• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Clara County (San Jose Metro Area) Recruitment

Flyer for Deputy Sheriff Cadet

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/san...FwddxPacket%3E

Originally posted by CPDEMT View Post
    Thanks for posting! Finally a NorCal S.D. opens up!

Comment

thanks for the posting!

Comment

What's the Sheriff's Department up there like... goals / structure / pace / custody time?

Comment

Originally posted by avici_183 View Post
          What's the Sheriff's Department up there like... goals / structure / pace / custody time?
          The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office is a good agency with a number of specialized assignments. After completion of the academy, you may spend up to 18 months assigned to courts before going out on FTO. As a deputy sheriff, one is not required to work the jails since there is a seperate correctional deputy position that covers that. As far as pace; it all depends on what part of the county you are working. East San Jose can be a busy place, while west county cities like Cupertino or Saratoga are usually really slow. I don't work for The Santa Clara SO, but I am very familiar with the agency. There's a couple of guys here on the forums that work for them. Maybe one of them can give you a better idea of what the agency is like..

Good luck if you're testing..

Comment

I don't work for Santa Clara SO, but have been on calls with some of their deputies, and have done a number of inspections at their academy. All of their people who I've met are squared-away pros. They all seem to like their agency and are positive and upbeat. They also run an outstanding academy.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
              I don't work for Santa Clara SO, but have been on calls with some of their deputies, and have done a number of inspections at their academy. All of their people who I've met are squared-away pros. They all seem to like their agency and are positive and upbeat. They also run an outstanding academy.
              They seem to be hiring a whole lot these days. I can only imagine the large number of apps they receive everytime they open up. Which is every other month, it seems.

Comment

Avici 183, the Internet and search engines can be your friend: www.sccsheriff.org.

I would not say the west valley is slow. It is suburban, there is a difference. 50,000 people in Cupertino plus a lot of business versus 10,000 (if that) people and no business in East San Jose. There is not a whole lot of unincorporated San Jose left.
                semper destravit

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10382 users online. 357 members and 10025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X