300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon everyone!

I’m scheduled to have my background interview next week.
    Can someone give me details on that two hour interview?

Comment

• BlueJayy96
      BlueJayy96 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s just an interview about you. Arrive early, make sure your suit is pressed and have all the required documents. Good luck!

• Anyone plan on going this Wednesday to pre academy workout? I will be in attendance

Comment

• I’ve been going fairly regularly to the coc pre academy. You’ll probably see me there.

Comment

• BlueJayy96
        BlueJayy96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blackbird85 Thank you for the update. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to any of their workouts but I will adjust my own workout routine. Currently I am weight training 6 days a week and hitting a treadmill or bike post workout for 30-45 minutes.

• Blackbird85
        Blackbird85 commented
        Editing a comment
        You got this, you’re already miles ahead it seems like! I feel like I’m playing catch up haha. How is your process coming along?

• BlueJayy96
        BlueJayy96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still waiting patiently bro. I’m hoping some good news will come around once the new fiscal year starts… until then i’m making sure I’m prepared just like everyone else. Any update on your process?

• Sauce Boss
        Sauce Boss commented
        Editing a comment
        Add running and calisthenics trust me when I went through the academy the was never weights.

• I finally got the call for the upcoming academy class on July 14th. Words can’t express how excited I am. Anyone else get the call yet?
      Last edited by BlueJayy96; 05-25-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Blackbird85
        Blackbird85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!!!!!

• BlueJayy96
        BlueJayy96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Misfit16 Here’s my refresh timeline:
        November 2021: Assigned new BI. Redo live scan and VPAT
        December 2021: BI Meet/Greet
        January 2022: Cleared Poly/Psych/Med
        February 2022: Background approved

Got the call May 2022

Tbh I’m not sure. It makes sense that they would get those who live closer to other academy locations first and branch out from there.
        Last edited by BlueJayy96; 05-26-2022, 10:30 AM.

• Shakabatman
        Shakabatman commented
        Editing a comment
        New to this forum, but got the call last week as well.

• BlueJayy96
        BlueJayy96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shakabatman just PMed you

• Anyone have any updates?
      Last edited by Raptor9708; 05-31-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• I’ve completed my background interview last week. The Bi said it will take about 5 months to complete.

Comment

• After 2 years I finally got the call for the next academy in July at COC

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Hey all, new to the forum. It’s been a while since I applied with LASD 2019 was my last DQ. Issues with poly and I had a ticket that caused some ripples with my background. So I figured I’d apply again. I’m currently in the process for LAPD but currently stuck at medical because I don’t meet the weight/ height body fat % requirement. I’m not far off from the 22 percent body fat mark im currently 24 percent. Obviously working on it. My question is is the medical portion for LASD the same as LAPD? Is it height weight then body fat if you don’t meet the mark or did they get rid of that? Also has anything really changed in the process since a few years ago? Thanks I’m advance!

Comment

• BlueJayy96
              BlueJayy96 commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s up bro. I was in the same boat as you with LAPD. I was medically deferred in 2019 due to weight. I came back 4 months later and made it but was DQed at the end. LASD didn’t check BF%. At least not for me recently. They checked my height and weight but no BF test.

• tnitz8
              tnitz8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the input! Yea I’ve been battling losing this body fat for a few months now. I’m hoping I can clear but it’s getting difficult. I’ll definitely put my app back in for DST! Thanks so much again! Good luck in your process/ academy!

• Congrats to all who got the call! As for me, I had a countermeasure on my poly that got signed off as no concern. So as of now I've just been waiting on the next email/call to get something else done.

Comment

• Sohcahtoa
              Sohcahtoa commented
              Editing a comment
              How long was it until you got your results for your poly? I just took mine today.

• Good evening all!

Class 460 will be having our tested scenarios on July 5th and 6th from 1000-2200 hrs. If you’re interested in helping as a role player please DM me and I’ll provide details. You can stay just for an hour or stay the whole day, it’s up to you. Food will be provided.

Comment

• It'll be just about a month since my poly and no word back on anything. Anyone have any luck scheduling a jail tour? I set one up at twin towers but earliest they had available was September 3rd. At the speed at which things are moving, September 3rd seems fast lol.
              Last edited by Blackbird85; 06-11-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Just got the dreaded email saying I’ll be recieving information regarding my background. Awaiting the official letter.

Comment

• Raptor9708
                  Raptor9708 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn! Sorry to hear that!

• Blackbird85
                  Blackbird85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m pretty sure it was due to my poly. I’m just surprised I wasn’t able to go in for another test. I hadn’t heard from my BI in almost a month and then I get an email saying I should be receiving a letter.

• It's been about a month and a half since my BI told me he submitted my background packet. I'm still waiting to schedule my Medical and Psych test. This is my second time going through the process since covid hit two years ago.

Congrats to everyone who got the call for the academy. I am hopeful I will be going in this year at least!

Comment

• Raptor9708
                  Raptor9708 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here, at least I'm not the only one. I was wondering what was going on? I called pre-employment and they told me it's still under review.

• frankyboi
                  frankyboi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I might call the pre employment to see if mine is still under review also. Hopefully we're able to attend the next academy

• Raptor9708
                  Raptor9708 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, hopefully!

• Originally posted by Blackbird85 View Post
                Well the ride a long was super fun, my poly not so much. Once I got hooked up I just forgot how to breathe. My examiner said he could tell I wasn’t making any lies but on paper it looks like I was trying to control my breathing. It was the only way I knew how to relax in that moment.
                So what happened? Did you have to start the poly over?

Comment

• Blackbird85
                  Blackbird85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Unfortunately I got the letter saying thanks no thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3481 users online. 222 members and 3259 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X