Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my medical and psych at the end of the month. Looking good! Keep hearing January academy, I pray that’s correct!

Comment

• Hey guys! Just to keep people aware of my time frame. I retook my VPAT 8/15ish and then had to retake a polygraph around 8/24. I then had to retake my medical exam and psychological exam around mid September. Since I moved, I had to provide my new neighbors information to my background investigator. Just be aware to not keep your eggs in one basket. I’ve applied to two near by sheriff department’s and I am on wait list to get assigned to an academy. Just food for thought.

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein
        Forum Member
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Great advise man! I know everyone’s journey differs but for me if LASD doesn’t work out I’ll stay where I am now. I’m currently sworn Federally so I’ll just stay here. LASD is where my heart is and if I doesn’t work out, it wasn’t my time.

• Current lasd academy class 457 wii be having critical scenarios from Tuesday 11/2. Anyone interested in signing up to be volunteers for role playing?

Date: Tuesday November 2nd
      Location: TBD --- College of Canyon OR Pitchess Detention Center ( Both are up north 3-4 miles from Six Flags along the 5 Freeway )
      Time: TBD --- 8AM - 3PM ( Most likely will not be a full 7 hours but its the time expect if it runs overtime )
      There will be foods and drinks provided for volunteers + guests that come to help out.

It is the best tool to be exposed to know what the expectations are to pass the test.

Please shoot me a private message if you are interested.

Comment

• Did anyone else receive a call to go to the HOJ to meet with a captain and Lieutenant on the 13th??

Comment

• Originally posted by IvanM View Post
      Captain’s interview?
      No clue what it is for. They didn’t really say much

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein
        Forum Member
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know what they say on Wednesday. For me I’ll be done with everything after the 26th. Then back to standing by for a call.

• Gardena_Raised
        Gardena_Raised
        Forum Member
        Gardena_Raised commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, what happened when you went to the HOJ?

• M198237
        M198237
        Forum Member
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        They said it’s just a meet and greet to get acquainted with some of the higher up deputies. I’m sure it’s a great way to get your name and face recognized by higher ups and it’ll definitely help them get to know you and your desire to be a dep with LASD.

• Hey guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news. LASD left me hanging entirely. I passed everything for them last year in April 2020 and I havent heard a thing! Not even a simple update for anything. My own old BI has no idea why. I applied to another local agency and have been sent to Rio Hondo for them. I am sure its not LASD's fault as they've been hit with some nasty budget cuts but my best advice would be to apply elsewhere at the same time. Had I waited I would have made nearly 2 years waiting now. Smaller agencies need bodies. Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Does anyone have LD’s they can possibly send me?

Comment

• After moving on to medical phase has any of you been contacted still by backgrounds or are we pretty much moved on?

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
            Sirpopeingtom
            Forum Member
            Sirpopeingtom commented
            Editing a comment
            Red4golf
            Forum Member
            Red4golf my confusion is that about 4 weeks ago my poly was potentially inconclusive pending review. I didn’t hear anything else from my BI and today I got my medical date. I’m just wondering if that means it was accepted and I’ve been moved on.

• Red4golf
            Red4golf
            Forum Member
            Red4golf commented
            Editing a comment
            Sirpopeingtom
            Forum Member
            Sirpopeingtom. Your poly could have been reviewed by the supervisor and deemed good. When I did my refresher, my packet couldn’t be submitted until I did my poly and it came back good. I’ve been done with everything since late August.

• Stealth392
            Stealth392
            Forum Member
            Stealth392 commented
            Editing a comment
            Red4golf
            Forum Member
            Red4golf how long after you were done with your med/psych did it take for them to contact you? Just got done with mine last week and now I’m just waiting and not sure what to expect. Did they explain what they meant by voluntary? I’ve never heard of that.

• Red4golf
            Red4golf
            Forum Member
            Red4golf commented
            Editing a comment
            @ Stealth392 after everything was submitted I was just like all of you, hurry up and wait. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago I got called to do the captain’s meet and greet, but it was like a casual interview. There was a Lieutenant, a female Sergeant and one other Deputy. They asked simple questions,I.e. “what are you doing to get ready for academy?” Why do you think you’ll make a great candidate?” I’m former active military, so they started to dip in to those questions as well. It took no more then 30minutes. But there was 3 other individual in front of me. So today I was invited for a “voluntary” PT session. Unfortunately I’m not able to attend due to me having my daughter this weekend.

• Been a little quiet in here lately so I’ll give an update. Sheriff went live today on Facebook and Instagram. He confirmed next academy for DST is in January. So those who have refreshed and are standing by, be patient!

Comment

• Grueso
            Grueso
            Forum Member
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it has been quiet because most people have moved on to bigger and better things.

Very Respectfully
            Grueso
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Grueso; 11-08-2021, 10:35 PM.

• Oglestein
            Oglestein
            Forum Member
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Bigger and better is subjective.

• Grueso
            Grueso
            Forum Member
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            That's correct

• CarNCydDad
            CarNCydDad
            Forum Member
            CarNCydDad commented
            Editing a comment
            Still waiting and hoping for the best over here. As far as the bigger and better comment, not likely bigger as LASD is the largest sheriffs department in the US (likely the world) but better is up to you to decide. Good luck to those who’ve moved on. For those of us still holding on, stay patient. Anything worth having is worth waiting for.

• I just got an email saying I was scheduled for my medical exam. What exactly goes on during that? Also are they still doing the treadmill test?

Comment

• Surfer244
            Surfer244
            Forum Member
            Surfer244 commented
            Editing a comment
            It consists of vitals, weight/height, hearing, vision, urine, blood work and doctor visit. No treadmill test.

• Good evening gentleman,

Quick question, I have brand spanking new learning domains from my time in class 404. Would anyone be interested in acquiring these LDs. I’m not to sure if they are relevant given they are from October 2014.

Comment

• Hey y'all, so I just got an e-mail reassigning me to a new BI. I had done medical and psych February of this year just been waiting for captain's interview. For any of you that have been waiting like myself, does this mean we restart all over from backgrounds?

Comment

• Red4golf
              Red4golf
              Forum Member
              Red4golf commented
              Editing a comment
              Short answer yes. If nothing has changed from your original background, this one should be fast. Count yourself lucky, some people have not been selected to update their packet.

• Hey, has anyone gotten a call about the next academy?

Comment

• RangerRay
              RangerRay
              Forum Member
              RangerRay commented
              Editing a comment
              I got contacted earlier this week to get a few things refreshed asap because they are trying to place me in the next academy so I don’t know if that counts. On the sheriffs live he said there are gonna be 2 academies coming up February and April but I heard January and February for stars and coc

• I received a call yesterday. I begin employment with the county in the OTS program December 20th and I start the academy January 20th at COC

Comment

• Heard back this week finally!! Next academy January 20th COC, I’ve been waiting for 2 years !!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4222 users online. 272 members and 3950 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X