• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luunhatpro
    commented on 's reply
    They closed the September test and open new schedule for October ... lol

• cali1995
    replied
    Whoever was thinking of doing OCSD as backup like me, they closed their applications last night

Leave a comment:

• cruz0311
    commented on 's reply
    Do background investigators use files from other agencies to assist them, yes. Its used more to corabarate information. OCSD is not just gonna come and look at your completed LASD file and call it a day. They still have to conduct their own investigation. What speeds up background investigations is normally your cooperation with being as thorough as possible and having less baggage than others makes it smooth. A lot of it comes down to the individual background investigator's case load and work ethic.
    Last edited by cruz0311; 08-04-2020, 03:13 PM. Reason: Added more info

• cruz0311
    commented on 's reply
    Your right on the money, when I worked at backgrounds we would get refresher files from time to time of guys that recycled through the academy. People, there are other departments out there. The worst thing anyone can do is be married to the idea of one department and that's it.

• Luunhatpro
    replied
    When your conditional offer is expired, you have to do an update for background in order to get a new conditional offer. This updated background could takes 1-3 months or more depends on how change in your background. If Medical and Psy are expired, you have to retake the new one. All of these only valid for one year from the initial day. I don’t know If LASD could has an exception for this or not because it’s not your fault. It’s about the budget issue. Right now the list already has 350 people for upcoming academy. I believe from now on to April, the list could be increased to 450 or more. This means about 4-5 academy classes are already filled. What’s happened if LASD still not get full fund next year? Another 4 academy classes for fiscal year 21-22 ,that means some of us could
    be waiting for 2 years from today. My advice is don’t stress about this, get a backup plan or apply with another agency. They can use your file at LASD to expedite your process there. I spoke to a recruiter at OCSD and he said that really help for him if I apply to OCSD. He will contact LASD to have my information. The process could be as fast as a month. Wish you guys best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ocline
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, sorry to hear for those that were scheduled to start this month. Reserve academy is still scheduled for next month as far as I know. Hopefully that one doesn’t also get postponed.

• David.diaz1985
    commented on 's reply
    Do you know why?

• Donetskiy21
    replied
    North academy got canceled for an August academy . It’s going to be in October .

Leave a comment:

• Oglestein
    commented on 's reply
    Negative, just fingerprint and receive a new conditional.

• IvanM
    commented on 's reply
    Would we have to retake the medical and psych test?

• Eduard
    replied
    Anyone in class 455 in Santa Clarita academy and is looking for a room nearby, please DM me.

Leave a comment:

• CCxSOCAL
    commented on 's reply
    This is good news!

• Oglestein
    replied
    Update, so I talked to personnel today. For those of us that have been done since February / March, etc. we won’t need to redo our background if the next academy is in 2021. All we will have to do is get a new conditional and probably just fingerprints. That’s not speculation, it’s straight from the personnel
    department.

Leave a comment:

• CCxSOCAL
    commented on 's reply
    Remember that sometimes Academy Consultations/Captain Interview appointments are given in advance of up to 3/2 months prior to the start of academy. Application requirements for DST are also changing and we may be screened again to ensure we meet those qualifications.

• Oglestein
    commented on 's reply
    Dang, seriously! I hope that’s not the case. I’m starting the process with a local PD and maybe that will workout prior to LASD’s academy but even then, I hope I don’t have to do it all over again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2925 users online. 190 members and 2735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X