Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clarify: has anyone received a specific email from SFPD claiming they received your background packet and it is being considered. Or are people simply referring to the email saying "you pasted the oral/physical and your name has been forwarded on to background" that was sent recently?
    Last edited by RBurgundy; 03-08-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• RBurgundy, I know the feeling. Some people I know have received their call for an appointment for their hair sample/B.I meeting, but received no emails after the "passed oral/physical" email. I think the only thing anyone can do now is wait, work out, and hope the call comes!

Comment

• How did they determine who should be in wave 1, 2, 3, or 4? They initially said the "integrity inventory" was what would place a candidate, but I heard they totally dropped that. So is it the written score? Or is it random? I guess no one knows for sure.
        Last edited by caideN; 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• RBurgundy - I totally feel your pain. I looked into Boston PD and NYPD years back. Rather out of state or local, the whole process with SF seems to be a bit of a mess. From what I've been told and have experienced first hand, SF seems to have a pretty good department. However, the hiring process pre-hiring freeze (2009?) was a lot more streamlined. I'm hoping they at least notify those who have been DQ'd from the backgrounds...the ones that never even made it to an investigators desk. As far as getting someone to call you back from backgrounds, I wish you luck. Have you tried emailing them?

caideN - As far as how waves were picked... On the notice we received via postal mail for our Oral and PAT dates, I'm almost positive it stated it was on a random basis. I don't have the notice on hand, so not 100% sure.

Comment

• I would NOT panic yet. After taking the integrity inventory months ago, I heard zero from SFPD for months until I finally got my Oral and PAT dates. You will get a response soon but they are overwhelmed with applicants. There are simply not enough BG Investigators to process everyone at once.

Comment

• I got a question:

Does background investigator call you by phone or is their an email that is sent out? I am asking because SFPD hiring process is done by triage aka in groups. I am wondering that if SFPD does the initial phase in backgrounds with triage's, do they call every individual or do they send e-mails?

I would like to know, so I could be patiently waiting by the phone or e-mail or even both.

medina510

Comment

• From the SFPD website...

The San Francisco Police Department is seeking to hire 45 recruit officers this fiscal year which ends on June 30, 2012.
                The department will hire a number of officers next fiscal year, the exact amount is to be determined in the city budget process.
                The following Police Officer eligible lists will expire as follows:
                E128-1 September 15, 2012
                E128-2 October 6, 2012
                E128-3 (Lateral) January 12, 2013
                E128-4 Expiration date yet to be determined

Comment

• i am part of wave 2 so hopefully will get contacted by BI before oct. 6!

Comment

• Originally posted by PPANG View Post
                    i am part of wave 2 so hopefully will get contacted by BI before oct. 6!
                    Oct 6th is the expiration for list 128-2.you are 128-4 WAVE 4

Comment

• Looks like, I should not expect a call for awhile. Best wishes to everyone on a wave earlier than 128-4. I got the e-mail on Feb, and it states the expiration date of two years from letter.

Best wishes.

Thank you for your post YeahRightFoo, it was useful.

Comment

• Medina, 128-4 is our list, not our wave. Regardless, yes, us 128-4 listers have a while to wait. As for the 2 year expiration, that is somewhat arbitrary as lists 128-1 and 128-2 were extended and are slated for the academy in June. They were supposed to expire some time ago, but were extended. The same could easily happen with us on 128-4.

Comment

• The list can be extended one time for a One Year period. That is what happened to Lists 128-1 and 128-2.

Comment

• medina510- No problem! Glad to share the info.

So I am guessing the groups 128-1 and 128-2 tested before the hiring freeze?

Comment

• YeaRight-affirmative.one of my coworkers is 128-1 and is getting ready for the start date

Comment

• I just got a call from backgrounds to schedule my triage appointment. My appointment is in mid-April. I thought I wouldn't hear anything for at least a few months. Has anybody on here gone through the triage portion yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9461 users online. 376 members and 9085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X