300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by extracube View Post
    Glad you asked. Yah, me. Did you do your oral board last Sat? I did the 15th, wondering if you were same, cause I've been worried a couple days now.

No lie? If so, glad to hear it. Reason I ask is cause I got my PAT results pretty fast and basically knew I was good that day anyways (except trigger pulls). However I don't think I did so well on the oral board. The officers and I did not "jive" and wondered if that could be used against me, cause they were both quite senior and all serious like. Did a couple questions well (at least I thought), totally blew a couple questions (literally said, "sheesh, I don't know..." and rambled). I hadn't even shaved my face in preparation either, don't know if that counts..

I did participate on the 15th. My test time was 12:30.
    I am not worried about the pass/ fail of the oral board, just want to make sure I didn't miss an email.

In reference to your last comments, things like shaving and attire do not usually have an accommodation to be scored by your interviewers but the food for thought is: If you walk in and look like them, walk like them and talk like them, if you can make it a real behavior and not an act in their eyes, then you are (psychologically) one of them.
    Most interviewers take lack of effort in hygiene or dress as an insult to their time.

The key is to make them like who you are. Good answers alone don't cut it, personality alone doesn't cut it.
    I had a myriad of resources available to me to prep for my oral board, and it wasn't my first, so I was able to focus more on my behavior during the interview instead of my answers. If you practice answering and have the right advice it is very easy to produce a text book answer.

Comment

• You CAN participate in the ride-a-long as an applicant. You CANNOT participate in the ride-a-long if you have been hired and are going into the Academy.
      Originally posted by Dauntless45 View Post
      SFPD does not offer ride alongs to applicants.

Comment

• Not every applicant requests to do it. Those who want to participate have to fill out a request form and when it gets approved, they can go. This is how you can participate in a ride along with the SFPD when you are an applicant.
        Originally posted by Dauntless45 View Post
        SFPD has too many applicants to accommodate a ride along for each. They also roll in pairs for the most part so there isn't room in the car for those on the upside of the law.
        I am very fortunate to have a friend in a jurisdiction which overlaps SFPD's. He also has an awesome sergeant who gave me an open ticket to ride any time.
        It's not exactly the same as rolling with SFPD, but I have gotten a great view of what SFPD's workload looks like.
        I have ridden several times with 4 other departments and have never experienced anything like what I see in SF.
        It is an incredibly exciting environment.

Comment

• It depends on what day of the week, what time of day, what district, and the weather.
          Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
          How does sfpd workload looks like?

Comment

• DQ's do not get offers. Non-selects may and do get offers.
            Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
            Both mean you didn't get a final offer though

Comment

• Just to clarify-there is only ONE list now--that's the E130--and this is the list that is being worked on. It is unknown when this list will expire because of continuous testing. In the past, the lists were split up into sub-groups (E128-01, E128-02, etc.)--this hasn't been done for the E130 list so no one knows how HR is going to determine the expiration date. We're waiting to hear how this is going to play out.

Comment

• Does SFPD hire Lateral's frequently? Does it matter if they're from out of state? What does the hiring process look like for a lateral?
                Last edited by Ignite; 11-22-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• There you are williampenn !!

Comment

• Thanks Williampenn. I'm assuming you are an sfpd officer?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                      You CAN participate in the ride-a-long as an applicant. You CANNOT participate in the ride-a-long if you have been hired and are going into the Academy.
                      This is a direct copy and paste from a recruiting email I received in response to my ride along request: "Due to the large number of candidates, the SFPD does not provide Ride Along opportunities for candidates in the testing process."

I welcome any information regarding who I would speak to in order to participate in a ride along with SFPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                        Just to clarify-there is only ONE list now--that's the E130--and this is the list that is being worked on. It is unknown when this list will expire because of continuous testing. In the past, the lists were split up into sub-groups (E128-01, E128-02, etc.)--this hasn't been done for the E130 list so no one knows how HR is going to determine the expiration date. We're waiting to hear how this is going to play out.
                        Just saying, the paperwork I got says E-130-1. I don't know if that means the additional "-1" has been eliminated and if so what that means, or if perhaps you weren't aware there was (is still?) a "-1" as well. Actually I don't even know what E, or 130, or -1 all means anyways.

Comment

• Does anyone know when will the hiring board gets together to make their decision?

Comment

• Any other out of area applicants here who attended the general meeting in August?

Comment

• Laterals-local and out of state- are highly desirable and are usually hired above all other applicants. [/I][/I][/I]
                              Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                              Does SFPD hire Lateral's frequently? Does it matter if they're from out of state? What does the hiring process look like for a lateral?

Comment

• Williampenn, do you know when the hiring board will make their decision?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9313 users online. 527 members and 8786 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X