know when the current hiring period will end?

And I graduated from college, does the department still need my high school transcripts and diploma?

Thanks for all you insight into the process on this forum.

Comment

• There is no "end" in sight-continuous hiring until adequate staffing levels have been met.
          Yes, you will still need your high school transcripts and diploma.

Originally posted by Trifecta View Post
          williampenn,

I have a couple a questions about the application process

Do you know when the current hiring period will end?

And I graduated from college, does the department still need my high school transcripts and diploma?

Thanks for all you insight into the process on this forum.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Wanted to see what everyone thought about this. And I'd love williampenn's two cents as well ...

I wanted to ask about how a candidate's past drug use will affect their ability to be hired.

I'm in my early 30s now. But in junior high I smoked marijuana maybe 30 times. I never smoked it in high school. I did it once more in college. Then once in 2009. I never liked it as it made me sleepy and nervous, so not sure why I tried it again.

Also, someone let me try cocaine once in junior high as well. I'm not sure it was legit or what as it didn't really have an affect on me, but still, I did it thinking it was cocaine so in my mind I'm guilty.

Will these disqualify me from getting hired?

I've never been arrested. I've only had two speeding tickets. I have great credit and been gainfully employed since graduating college, so I'm not a totally terrible person.

Anyway, any light that can shed on this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

• I replied to your pm.
              Originally posted by Trifecta View Post
              Hey everyone,

Wanted to see what everyone thought about this. And I'd love williampenn's two cents as well ...

I wanted to ask about how a candidate's past drug use will affect their ability to be hired.

I'm in my early 30s now. But in junior high I smoked marijuana maybe 30 times. I never smoked it in high school. I did it once more in college. Then once in 2009. I never liked it as it made me sleepy and nervous, so not sure why I tried it again.

Also, someone let me try cocaine once in junior high as well. I'm not sure it was legit or what as it didn't really have an affect on me, but still, I did it thinking it was cocaine so in my mind I'm guilty.

Will these disqualify me from getting hired?

I've never been arrested. I've only had two speeding tickets. I have great credit and been gainfully employed since graduating college, so I'm not a totally terrible person.

Anyway, any light that can shed on this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

• Good luck everyone for the next few weeks!

Comment

• Anyone have oral board interviews coming up soon?! Im excited for mine oddly enough

Comment

• I am assuming calls are going out the first week of April?

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Unit View Post
                      I am assuming calls are going out the first week of April?
                      I am guessing the same thing. When is the meeting and candidate presentation to the Lt's, this week?

Comment

• Here's the complete module for the hiring process if you guys haven't seen it.

http://www.sf-police.org/Modules/Sho...cumentid=24558

Comment

• My boss just got the background letter. This was an awkward morning in the office, as she did not know I was seeking other employment.

Comment

• M
                            Originally posted by califtfornia View Post
                            My boss just got the background letter. This was an awkward morning in the office, as she did not know I was seeking other employment.
                            She'll get over it. What's she going to do? Not give you a recommendation? Unless your boss is also your girlfriend, I wouldn't worry about it. You still have a way to go before actually being offered a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtMcN View Post
                              M
                              She'll get over it. What's she going to do? Not give you a recommendation? Unless your boss is also your girlfriend, I wouldn't worry about it. You still have a way to go before actually being offered a job.
                              The only thing I was worried about was if for some reason I get DQ'ed from being considered for the academy that my opportunity at my current job may be limited since she knows I am looking for other employment. But that doesn't matter now since I'm pretty set on leaving either way. Have you gone through the background process already? At what point do they usually have you do your medical and psych evaluation?
                              Cheers!

Comment

• Hiring meeting is when?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6768 users online. 342 members and 6426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X