300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
    Wonder if anyone can give me an answer on this. I met with my BI December 3rd, 2014. I haven't heard anything since then. I emailed and left a message but still no response. I hear some BI meet with their candidates then head out on vacation?
    When I was going through the process, I only heard from my BI when I was scheduled to take tests and then two weeks before the hiring meeting that I was being presented at. My packet skipped one of the hiring meetings and it was a few months before I heard anything from my BI.

I never once called or emailed my BI, because I was told not to.

The academy isn't until April, so unless you need to take one of the tests to complete your background, you most likely aren't going to hear from your BI until it gets closer to the hiring meeting date. Each BI has multiple candidates, and they aren't going to return everyone's calls or emails.

I would just wait until it gets closer to the academy dates before you start worrying about not hearing from your BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
      Wonder if anyone can give me an answer on this. I met with my BI December 3rd, 2014. I haven't heard anything since then. I emailed and left a message but still no response. I hear some BI meet with their candidates then head out on vacation?
      Call your listed references and see if they have received letters from your BI and it's about ~1-1/2 months from there. Every single person you listed in your PHQ should get a letter (parents, siblings, landlords, references, etc.). Some BIs are part time and try to find out what days he/she works and try calling them between 10am to 4pm. If you haven't received a DQ letter, you are probably still good to go.

Comment

• April 20, June, August, October ---upcoming academies.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
          April 20, June, August, October ---upcoming academies.
          Sweet...

Comment

April 20, June, August, October ---upcoming academies.
            Thanks for the great news!

Comment

• what's the selection rate/percentage for the hiring board assuming I passed preemployment medical already?

Comment

• Originally posted by DE View Post
                what's the selection rate/percentage for the hiring board assuming I passed preemployment medical already?
                I think psych eval has the heaviest weight. My BI told me the final hiring board meeting will consist of your BI, LTs, and your psych doc. If your psych doc says you're not fit to be a cop, you're pretty much done even if you pass everything else. You can appeal but I don't know what the percentage of them overturning the doc's decision. I was fortunate to have my interview with my doc to be positive and that he will make a "gtg recommendation". But still the final decision is with the LTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WC1911 View Post
                  I think psych eval has the heaviest weight. My BI told me the final hiring board meeting will consist of your BI, LTs, and your psych doc. If your psych doc says you're not fit to be a cop, you're pretty much done even if you pass everything else. You can appeal but I don't know what the percentage of them overturning the doc's decision. I was fortunate to have my interview with my doc to be positive and that he will make a "gtg recommendation". But still the final decision is with the LTs.
                  i had my psych done in DEC, they never told me is GTG or No go, i am finishing up my preemployment medical tomorrow. Hope to see you all soon!

Comment

• Lots of variables to consider in the selection process. Those with little or no issues get looked at before others. Some are fast-tracked depending on the needs of the Department, for example--Spanish speakers are in high demand.
                    Originally posted by DE View Post
                    what's the selection rate/percentage for the hiring board assuming I passed preemployment medical already?

Comment

• Oh, I am a chinese speaker! Hopefully is in high demand also!

Comment

• Deleted post
                        Last edited by MKAT44; 06-14-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Mandarin, Cantonese---also highly desirable.
                          Originally posted by DE View Post
                          Oh, I am a chinese speaker! Hopefully is in high demand also!

Comment

• Thanks williampenn for all the info! For those eyeing an April academy, anybody from out of state? And to the others...where is everybody going to live during the academy?

Comment

• Some people have been asking what they can do to increase their chances of getting selected for these upcoming academies. When you are going up against several hundred other applicants with almost identical background histories, the one thing you can do to make yourself stand out is to know another language-especially Spanish or Cantonese/Mandarin. This is a BIG plus when it comes to choosing a candidate.

Comment

Some people have been asking what they can do to increase their chances of getting selected for these upcoming academies. When you are going up against several hundred other applicants with almost identical background histories, the one thing you can do to make yourself stand out is to know another language-especially Spanish or Cantonese/Mandarin. This is a BIG plus when it comes to choosing a candidate.
                                What is the proficiency criteria for the language? I was stationed in Madrid, Spain, State Department mandated that we learn Spanish, was able to get around town well enough, interact with host nationals and I had a Spanish girlfriend. I didn't claim I spoke Spanish on the application because I did not have any school courses in it. In my current occupation, in order to get the language pay "bump" you have to be fluent in the language. I am far from fluent.
                                Based on the above question, is it too late to make that claim if you have already submitted your application? Can I state I have entry level/beginners knowledge of Spanish?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12723 users online. 476 members and 12247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X