Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't include mine as well but I find it weird the BI at the orientation mentioned to include copies of SS card / DL / etc. All were listed but DL. No biggy I guess.

Comment

• Yes, instructions were somewhat confusing. I included a copy of my College diploma after looking at the numerous pages. I hope that doesn't get me DQ'd, because it specifically states it in the required documents, yet on another required documents page doesn't list it.

Comment

• thanks and good luck everyone! im looking forward to finding out who my background investigator is as well as WHEN we will find that out. If anyone is at that point please share ty

Comment

• From my understanding PPANG, that will happen at Triage. Some folks from waves 1 and 2 have done theirs last week, so depending on when you tested, that will determine your triage phone call/date.

Comment

• What is this Triage that you're talking about.

Comment

• Mario415...Triage is where you meet your B.I in person, sign a bunch of papers, and they take a dna sample of your hair. This happens before your psych and all the other j***.

Comment

• I did not include a copy of my DL because it was not requested.

ifaynshteyn - as far as "triage", hair sample? Where did you read or hear this? I have nothing to hide, just curious. It was my understanding that this was not part of the process. I agree with you though, yes, the instructions were somewhat confusing. It says one thing one place and not the other or we were told to do one thing and then told do another. Can be pretty frustrating.

Comment

• Deadballcobb. Iv been interning at SFPD for a while now, so I'v been keeping up with each step of the process.

Yes, they take a DNA hair sample for checking through the FBI database.It is definitely part of the process. The same day you will meet your B.I, and have other papers to sign. I know of 3 people or so who have done it thus far in the 128-4 list, a few of which I currently intern with. I suppose not all departments do it, but the SFPD most certainly do.

Basically, the phone call everyone is waiting for, is for triage. After triage its the psych/poly/yadayada.

As for the documents, it truly was a confusing mess. I'm pretty much pacing back and forth convincing myself everything will be okay because they asked for an item. Then I pace in other direction thinking I'm screwed...and all over again.
                  Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• ifaynshteyn - thanks for the info. Makes sense. I know of some other agencies that do not do this, so was just curious. Then again, that was a while back, may be different now.

Comment

• ifaynshteyn and deadballcobb: Although the "what to include in your background packet" instructions did not mention the driver's license, diplomas, etc., the instructions did mention to include the Required Documentation Checklist Form. On the document checklist form, the DL, diploma(s), etc. documents were listed as being required in your packet and although I did not send originals, I did include copies of these documents in my packet like you did. I also realize one of the instruction pages stated not to include additional items, but it is confusing having conflicting instructions. Hopefully my packet does not get tossed having these items in there but I was concerned it would get tossed if I had left them out. What are your thoughts?

Comment

• Same boat as you Vauxhaul, same thoughts/feelings and concerns. I know for a fact I didn't leave anything out, just afraid of something extra,lol.

Comment

• The "vital information" sheet should have all your driver license information, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Comment

• I was checking with others in the first wave and there was no call or triage. We will see what is in store for us. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

• CaideN, I hope so. I hope the same goes for the High school transcript/diploma shpiel. I'v provided every proof of education requested, hope its not "too much" proof at the wrong time -_-.

Comment

• Yes, now its just a waiting game. They will get to us sooner or later!
                                Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 03-15-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6239 users online. 232 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X