Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied June 2019, and my written test will be expired of June of this year and I didnt get a phone call

Comment

• I'm so confused because my conditional expired in March. How is it my fault that covid happened and the budget was cut. I would assume it'd be fair for those that completed the process first to have priority to be placed in the upcoming academy.
      Last edited by HURCUL3Z; 04-23-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• HURCUL3Z
        HURCUL3Z commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think so because I also have a degree and I'm in my early 20's.

• Tomala118
        Tomala118 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if they are looking for the best candidates. A degree would definitely help but to be honest, a degree alone wouldn't just put you right up top if the other candidates have tons of work experiences, certification in other areas, volunteer work, and the time and work involved with relates stuffs. Its more a combination of all.

• David.diaz1985
        David.diaz1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        We could speculate until we’re blue in the face, but it will still be speculation. Deputy Brown told me a few months ago, that the academy classes will be compiled based in the expiration dates of the exams. However, who knows what algorithm they are using. So we either wait or move on.

• Grueso
        Grueso commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in my 20s, have a Master's Degree, and 11 years of military experience, And no call lol, do not lose sleep, folks. There are many other departments out there; I'm currently in the background process with Ventura County. Good luck
        Last edited by Grueso; 04-23-2021, 04:45 PM.

• Anyone retaking their VPAT next Wednesday?

Comment

• Tomala118
        Tomala118 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be re-doing mine next Wednesday

• Shn123
        Shn123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have they said anything about retaking your poly yet?

• Tomala118
        Tomala118 commented
        Editing a comment
        nope, my poly has not expired yet, i took my poly in july 2020. I just need to re-do my VPAT and update a few documents.

• All we can do is wait for the call

Comment

• I had a call with intake. They told me that I'm in the queue for awaiting an academy date. They said to not contact other units like Elba's or recruitment because they won't know that information. I was told unless someone from the department contacts you other information is not valid.
        Last edited by HURCUL3Z; 04-23-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
          Sonofapatriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they tell you to just wait for a phone call?

• HURCUL3Z
          HURCUL3Z commented
          Editing a comment
          They just said to be patient. Like always lol

• Sirpopeingtom
          Sirpopeingtom commented
          Editing a comment
          Out of curiosity, they didn’t comment on the fact you’re going over your two year mark? Nothing about being removed from process because of it?

• HURCUL3Z
          HURCUL3Z commented
          Editing a comment
          No they said I'm not going to be dropped. They said just be patient.

• I am having a feeling that something is gonna happen very soon.

Comment

• I swear, I keep my phone in my pocket on vibrate and every time I feel it vibrate, my heart skips a beat. Then I look at the number and it's a damn spam call.

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
            Sirpopeingtom commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a “no caller ID” number and spilled my energy drink answering it. Not Lasd but at least I know my factory warranty is expiring.....

• amillion99
            amillion99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha yeah it’s definitely an unnerving position to be in. Hopefully we do not need to wait very long to be contacted.

• Raptor , were you in the academy class that was canceled before ? Because they are doing academy class for those recruits that were hired previously and their academy class was canceled .

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, just been waiting patiently since August.

• I’m also waiting since of June 2019

Comment

• Wait , you took your written in March of 2019 , and they didn’t make you retest ?

Comment

• HURCUL3Z
              HURCUL3Z commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope. Crazy right?

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Donetskiy21 are you asking me? If so, I took my Vpat in November 2019. Had restart my process in October of 2019.

• Raptor9708 yes, you ) well , anyway good luck to all of you guys .

Comment

• We honestly don’t know why some are being called and others aren’t. Literally everything we have talked about is ALL speculation. No official word on anything has come forward yet from LASD. We don’t even know when the next academy will be. They’ve been saying since October of last year that there was going to be 2 academies sometime before the fiscal year was over. There has been zero.

Everything is speculation and I pray there is change coming soon but I won’t get my hopes up till there is official word in writing or a phone call from the sworn background unit regarding a Captains Interview.

Comment

• Hey gent, so I’m still in the process just did my medical and have my psych this Monday. I had a guy in medical that had his class canceled. He got a call, and is doing a speedy work up of all items expired. The word he received was June time frame. So I’m not sure if this work up is to fit as many people for the June academy they have plans for other agencies, or if this is a separate one for just DST. Just want to pass what info I have.

Comment

• Hello all,
                  I just got back from my VPAT. Basically from what I gathered with out guarantees is this: It appears that their will more than likely be an academy in june, after that they want to be able to plug in people for anything that occurs after said possible academy.

Their was around 60 people there to retest VPAT, live scan, and to re-notarize the intake/background document. They told us to go and get the paperwork notarized right away and comeback asap. We had the option to email it but they said better to just get it done today (seems like they are scrambling for a good reason.) They told us that we will be notified on processes that will need to be updated via phone call or email, they stressed that it was imperative to answer's all phone calls and keep your voicemail clear. If you have taken any classes or recently graduated to get new transcripts and to have them emailed or mailed asap to your Bi. Same with credit reports.

I believe another group (ca or reserves, not sure) was there and they were filling out whole packets, i briefly heard from a deputy that was talking to them say he can't promise anything, but they need to be ready and they want to plug them in as things progress.
                  As far as the group of people that were there and their time line in regards to their process ( conditionals, etc.) It was all over the place, so don't pay attention or stress about how they are picking people. Just be ready, it will happen at the snap of a finger, and make sure you're ready to jump through hoops and take time off to redo your file.

Good things are coming, just no dates. Good luck everyone.
                  Last edited by Sonofapatriot; 04-26-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Gerard45
                    Gerard45 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the info! It helped calm some of the nerves lol

• Any one else taking there VPAT this week?

Comment

• amillion99
                    amillion99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CM1994 Wait, so they called you to “retake” your physical but you’re not in the process anymore? What was the last stage in the process you were at?

• CM1994
                    CM1994 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    amillion99 yup, pretty much. I was in backgrounds, passed everything up until I ran into a bit of a hiccup.

• Raptor9708
                    Raptor9708 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't know what the department is doing by calling candidates from a couple of years ago, but yet, we continue to wait for a call.

• Sirpopeingtom
                    Sirpopeingtom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    *confused screeching noises*

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4149 users online. 277 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X