Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I was at the academy doing the psych exam, I was told that they're having a hard time filling the January class. Has anyone's BI confirmed this with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
      When I was at the academy doing the psych exam, I was told that they're having a hard time filling the January class. Has anyone's BI confirmed this with you?
      That's weird to me they would tell you that

Comment

When I was at the academy doing the psych exam, I was told that they're having a hard time filling the January class. Has anyone's BI confirmed this with you?
        Well you're done now aren't you??!

Comment

• Just medical left on the 24th and then I'm free! lol. And then it's the waiting game

Comment

• Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
            That's weird to me they would tell you that
            No sf pd officers told me that, it was the candidates there that told me. They told me that their BIs told them that

Comment

No sf pd officers told me that, it was the candidates there that told me. They told me that their BIs told them that
              He said she said

Comment

• Pretty much lol, but I was curious so I had to ask. If it is true, more space for us

Comment

• So where is everybody else at??

Comment

• Calcava, do you know when they will make a decision?

Comment

• Hi new user here, and a newish applicant as well. Think I am with the E-130-1 group.

Did written test back in Aug I believe and passed, did PAT on October 18th (Saturday) also pass. Almost a month since then and I still haven't mailed in my PHS to backgrounds. Does anyone know if I am too late (does anyone know what deadline there is to send in PHS?) I do have an oral board coming up this saturday, so I'm not sure if PHS must be in before the oral board?

Also medical question. I wear a knee sleeve on my right knee at all times (and wrap it with ace bandage if going hard). However consider myself quite agile anyhow. Does anyone know if medical evaluation is quite strenuous? Make you take off all supports and do heavy stuff during medical? I can do basic stuff without knee sleeve, wouldn't wanna run hard without though. Hope someone can help.

Comment

• I am sort of in the same boat as extracube. I finished my written, physical and my oral test back at the end of September. I haven't submitted my background packet yet, but have gathered everything. Am I suppose to submit my background packet as soon as I am notified that I passed the oral interview or do I have to wait for an email from the background unit? I called the background unit office twice and they said I should wait for an email, but after the orientation I received after the PAT, they told me to submit it as soon as I pass the oral portion. Anybody can help me out?

Also I can't take the PHQ until they send me some kind of code correct? Thanks and goodluck everybody.

Comment

• Hey Extracube and Califtfornia, let me see if I can answer your questions.
                          So I had my oral board back in April, and as soon as I finished my oral, I was sent to to a background seminar. At the seminar, they told my group to finish the packet, as soon as possible. I didn't find out about my oral board result until a week later. So regardless if you think you have passed or failed the oral board, just finish your packet as soon as possible.
                          Definitely gather all of your documents, but it's okay if you can't get your hands on some. Myself for example, wasn't able to get a hold of hs transcript by the due date, but I turned in my packet regardless. TURN IN YOUR PACKET by the due date, regardless if you're missing some documents because when you meet your BI, you can bring those documents in to show it to him or her. With the due date, I was given two weeks to finish my packet. I was given a due date at the seminar.
                          After that, it's a long waiting process for a BI. But stay positive and patient! Everything will move quickly once you get a BI

Comment

Hey Extracube and Califtfornia, let me see if I can answer your questions.
                            So I had my oral board back in April, and as soon as I finished my oral, I was sent to to a background seminar. At the seminar, they told my group to finish the packet, as soon as possible. I didn't find out about my oral board result until a week later. So regardless if you think you have passed or failed the oral board, just finish your packet as soon as possible.
                            Definitely gather all of your documents, but it's okay if you can't get your hands on some. Myself for example, wasn't able to get a hold of hs transcript by the due date, but I turned in my packet regardless. TURN IN YOUR PACKET by the due date, regardless if you're missing some documents because when you meet your BI, you can bring those documents in to show it to him or her. With the due date, I was given two weeks to finish my packet. I was given a due date at the seminar.
                            After that, it's a long waiting process for a BI. But stay positive and patient! Everything will move quickly once you get a BI
                            Hey thanks for the info! So I didn't get any due date at the orientation/seminar after the PAT when the Background unit gave their presentation. DO you think I should just send it in? I'm a bit worried I am getting farther and farther behind on the list since its been a month since my oral results.

Cheers.

Comment

• I would say contact the backgrounds unit. That's weird that they didn't tell you your due date. Did you receive an email saying you passed your oral board?

Comment

• Originally posted by califtfornia View Post
                                ...I haven't submitted my background packet yet, but have gathered everything....
                                Same here. Although I'm still waiting on a few more transcripts, everything else is printed, signed, and in the envelope ready to go. I'm holding out / delaying a bit for personal reasons.

However it looks like we're different in that I haven't been to my oral yet. I had the background lecture right after I finished PAT (same day) and I do recall the guy said / implied something like "I would think you should finish this all up by your (something something) board." Wasn't sure if it was oral board or not, and he definitely didn't give any set date.... Anyhow, that's all. A bit reassuring to hear I'm not the only one.... Edit: oh yah, like others on this thread, I emailed spfdbackgrounds days ago and nada, no reply.
                                Last edited by extracube; 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7807 users online. 394 members and 7413 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X