Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think they’ll have academy’s by December ?

Comment

• Lalala123.
      Lalala123. commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you’re good. I might have to start over again if I don’t get hired by the end of august

• I took my written in September of 2018. I had to withdraw in March of 2019 and continued again in November of 2019. Signed my conditional offer in July of 2020. I haven't received that email, thankfully, but if all that is true, then I'm screwed.

Comment

• Lalala123.
      Lalala123. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m so freaking scared ! I really don’t want to get kicked out after 2 years of waiting
      Last edited by Lalala123.; 04-12-2021, 09:03 PM.

• Last I spoke with deputy brown, it was not based on your conditional offer letter or when you finished the process, it was based on the date they gave you for eligibility. With that being said it sounded like that date is when you applied or when you passed the written.
    Last edited by Rotorguy90; 04-12-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• With the recent shooting in Minnesota it wouldn’t surprise me if they continued to defund LASD. Stand by to stand by for more political pushback.

Comment

• Lalala123.
        Lalala123. commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers cross ! I hope people in LA don’t get too crazy with all the protests

• So the sheriff said, for the first time, they're in a hiring freeze.

Comment

• Lasdhopeful27
        Lasdhopeful27 commented
        Editing a comment
        But he also did say that they would extend our offers

• Lalala123.
        Lalala123. commented
        Editing a comment
        There will be some academy classes maybe month and June ?

• I don't know what is happening but a coworker of mine got a email a few months ago stating his written test is about to expire. He called and started the process over again starting at Vpat. My question is if our written test determines our 2 year eligibility, why did they email him so he can start the process again. He is currently in Med/ psych exam.

Comment

• Just got done talking with Deputy Brown. He stated and I quote “You’re eligible for hire 2 years after your written date. Any background before then can be updated to keep you eligible for an academy”.

Comment

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for getting further clarification. That would explain why some candidates are receiving the news that they’re dropped from the eligibility list. So from this point on we can expect that we have until 2 years passed our written test date to get officially hired on.

• The sheriff said they will meet up with the CEO no later than the end of this month. Also, he said they can’t have anymore hiring freeze. More good news might come out by the end of the month.

Comment

• I think it’s important out to point out a bit of context of what he said today. I’m getting dms on my ig talking about how he said “freeze” yea, we’ve been in a subtle freeze the past year. He acknowledged what he’s been saying for like two months now. He’s negotiating with the ceos office to get us out of it.

As for the question he followed up with in regards to the expiring packets, I don’t think he fully answered it. After two years from your written exam you get dropped, hopefully that gets addressed.

Comment

• Oglestein
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I don’t know. Based on what Deputy Brown told me today you’re eligible for 2 years after your written. After that you have to reapply. Maybe they will change that because of what happened or keep it. But the info I got from Deputy Brown today, I’d assume would be what the latest is since he’s responsible for hiring us.

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just like in the game of monopoly, a mistake was made in my favor.

• Sirpopeingtom
            Sirpopeingtom commented
            Editing a comment
            Raptor, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you say you had to withdraw and reenter process in November 2019? That would mean your packet is good until November 2021.

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sirpopeingtom yes i did, but if everyone is saying that it's based upon my written, I took that in September 2018.
            Last edited by Raptor9708; 04-15-2021, 10:49 AM.

• When you sign the conditional offer it states, “This Conditional Offer of Employment is valid for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of signature. All appointment commitments extended to you by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department shall be void upon expiration.” Signed mine 9/28/20. Class 455 is graduating in a couple weeks! So hopefully we get a hiring date soon!

Comment

• My background was submitted a week and half ago, how long did it take to get a condition letter after background was submitted?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              As for me, it took 2 weeks before I got my conditional offer by email. But with the department being understaffed, it might take a little longer, or not. Covid/Defund/Budget screwed everything up.

• I don't frequent this thread as often as I did, but this is what I see here...
            It used to take YEARS to get hired, due to budget constraints, staffing, etc. When I applied, there were VERY FEW, if any, departments hiring. But, I updated my expired tests at the only other department that was hiring and pressed on. I understand the difficulty in finding the time to take the tests, especially when you have to use work/sick time to complete the process. I never felt our believed that the county owed me anything other than the opportunity to apply. That is not what I see here.

Unfortunately, the department hires many applicants who should never been hired. Some people come in here hard charging and then they can't wait to find the easiest assignments in custody and other areas. Some people look great on paper...until you see their work performance. Everyone, just steady on. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING other than the opportunity. It is up to you to advance if you are hire able. Fortunately for everyone here, other departments ARE hiring. We don't need anymore self entitled, the world owes me something individuals. We need team players who are willing to take on a difficult role in today's society. Everyone wants to be a ghetto gunslinger...that's fine. Just be able to stay awake for your shift. Some people can't do that. For those that didn't "sign up for this,"....you haven't signed up for anything yet. This is just the hiring process. If you can't handle this, then you won't be able to go hands on with some psycho in a cell with a shank, or deal with a 415F then just went south. We have enough people yawning in the corner...
            For others that embrace a team mindset, a self-less demeanor and are willing to mentor younger deputies when they come aboard, stay the course.
            We will always find a place for you. Good fortune to everyone!
            Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
            March 13, 2013

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said sir. Thank you for offering your valuable advice to us.

• cruz0311
              cruz0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks sir for saying what needs to be said.

• I received this email today,

You should be receiving mailed information regarding your background investigation shortly.

So this basically means I am disqualified right?

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, it does sound like you got Dq'd.

• Grueso
              Grueso commented
              Editing a comment
              Please do not feel discouraged; the U.S. Army is always hiring; send me a DM if interested.

• Unsurprisingly, the recommended 2021-2022 Budget proposed by the Board of Supervisors continues with a deficit in the Sheriff’s Department’s budget. When Sheriff V. spoke on the previous years budget cuts, he explained that the cuts would undoubtedly come from hiring new recruits, and running new academies, and obviously it’s expected to be the same this year. It’s looking like there will likely be a few academies this coming fiscal year, but will there be enough for most of us waiting to get hired on? Probably not. Hopefully Sheriff V. can find a way to allocate enough funds to allow the majority of us waiting to get the opportunity to begin our careers with the department, but its my opinion that it’s time to start looking for opportunities elsewhere. Like many have said before, those of us waiting aren’t owed anything by the department, but luckily there are plenty of agencies hiring across SoCal right now. We just need to keep our heads up and keep moving forward.

Comment

• I hope that those of us who are hitting our two year mark get selected first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2591 users online. 121 members and 2470 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X