Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got mine within 5 days with transunion

Comment

• For those of you who don’t get the call, don’t give up. I have been waiting for the academy since July 2020, I refreshed all my documents, redo Vpat med and psy. And I received a letter saying I didn’t get selected. I applied to another agency at the end of April 2021, I’m now scheduled for the academy in November. Keep your chin up kings, always have a backup plan and don’t get stucked in one department. You don’t have be to a cop in order to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirpopeingtom View Post
        For those wondering why they haven’t been called, it’s been confirmed to me that they are using a lottery based system. It’s totally random.
        Sooooo, they are not picking the most qualified candidates now. Oh boy....

What a shame. There are some really qualified candidates who would be great additions but they choose to go with a random selection process? You just can't make this stuff up.
        Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
        March 13, 2013

Comment

• Tomala118
          Tomala118 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the most fair way to deal with hundreds of people on waiting list. I think whoever got on the list are all really qualified candidates and they are great at certain aspect one way or another. Just because someone didn't get pick or pass over another doesn't mean the "random" people they are picking are any less qualified than other. Of course, it must be frustrating and disappointing to not get selected or selected "YET" but either way, one way or another someone will feel like they are qualified than another.
          Last edited by Tomala118; 09-11-2021, 11:32 PM.

• For anyone who had their BI ask them to refresh some documents how did you refresh them? Also if they asked to go over your PHS again, what is that about?

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
          Sirpopeingtom commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not really a “refresh”. We are essentially redoing our process. I had to resubmit my phs and redoing my background because it’s expired.

• You only have to redo your phs if anything has changed. I had to redo mine since I moved but yes all the other steps are just expired to redo.

Comment

• If anyone needs learning domains let me know

Comment

• For those who have already refreshed everything, does your BI go through and do work and home visits again as well as contact references? Or is it a much shorter process?

Comment

• M198237
              M198237 commented
              Editing a comment
              Much shorter. If you’ve moved they’ll do home visits again. Otherwise they’ll just text references and ask if they still recommend you. If you started a new job same thing. They’ll visit if you have or send a call or text if you haven’t. My refresh process was about 3 weeks and already got my new conditional.

• Does anybody have any legit info on when the next academy is going to be?

Comment

• Gerard45
              Gerard45 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just at STARS this morning and was told the next academy class was in January.

• Random question, but does anyone know why they aren’t have pre-academy workout or academies at BC anymore?

Comment

• Has any one popped inconclusive on a poly before? Took my refresh today and he said almost every question had me deep breathing in while he asked the question. It was consistent across the board so he didn’t count it as deceptive but it was inconclusive. Anyone get one of these?

Comment

• CarNCydDad
                CarNCydDad commented
                Editing a comment
                I retook mine last week and thankfully I passed. But I was nervous as hell because I felt like he asked the same questions more times than I remembered them doing last time. But in the end he said I was fine. But I say that to say your nerves coulda produced reactions. Inconclusive is definitely better than deceptive. I think they will let you come back and try again. The poly is definitely my least favorite part of this process. Good luck on your repeat though. You can do it!

• Sirpopeingtom
                Sirpopeingtom commented
                Editing a comment
                Man the ironic thing is that this poly I felt the most calm in. It was literally just the refresher and after which he showed me the chart and I wasn’t even spiking much. Just…breathing at the wrong time….even with my name question…

• Rssj91
                Rssj91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Two of my questions came out inconclusive. Had to go for a second time for one question and a third time for the second question. Finally cleared the 3rd time. It has to do with your nerves. I was super nervous. It was my first time ever doing a poly. I went on to take one again for Vegas PD, passed smoothly.

• Any one know if they are still doing polys out of the north county place?

Comment

• I received an email last week that I had to redo pretty much everything. Is that an indicator that I might be in the next upcoming academies? Or was I randomly chosen to just "try again"? The reason why I ask is because I applied for LVMPD in May 2021 and I already have an academy set for November 2021. If you ask me, LASD is the way to go for me. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Should I join LVMPD academy and continue the LASD hiring process or should I drop LASD completely?

Comment

• David.diaz1985
                  David.diaz1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would take the LVMPD offer, LASD is very unpredictable

• Oglestein
                  Oglestein commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’d also go with Las Vegas, it’s a for sure thing. Unless you absolutely don’t want to move, then hold out for LASD.

• Gardena_Raised
                  Gardena_Raised commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely would say got with Las Vegas since you’re already scheduled for the academy. You can always transfer to LASD later in your career if you really want to better you get your foot in the door now.

• Corvette76
                  Corvette76 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Rssj91 , I was in the exact same shoes …. I applied with LVMPD. Back in December of 2020. Tested in January, passed backgrounds by May of 2021. …

I was in the LAPD certified list , and I was currently in backgrounds with LASD. I was DQ’d back in October of 2019 for LASD.

I am now in the academy with LVMPD, and don’t regret it!! Way better than LASD and better benefits!

• To those of you who have refreshed their entire process did you have to do your psych again or just your medical?

Comment

• CarNCydDad
                  CarNCydDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had to redo psych medical and poly. I redo my VPAT next week.

• Been pretty quiet here. Any updates for anyone? I’m back to the hurry up and wait phase. I’ve updated my file now I’m waiting to hear what’s next. How’s everyone else doing?

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
                  Sirpopeingtom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My refresh poly came back inconclusive two weeks ago so I’m waiting on my BI to tell me when I need to come in. I emailed him Friday afternoon but didn’t hear anything. Did they already submit youre?

• Oglestein
                  Oglestein commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My BI resubmitted my case on Thursday. Now I’m standing by for my medical and psych refresh. BI said I should hear in a week or two for that.

Correction: Just received my email for my medical refresh. It’s at the end of the month.
                  Last edited by Oglestein; 10-04-2021, 07:08 PM.

• CarNCydDad
                  CarNCydDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not sure if my file was submitted or not. My BI hasn’t said anything to me yet. But I’ve submitted everything that was asked of me so I’m guessing I’m just waiting to hear what’s next.

• I haven’t heard about my background being completed. However, I received my medical date today. so possible my background is complete

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3969 users online. 271 members and 3698 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X