Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if the pre-academy physical conditioning program at STARS is back up and running?

Comment

• Dodger94
      Dodger94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I called the recruitment line last week and they stated it was still down due to covid.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we need to call to see if it's up and running. Let us know please if you call. Nevermind, Dodger94 answered it for us.
      Last edited by Raptor9708; 04-26-2021, 11:28 AM.

• Sonofapatriot
      Sonofapatriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Dodger94 Bummer, thanks for the reply.

• Idk if it’s too early since Saturday, probably, I’ll go ahead and ask anyway, has anyone received a call from their BI regarding anything else they need to update?

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
      Sonofapatriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you hear that the poly is good for 16 months? I swear I heard that on Saturday.

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just received a call from my new BI and all she told me was to updated my VPAT, livescan and went over what documents I need to update ( car insurance, car registration, a new credit report, a new notary ) and bring it to her.

• Sirpopeingtom
      Sirpopeingtom commented
      Editing a comment
      Tom, how old is your packet?

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sirpopeingtom I applied and passed my written and VPAT 2-2020 so I would say my package was from 3-2020, took my poly 7-2020.

• Sonofapatriot My BI also got reassigned to a different department. We'll have to wait until they contact us to get reassigned to a new BI.
    Last edited by Raptor9708; 04-26-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
      Sonofapatriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you contact your bi or operations?

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I still keep in contact with my former BI and she told me I would need to wait until they contact me.

• I had to retake my VPAT Saturday don’t know what it means but it can’t be bad news

Comment

• Shn123
      Shn123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a bad news at all, we are updating our expired stuff just to get ready for the academy.

• I think they are really pushing the pace at this moment and getting people ready. My new BI wanted me to update the documents as soon as possible and bring it to her. She wanted me to drive straight to santa ana to get the new credit report and give it to her within a couple of days instead of waiting 8-10 days.

Comment

• Jay365
      Jay365 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to do the same while I was in backgrounds. However, the office in Santa Ana was closed due to COVID. If that’s still the case, I have the number to one of the 3 major credit bureaus in case you want to order an expedited credit report. It’s a bit tricky because it’s not the main number you find online. Message me if you need the number.

• Lalala123.
      Lalala123. commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomala118 wait ! Is that place still open during the pandemic ?

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lalala123. I've actually ordered my credit report already and I told her it will come in in about 8 days this morning. Then she called me again earlier and told me just go down there and get it tomorrow and give it to her thursday so I was like...okay I'll do that hahah. I didn't even have the time to contact experian to ask if they are open to public.

I have not reached out to Jay365 on it yet if they are still open right now or not

• I don’t think I have to update any documents I finished my Med screening in January this year. Got my letter notarized just in case. So I hope I don’t have to update much.

Comment

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      when did you take your VPAT or submit your documents?

• Dude i finished everything in December so i don’t think I’d have to update much either.

Comment

• Has anyone been told that they need to redo their poly after taking their VPAT?

Comment

• Hi guys ! So I redo my polygraph today. I got a reaction on one of the questions that I didn’t have before. I had to write a statement to explain. Idk if this affects my hiring process somehow. Does anyone have this experience before?

Comment

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          That happened to me initially going through the process. Had an inclusive response to one of the questions. Was told by my BI to write an explanation. Wasn’t told to retake the test and was pushed through the process to the final stage in the process. I wouldn’t worry about it, if it was something worth retesting for, they would have told you.

• Lalala123.
          Lalala123. commented
          Editing a comment
          amillion99 so this is not an automatic DQ right? Sr I’m kinda freaking out

• Polygraph valid only for 1 year ?

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
          Sonofapatriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard 16 months but I have yet to hear anyone else confirm that.

• I think I heard it was valid for 18 months from what I heard Saturday.

Comment

• Any new info from anyone who went today to update their stuff?

Comment

• Lalala123.
            Lalala123. commented
            Editing a comment
            Still no official news

• Poly is valid for 18 months. Also, just because your written is set to expire that does not mean that you will be automatically DQ’d. I see a lot of you freaking out on this forum. Your mind is your own worst enemy at times. Redid the VPAT today and someone was there to do the written because theirs has expired. People were there for all sorts of reasons. Some were redoing the VPAT and hadn’t completed backgrounds yet. Others still needed medical/psych. If you didn’t get a call to redo the VPAT, don’t sweat it. They will continue going down the list and they’ll get to you. Don’t count yourself out unless you get a letter/email telling you that you’re out.

Comment

• So on 4/12/21 I received an email saying my application had expired and that I’d need to reapply if I wanted another shot. I called the number on the email and was told that the information was accurate and that I was no longer in the process. Now today 4/28/21 I received an email requesting me to submit my PHS, notarized waiver and all the other intake documents. This has confused me to say the least. I understand that the application is closed online so I’m not exactly sure what to make of this email. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
              Sonofapatriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Call pre-employment. Tell them you received the 2nd email and what do you need to update. If you're still in, then your still in. I find a lot of conflicting things the department says to do in this process and at times you can be like " what do I do?." And I find myself telling me to shut up and just do whatever they say. Just like big companies, sometimes one hand doesn't wash the other, but things still move forward. This may be your shot.
              Last edited by Sonofapatriot; 04-28-2021, 09:36 PM.

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              CarNCydDad that's awesome news. Don't hesitate, if they're asking you to submit your expired documents, send it ASAP and I wouldn't ask them any questions.

• I wasn't going to post this but this is the second time I've heard it in the past few days. Applicants who are 35+ years are going to get cut off from the process. If this news is true, then I'll be out of the process and that sucks! Don't know if other people have heard this same rumor.

Comment

• David.diaz1985
              David.diaz1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can I ask where you heard this from? That’s age discrimination. We’ve met all of their requirements and there is no age limit, so on its face it’s discriminatory.

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              David.diaz1985 I heard it from a couple of candidates and one of them is a coworker.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3052 users online. 191 members and 2861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X