300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASO Captain Intercepted in Narcotics Wiretap

This is interesting. Anybody have some inside scoop on this? It seems to me there has to be something to it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3302154.story
    Well...Bye

She certainly sounds dirty. Whether she will fall is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
      She certainly sounds dirty. Whether she will fall is another matter.

Don't you think its a little premature to say she's dirty when the SO can't even say for sure that it is her voice on the tapes?

Comment

I'm guessing that the feds who were monitoring the wiretaps did not have any idea of what the voice of Captain Abrams sounded like. My speculation is that there was something said during the conversations that led them to believe it was her voice, and she was a Captain on LASD. Not that it is relevant, but I believe that she did grow up in Compton..
        Retired

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          Don't you think its a little premature to say she's dirty when the SO can't even say for sure that it is her voice on the tapes?
          I'll bet a few bucks that, by now, they know and CAN prove it's her voice. Chances are the sound engineers have already done it, long ago. They just will not say it publicly right now. Because she's a captain, probably promoted by Baca himself, and praised by the ADL, and "loved by the community", they're giving her wiggle room...to retire, resign, cop out and implicate others. If she were ground-pounding MALE deputy or sergeant, she'd already have been taken off of life-support and thrown under the bus.

At the other major agency in L.A. you can be off for up to a full year before they hold your internal trial. Many take that year only to bail out before the trial actually starts.
          Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
            I'm guessing that the feds who were monitoring the wiretaps did not have any idea of what the voice of Captain Abrams sounded like. My speculation is that there was something said during the conversations that led them to believe it was her voice, and she was a Captain on LASD. Not that it is relevant, but I believe that she did grow up in Compton..
            I agree totally, and there's also the phone number the Captain was using when she was intercepted, which was probably associated with her somehow..cell phone, land line, whatever. That's why I think there has to be alot more than her voice.
            Well...Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              I'll bet a few bucks that, by now, they know and CAN prove it's her voice. Chances are the sound engineers have already done it, long ago. They just will not say it publicly right now. Because she's a captain, probably promoted by Baca himself, and praised by the ADL, and "loved by the community", they're giving her wiggle room...to retire, resign, cop out and implicate others. If she were ground-pounding MALE deputy or sergeant, she'd already have been taken off of life-support and thrown under the bus.

At the other major agency in L.A. you can be off for up to a full year before they hold your internal trial. Many take that year only to bail out before the trial actually starts.
              ^^^

"Ain't nothing good ever come out of the hood."

Comment

This is actually about 4 to 6 months old by now. Talking to a few of the CAS guys, they have nothing but good to say about her as a Captain.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by avici_183 View Post
                  ^^^

I wold have to strongly disagree with that comment. I worked with quite a few great cops at Firestone station who were products of the hood.
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by avici_183 View Post
                    ^^^

I also work with, and have worked with, some GREAT coppers that I truly respect that have come from some pretty bad areas.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I say I'll give her the benifit of the doubt. We'll see what the details are soon I'm sure. If it turns out she's dirty, then her record of being a repected LASO employee and LEO will mean nothing, IMO...time will tell.
                      Well...Bye

Comment

Law enforcement records say the black bag contained 4,200 Xanax pills and 13 single-pint bottles of codeine with promethazine, also known as "sizzurp" or "purple drank."
                        Hahaha, oh wow.

Comment

Being that it's the FBI, the LASD captain has the benefit of the doubt from me until there is a conviction registered, and even then I might still tend to wonder. The feebs just have too many priors of going after law enforcement officers without regard to justice or truth. Sgt. Koon et al, Agents Ramos and Compean, Deputy Gilmer Hernandez and many more.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                            Being that it's the FBI, the LASD captain has the benefit of the doubt from me until there is a conviction registered, and even then I might still tend to wonder. The feebs just have too many priors of going after law enforcement officers without regard to justice or truth. Sgt. Koon et al, Agents Ramos and Compean, Deputy Gilmer Hernandez and many more.
                            Thank you! I'm glad someone said it ^^^^^^^^ based on their record of doing this, I have lost some respect for the feds.

Comment

Getting intercepted over a phone means nothing, if your not involved in the conspiracy. What will matter is what was said. You can't put someone on Admin leave because they called their nephew, for example, and had a legit conversation, and the feds happened to be listening. It will be interesting to find out what was said.
                              Well...Bye

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6158 users online. 425 members and 5733 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X