300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mg0328 View Post
    ..... The letters were being sent out this week to the people I put down as references
    Question:

1. what is actually said in the letters that are sent out?

2. Would it matter that many of my contacts are overseas (as I lived last several years overseas)?

Originally posted by williampenn
    The BI goes before the Capt., Lt., & Sgts., of BI to present your case. The psychologist is also present.
    3. Of all steps -- oral board, written test, backgrounds, psych, captains interview (etc etc), I wonder which step is seen most important in the eyes of sfpd's final decision on you?

Comment

• I'm sure all steps are equally important because if you get dq from one, you're done with the process

Comment

• I'm ready guys

Comment

• Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
          I'm ready guys
          Have you heard anything yet, calcava?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mg0328 View Post
            Spoke to my BI today and am not going to be eligible for January. The letters were being sent out this week to the people I put down as references
            hey mg0328, how do you contact your bi, do you email or call him usually?

Comment

• I have my BI contact information.

Extracube- I am not 100% sure what is in the letter. And I don't know if overseas contacts would matter. some of my contacts are overseas as well and I've never had an issue with that.

Comment

• #1:
                How long have you known the candidate
                Relationship to candidate
                Opinion regarding specific characteristics of the candidate--common sense, judgment, appearance/grooming, work habits, ability to handle stress, communications skills, biases or prejudices, punctuality, dependability, extended work absences, integrity, alcohol or drug abuse, reasons why the candidate should NOT be a police officer.
                #2:
                If overseas references don't respond to the questionnaire, your file might be set aside until this document has been received.
                #3:
                Each step is a stepping stone, you can't proceed without completing each one, but in the end, if the psychologist doesn't believe you to be a good candidate, he conveys that at the meeting and that decision is seldom overruled.
                Originally posted by extracube View Post
                Question:

1. what is actually said in the letters that are sent out?

2. Would it matter that many of my contacts are overseas (as I lived last several years overseas)?

3. Of all steps -- oral board, written test, backgrounds, psych, captains interview (etc etc), I wonder which step is seen most important in the eyes of sfpd's final decision on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                  Does the bi recommendation has a lot of weight to it when it comes to making a selection?

Yes

Comment

• Phone calls began last week and will continue until all selected candidates have been notified.
                    Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                    Notifications will only be through calls and letters right? What about emails?

Comment

• Anybody get a call yet?

Comment

• How many have been selected altogether for the January class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                          How many have been selected altogether for the January class?
                          Did u get a call?

Comment

• Not yet, I'm by my phone 24/7 just in case though lol. What about you? I wonder if the bi is going to be the one making the call

Comment

• I don't know how it works but I didn't get a call yet either

Comment

• I've been checking my mail everyday to make sure I don't receive that dreaded non-select letter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10243 users online. 492 members and 9751 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X