300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by extracube View Post
    Well, it's been a week and a half and no email about my oral board. And with the Thanksgiving weekend coming up, hmmm.... Daunt or anyone else get yours from recent oral boards?
    Been out of town, I just received notice this morning that I was recommended to continue to backgrounds.
    Does anyone know how the ranking system works for SFPD?

Also, my best wishes go out to all of you here that are in contention for the January academy.
    Please don't forget about the rest of us once you start. If you guys have a couple minutes a week to let us know how you guys are doing in the academy that would be great! Good luck brothers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauntless45 View Post
      Been out of town, I just received notice this morning that I was recommended to continue to backgrounds.

Also, my best wishes go out to all of you here that are in contention for the January academy.
      Please don't forget about the rest of us once you start. If you guys have a couple minutes a week to let us know how you guys are doing in the academy that would be great! Good luck brothers!
      I don't think the ranking really matters much to be honest. I wasn't ranked that high but I got assigned a BI and made it through here. I'm hoping that I'm a college grad in criminal justice and a bilingual speaker would help me get selected haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
        I don't know.. Lol just going to wait and see
        As long as we don't get that dressed non-select letter, I'll be happy with that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
          As long as we don't get that dressed non-select letter, I'll be happy with that lol
          True

Comment

True
            Oops, dreaded* freaking autocorrect

Comment

Thanks for chiming in.
              Also got my confirmation email today. Quite a relief.

Email states I am on a tentative eligible list, and I don't even know what that is. Says list will be viewable after December 11th (online or at 1 Van Ness).

I'm assuming that having a lower converted/total score in the 700s doesn't bode as well as a guy in the 1000s? Also anyone know how the "Rank" score works -- does a 1 or 2 mean you are top, and an 8 or 10 mean low?

Comment

I don't think the ranking really matters much to be honest. I wasn't ranked that high but I got assigned a BI and made it through here. I'm hoping that I'm a college grad in criminal justice and a bilingual speaker would help me get selected haha.
                College grad CJ and bilingual sounds pretty good. I'm also bilingual (but not highly common language), however I have associates not BA. I'm assuming "Rank" will make the big difference on the last stage when being pegged for academy entrance.

Comment

• So anyone get a call?

Comment

• I wonder if they did it today, or is it some other day this week

Comment

• Originally posted by extracube View Post
                      Thanks for chiming in.
                      Also got my confirmation email today. Quite a relief.

Email states I am on a tentative eligible list, and I don't even know what that is. Says list will be viewable after December 11th (online or at 1 Van Ness).

I'm assuming that having a lower converted/total score in the 700s doesn't bode as well as a guy in the 1000s? Also anyone know how the "Rank" score works -- does a 1 or 2 mean you are top, and an 8 or 10 mean low?
                      According to Jen Lo, the rank in the email we just received is based solely on the video portion of the NTN test.
                      My rank was 8. There are 580 other candidates on the E130 list at rank 8 or better.

I've read that SF gets somewhere around 3,500 per each eligible list (not sure if that is accurate), if that is true, then 8 isn't too bad in my book. That would be in the top 20%.
                      Once again, I don't know if that number is accurate though.

Comment

According to Jen Lo, the rank in the email we just received is based solely on the video portion of the NTN test.
                        My rank was 8. There are 580 other candidates on the E130 list at rank 8 or better.

I've read that SF gets somewhere around 3,500 per each eligible list (not sure if that is accurate), if that is true, then 8 isn't too bad in my book. That would be in the top 20%.
                        Once again, I don't know if that number is accurate though.
                        And I'm assuming that education, languages and work experience play a major role in the ranking system afterward

Comment

• Calcava, let's hope that a lot of ppl failed their backgrounds, poly, psych and medical lol. Less competition for us

Comment

Calcava, let's hope that a lot of ppl failed their backgrounds, poly, psych and medical lol. Less competition for us
                            Lol I am sure there are plenty of good candidates

Comment

Lol I am sure there are plenty of good candidates
                              I know lol, I'm just anxious

Comment

• I have seen a pattern of the calls going out two weeks prior to academy, and if it's in January do the math. The hiring meeting is supposedly this week according to a couple sources so who know when we will hear something !!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7227 users online. 258 members and 6969 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X